Ahman Green to the TExans?!?!?!?!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This was posted on another forum.....

Green was on sirus radio and said his heart was in GB and hoped a deal will get worked out, but he is looking for a long term deal and said if it cant get done in GB he would like to reunite with Mike Sherman and the Texans. That he talks to Mike regularly and likes and respects him and would want to play for him again. He aslo said the Texans need a RB.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is true. It is also rumor season. It is in Green's best interest to have multiple teams bidding for his services. It is just good business.

Green could leave for a longer term deal or one that is worth more than the Packers. I think he is the top RB free agent available this off season.

It is with caustion and consideration of motives we should listen to rumors and statements this time of year.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the same time, Green might just be putting a statement like that out there to get the Packers to make a move. To catch their attention.
I think he wants to be here, but who knows what will happen.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C'mon, the Texans need a RB? They have GADO!!!!!!

And Lundy. And Dayne. And Dominick Williams (the RB formerly known as Dominick Davis).

What they need is an O-line.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
IF they do go after Green, how silly is that??? hey had a chance to get Reggie..

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When it comes to running backs, Green is getting to be a little old for a "long term" deal.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It all depends on Green's definition of LONG term...

At this point in his career, I'd say 3 years is VERY long term. Green has lost that breakaway gesar he had in the open field.

I'd say Let him go and go get someone younger...

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agreed, i also like green, he had a 1000 yard season even with missing games. so i dont see why we should not get him again.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is true. It is also rumor season. It is in Green's best interest to have multiple teams bidding for his services. It is just good business.

Green could leave for a longer term deal or one that is worth more than the Packers. I think he is the top RB free agent available this off season.

It is with caustion and consideration of motives we should listen to rumors and statements this time of year.

In no way is he the top RB free agent...Old and injury prone isnt exactly what teams are looking for.....Rhodes and Peterson are better prospects than him...

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No big deal We need somebody younger, cheaper & more reliable when it comes to fumbling anyway.

Good luck to you Ahman

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can't lose Green, he's my favorite. If we lost him, I'd be devestated. :(

Me too, and so would be Brett. lets hope it doesnt happen. Thats certainly something that Brett Favre did not come back for.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What does Green have to do with Favre coming back? I doubt Favre gave it a thought. He came back because he thought the team could make the playoffs (and getting those big records could have been on his mind).

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I credit Brett Favre for my good grades last semester and I would like to thank him for making the hamburger helper i enjoyed this evening EXTRA tasty... chili macaroni, if you must know.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
I credit Brett Favre for my good grades last semester and I would like to thank him for making the hamburger helper i enjoyed this evening EXTRA tasty... chili macaroni, if you must know.

Yes, and it was Brett's Egyptian ancestors that invented Beer. :beersign: The break in the cold weather coming this weekend -- directly attributable to Favre. :packbeer:

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre's so tough that he, like an alligator, can fully digest the shell of a turtle! I heard that once back in his drinking, he at an entire homeless homeless on a dare! The guy was pretty thin, but the dare took place pretty much right after lunchtime, so that ain't too bad! :packbeer: To Brett Favre! :packbeer:

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
Favre's so tough that he, like an alligator, can fully digest the shell of a turtle! Back in his drinking, he once at an entire homeless guy on a dare! To Brett Favre!

Yeah and I heard he eats lightning, craps thunder, and can crush a diamond back into coal...

Football's version of... Chuck Norris!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking more along the lines of Bill Brasky, but to each his own. He's a ten foot tall sonuva***** who showers in vodka and makes his living by bringing tears to the eyes of each and every Vikings fan.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whether we like it or not, Ahman Greene is the best running back we have. There isn't anyone else so we need to sign him. I'd give him more money for a shorter contract, rather than less money for a longer contract. Honestly I can't imagine Houston wanting him, but if they do good luck Ahman

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whether we like it or not, Ahman Greene is the best running back we have. There isn't anyone else so we need to sign him.

As much as I like Green, we can replace him (Rhodes, Lynch maybe?), but I am for keeping him. But this isn't the 2002 Ahman Green.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts