ALL recent another head coach options merged-- preMM firing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I imagine it would be hard to tell the 2 of you apart in a side by side photo op

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
About as unrealistic as ...oh say....Favre going to Minnesota?

Favre ended up in Minnesota in part because the Packers had Aaron Rodgers.

Rodgers going to New England is highly unlikely. The team he is by far most likely to end up with at the end of his career is Green Bay.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
Wi. Mike now in Florida
Reaction score
One thing I have to add in the Packers selecting a replacement for MM or anyone
in the front office, is they'll have plenty time to think about it 3/4 of the way through this season.

Also, if they have another personal from another team in mind, and that team is in the SB or play-off's.
nothing can to done until after this season's dust has settled.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The offense didn't start slow, why did it end slow? Different scheme? New receivers don't know how to adapt? Rodgers doesn't trust them to adapt to a changing defense on the quick throws so he by passes them regularly? I see far too many plays left on the field to think it's as easy as they play calls that's the issue.

The entire offense is the issue. Something about the marriage of McCarthy and Rodgers is broken. It's not solely the play calling and I'm not trying to argue that it is. But the design of the offense is a big part of it. This offense relies far too heavily on isolation routes and beating man coverage. By its very nature, it's slow developing. And it does a terrible job of providing outlets when the ball needs to come out (and yes, at times the outlets have been there and Rodgers has missed/ignored them). There are systemic issues here that need to be cleaned out. I don't think it's radical to say that after 14 years, McCarthy's offense has grown stale and the Packers need to move on.

Puppydog31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you have ever broken some bones and have had screws put in them (as I did) you would know that the cold weather really affects the bones for years and years...it might be worth giving Kizer a look in week 14 when the packers are officially out of the playoffs

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whoever it is is going to be stuck between a rock and a hard place. i hope they're hungry and up to the challenge for the long hall...if they're allowed to go the long hall.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m actually hoping they go after McDaniels not only because he’s a TRUE offensive guy...but because where he comes from they know how to win and make the necessary ADJUSTMENTS which has been something McCarthy has been criticized about time and time again. .
I don't really have a favorite in this race, but you make a good argument. He also seems like the perfect guy to get Rodgers to settle down and move the chains, instead of throwing the long ball on 3rd and 2 all the time.

Someone on TV today (don't remember who it was) said that maybe Rodgers is throwing the ball away so much this season as a sort of commentary on the play design - sort of like "This is what you come up? You don't free up any receivers for me to throw to, I'll just throw it away".

Skip Bayless also brought up Rodgers throwaways this year. Of course his take was that he was doing it to "pad his stats" by avoiding the interception. Lol. If there is a bad spin for something Rodgers does, Bayless will find it. Definite troll.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of you may not like it but at this point I think the two best Candidates for this Job is actually the other Harbaugh...Jim and Josh McDaniels. Dislike the two all you want but Harbaugh has won in this league and so has McDaniels. He kinda got forced out in Denver but here’s a guy who knows offense and his ability to do more with less is impressive unlike with McCarthy.

I’m actually hoping they go after McDaniels not only because he’s a TRUE offensive guy...but because where he comes from they know how to win and make the necessary ADJUSTMENTS which has been something McCarthy has been criticized about time and time again. If McDaniels is offered this job I’m almost positive he takes it unless BB plans to retire after the season. My #1 choice is Josh. His brother Ben, and my brother were close friends growing up...they actually lived down the street from us in Canton, Ohio so I know his family and dad Tom who coached my older brothers at Canton McKinley HS and won a State championship with Josh at QB. They are a football family. I’d like to see what he can do with Rodgers.
I lived near SF when the other Harbaugh was coaching the Niners. Yes indeed, he had success. He was also in a war with ownership (the Yorks) from the moment he got to town. He didn’t get whacked for non-performance, he just didn’t get along with people. In fairness, the Yorks are a bunch of jerks, so maybe it was a mutually-beneficial divorce. I’m just not willing to gamble when it comes to picking him. A bit too much risk that he would be too much of a distraction. John Harbaugh would be a better choice, but I have a hunch Murphy and Gluten already know who they want. I don’t.........

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can find a guy that knows offense as well as McDaniels and has a bit more integrity and maybe still has their soul intact. Hard pass on that jack ***. Or the Patriots really hit him up with an offer to take over if he stays that he didn't expect and then took it. Otherwise, even completely disregarding any past allegations, what he did to the Colts last year was horse crap

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can find a guy that knows offense as well as McDaniels and has a bit more integrity and maybe still has their soul intact. Hard pass on that jack ***. Or the Patriots really hit him up with an offer to take over if he stays that he didn't expect and then took it. Otherwise, even completely disregarding any past allegations, what he did to the Colts last year was horse crap
It’s actually very sad to me that it appears that most fans care about absolutely nothing but winning. I always wonder why? How do they derive pleasure from someone else’s success when that someone is not somebody they can respect beyond their ability to win a game?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know. It's not hard to be ethical and respectful and still be very successful in life. You can even make money while being decent too

Status
Not open for further replies.