AJ Green: Not Happening (Link)

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the trade capital is worth it, but anyone is available to be traded for the right price, especially a 30 year injured WR on a winless team building for the future.

It makes no sense given our emerging WRs, value we place on the draft, and salary needed to sign him beyond this year.

I would actually be a bit dismayed if we traded more than a 3rd for a WR at this time, and that's to say we are renting them for this season, not re-signing, and giving up the last pick of the 3rd as SB winners.

It's not Madden. No one ever things about the logistics and accounting of football.

Aging WR right now is a losing proposition.

Now, if you want to talk about ILB...

Calvin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the trade capital is worth it, but anyone is available to be traded for the right price, especially a 30 year injured WR on a winless team building for the future.

It makes no sense given our emerging WRs, value we place on the draft, and salary needed to sign him beyond this year.

I would actually be a bit dismayed if we traded more than a 3rd for a WR at this time, and that's to say we are renting them for this season, not re-signing, and giving up the last pick of the 3rd as SB winners.

It's not Madden. No one ever things about the logistics and accounting of football.

Aging WR right now is a losing proposition.

Now, if you want to talk about ILB...

Depends on how you look at it. Say GB gets Green for a 3rd. They go on to win the super bowl because of some big catches, was it worth it? Heck yeah! Look at the Eagle, Qb won the super bowl but the data says Wentz has potentials which somehow meant more to them then getting a ring. To me it's all about now, potentials take a back seat

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depends on how you look at it. Say GB gets Green for a 3rd. They go on to win the super bowl because of some big catches, was it worth it? Heck yeah! Look at the Eagle, Qb won the super bowl but the data says Wentz has potentials which somehow meant more to them then getting a ring. To me it's all about now, potentials take a back seat

Your saying the same thing I just did, only wording it differently.

"..if we traded more than a 3rd for a WR at this time, and that's to say we are renting them for this season, not re-signing, and giving up the last pick of the 3rd as SB winners..."

I would be fine using a 3rd, as it would be the 96 pick of the draft if we won the SB. Anything higher on an aging injured we would be a gamble.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Bengals have made it pretty clear they're not trading Green. The Packers shouldn't be interested in a player not being able to stay healthy.

It might be the smart thing to not bring it up over and over again.