ALL recent another head coach options merged-- preMM firing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ll admit I have no idea. I don’t follow this stuff but I think it’s getting to be time...
The Packers should have an open contest.
You think you can coach this team? Come and try it out for an hour.
Let's see how many from this forum would have the balls to try that.
Those who are on here who think they know it all would either be way too chickensh*t to do it or those that do would be humbled real fast.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Let's be honest here, some of the Vikings made spectacular plays. Thielen had 3-4 very good, to great catches. Rudolph had a big time catch for an important play. Diggs had a couple big time plays at big time moments, and they got to execute this "scheme" against who on defense?

Meanwhile pretty much every big play GB could have made, the didn't. Graham with a tough one he's being paid to make. I can think of at least 2 over throws to just Adams that were overthrows, one for an easy TD missed. and we had to execute this offense against who? you know you're in trouble when you can readily name the opposing defense but aren't quite sure who's on your own. Regardless of the play call, I'd rather run it against what GB had to put on the field for defense last night 100 times out of 100, than try and run that same play against the Vikings defense.

The Packers offense is slooooow. There is no pace and way too many of the play calls require deep sets and to much time too develop. We've become pitiful on 3rd down.

We don't need to talk in circles here. Execution matters and there's no doubt that execution has been a problem this year (Rodgers not least of all). But that and coaching/scheme issues are not mutually exclusive. This offense is broken on a system level. It's not hard to look around the league and find several examples of coaches doing more with less.

Last edited:

Puppydog31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you were any kind of Aaron Rodgers fan like I am we would hope the best for his future. He will never be the QB that he is capable of if he stays in the packer organization. If Brady retires after this year I would love to see Aaron get traded to the patriots and be on a team with a great coach and see him get a couple more Super Bowl rings.

Puppydog31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
During any game the better coach is the one who makes the best adjustments at halftime..the packers have struggled in the second half..

Puppydog31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gutekunst has done a good job during his first season as the team's general manager. It's ridiculous to suggest to fire him.

I guarantee McCarthy and every other coach on the Packers has forgotten way more about football than you will ever know.
That’s the problem...they’ve forgotten everything..

Puppydog31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone but mc Carthy as a coach I personally like Joe Lombardi the saints QB coach. But anyone! Al bundy would be better. Or Danica Patrick ...why not? Rodgers at least will listen to her and she can calm him down at halftime..

Puppydog31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bring back Holmgren for one last rodeo. Other possible candidates: Jason Garrett (If he's somehow fired), Holmgren, Marc Trestman, Lovie Smith, Jim Bob ******, Cowher, Lincoln Riley, Joe Lombardi, DeFilippo, McDaniels, & Kris Richard.
POLK HIGHS BEST. AL BUNDY! As our next coach

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you were any kind of Aaron Rodgers fan like I am we would hope the best for his future. He will never be the QB that he is capable of if he stays in the packer organization. If Brady retires after this year I would love to see Aaron get traded to the patriots and be on a team with a great coach and see him get a couple more Super Bowl rings.
please go to the patriots forum and stay there.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This sounds like the Brett fans in last few years in GB
I was and still am a huge Favre fan.... but always a Packer fan first... I’m also a Rodgers fan,, but i’m also realistic enough to recognize the fact that he is not perfect and certainly needs to take some of the blame for the Packers problems. As for rooting for Rodgers above the Packers ... that’s ridiculous.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I was and still am a huge Favre fan.... but always a Packer fan first... I’m also a Rodgers fan,, but i’m also realistic enough to recognize the fact that he is not perfect and certainly needs to take some of the blame for the Packers problems. As for rooting for Rodgers above the Packers ... that’s ridiculous.
I was moderator at farves official forum during 5hat time.. 99 percent of people were on his side. I voiced my opinion on it and was booted as mod..

I won't allow this to become the Aaron
Rodgers forum

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was moderator at farves official forum during 5hat time.. 99 percent of people were on his side. I voiced my opinion on it and was booted as mod..

I won't allow this to become the Aaron
Rodgers forum
understandable.

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harbaugh as HC, Pettine as DC, and an up and coming OC that is actually using a 2010's to 2020's offense instead of our current 1990's one. Maybe Oklahoma's OC or someone similar. Should be a highly competitive position to work with Rodgers and the Packers.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers offense is slooooow. There is no pace and way too many of the play calls require deep sets and to much time too develop. We've become pitiful on 3rd down.

We don't need to talk in circles here. Execution matters and there's no doubt that execution has been a problem this year (Rodgers not least of all). But that and coaching/scheme issues are not mutually exclusive. This offense is broken on a system level. It's not hard to look around the league and find several examples of coaches doing more with less.
The offense didn't start slow, why did it end slow? Different scheme? New receivers don't know how to adapt? Rodgers doesn't trust them to adapt to a changing defense on the quick throws so he by passes them regularly? I see far too many plays left on the field to think it's as easy as they play calls that's the issue.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is the offense is broken from the off-season prep. McCarthy and Rodgers and co. can scheme up 10-20 creative/dynamic plays every game but then they go back to the regular offense and that offense sucks. It's a complete failure on McCarthy's part.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of you may not like it but at this point I think the two best Candidates for this Job is actually the other Harbaugh...Jim and Josh McDaniels. Dislike the two all you want but Harbaugh has won in this league and so has McDaniels. He kinda got forced out in Denver but here’s a guy who knows offense and his ability to do more with less is impressive unlike with McCarthy.

I’m actually hoping they go after McDaniels not only because he’s a TRUE offensive guy...but because where he comes from they know how to win and make the necessary ADJUSTMENTS which has been something McCarthy has been criticized about time and time again. If McDaniels is offered this job I’m almost positive he takes it unless BB plans to retire after the season. My #1 choice is Josh. His brother Ben, and my brother were close friends growing up...they actually lived down the street from us in Canton, Ohio so I know his family and dad Tom who coached my older brothers at Canton McKinley HS and won a State championship with Josh at QB. They are a football family. I’d like to see what he can do with Rodgers.

Last edited:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m actually hoping they go after McDaniels not only because he’s a TRUE offensive guy...but because where he comes from they know how to win and make the necessary ADJUSTMENTS which has been something McCarthy has been criticized about time and time again. If McDaniels is offered this job I’m almost positive he takes it unless BB plans to retire after the season. My #1 choice is Josh. His brother Ben, and my brother were close friends growing up...they actually lived down the street from us in Canton, Ohio so I know his family and dad Tom who coached my older brothers at Canton McKinley HS and won a State championship with Josh at QB. They are a football family. I’d like to see what he can do with Rodgers.
Don't see him leaving New England.

Puppydog31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
please go to the patriots forum and stay there.
Oh sorry for being realistic..your right...mike mcarthy is is a much better coach than bill belichick....smh. Another packer fan who can’t accept the truth

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh sorry for being realistic..your right...mike mcarthy is is a much better coach than bill belichick....smh. Another packer fan who can’t accept the truth
No.. We all know it's time .. But you stated you want Rodgers to go to the Pats. That's not realistic

Puppydog31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I didn’t state that I “wanted” him as a patriot. I simply meant that he is a great QB and deserves to be with a great coach and get a couple more Super Bowl rings. I would love to see him get a couple more Super Bowl rings in Green Bay but do you honestly think he can do that with this coaching staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.