1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Ahman Green to the TExans?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Feb 13, 2007.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,959
    This was posted on another forum.....

Green was on sirus radio and said his heart was in GB and hoped a deal will get worked out, but he is looking for a long term deal and said if it cant get done in GB he would like to reunite with Mike Sherman and the Texans. That he talks to Mike regularly and likes and respects him and would want to play for him again. He aslo said the Texans need a RB.

2. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That is true. It is also rumor season. It is in Green's best interest to have multiple teams bidding for his services. It is just good business.

Green could leave for a longer term deal or one that is worth more than the Packers. I think he is the top RB free agent available this off season.

It is with caustion and consideration of motives we should listen to rumors and statements this time of year.

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, thanks for posting.

I'd hate to loose Green, because I think he can still offer something to this team.

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    At the same time, Green might just be putting a statement like that out there to get the Packers to make a move. To catch their attention.
    I think he wants to be here, but who knows what will happen.

5. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    C'mon, the Texans need a RB? They have GADO!!!!!!

6. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

And Lundy. And Dayne. And Dominick Williams (the RB formerly known as Dominick Davis).

What they need is an O-line.

7. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,959
    IF they do go after Green, how silly is that??? hey had a chance to get Reggie..

8. vegOmatic

vegOmatic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    When it comes to running backs, Green is getting to be a little old for a "long term" deal.

9. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It all depends on Green's definition of LONG term...

At this point in his career, I'd say 3 years is VERY long term. Green has lost that breakaway gesar he had in the open field.

I'd say Let him go and go get someone younger...

10. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    2 years is the longest I'd sign Green for. It'd also be incentive based.

11. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    i dont think texans need him they may need a q.b. hope they can come to terms with green

12. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We can't lose Green, he's my favorite. If we lost him, I'd be devestated. :(

13. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    agreed, i also like green, he had a 1000 yard season even with missing games. so i dont see why we should not get him again.

14. refpacker

refpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    In no way is he the top RB free agent...Old and injury prone isnt exactly what teams are looking for.....Rhodes and Peterson are better prospects than him...

15. flapackfan

flapackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No big deal We need somebody younger, cheaper & more reliable when it comes to fumbling anyway.

Good luck to you Ahman

16. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Me too, and so would be Brett. lets hope it doesnt happen. Thats certainly something that Brett Favre did not come back for.

17. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What does Green have to do with Favre coming back? I doubt Favre gave it a thought. He came back because he thought the team could make the playoffs (and getting those big records could have been on his mind).

18. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    everything has to do with brett favre.

19. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +645
    I credit Brett Favre for my good grades last semester and I would like to thank him for making the hamburger helper i enjoyed this evening EXTRA tasty... chili macaroni, if you must know.

20. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, and it was Brett's Egyptian ancestors that invented Beer. :beersign: The break in the cold weather coming this weekend -- directly attributable to Favre. :packbeer:

21. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +645
    Favre's so tough that he, like an alligator, can fully digest the shell of a turtle! I heard that once back in his drinking, he at an entire homeless homeless on a dare! The guy was pretty thin, but the dare took place pretty much right after lunchtime, so that ain't too bad! :packbeer: To Brett Favre! :packbeer:

22. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah and I heard he eats lightning, craps thunder, and can crush a diamond back into coal...

Football's version of... Chuck Norris!

23. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +645
    I was thinking more along the lines of Bill Brasky, but to each his own. He's a ten foot tall sonuvabitch who showers in vodka and makes his living by bringing tears to the eyes of each and every Vikings fan.

24. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Whether we like it or not, Ahman Greene is the best running back we have. There isn't anyone else so we need to sign him. I'd give him more money for a shorter contract, rather than less money for a longer contract. Honestly I can't imagine Houston wanting him, but if they do good luck Ahman

25. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    As much as I like Green, we can replace him (Rhodes, Lynch maybe?), but I am for keeping him. But this isn't the 2002 Ahman Green.