1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Ahman Green to the TExans?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Feb 13, 2007.

1. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Not meaning to start a debate but I swear we are sometimes too willing to just "replace" people a little too fast around here. I was worried last year that Green may not be able to perform that well and he proved me wrong.

Greens fumbles went down which is what some of us complained about before. Give him some holes and his numbers will be fine !!!

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think Green has something left, to me the big question is......how much moola is he gonna want to stay here?
    I think he and Morency as a one two punch would be good.
    I like Green, and I hope he stays.
    Alot will depend on what he wants, or if someone out there offers him a bundle of money to leave.

3. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    i agree cheesey. i'm definitely not ready to buy into the notion that since he's turning 30, he's completely washed up.

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,969
    Exactly my thoughts and Winnie mention the less fumbles he had..No one seems to mention that..

But what type of long term thing is he looking for?? the price has to reflect his assets for the next 2 or 3 years..Which I think if he does get a 3 year deal, year 2 of that things will start to go down hill for him

5. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He already started to go down hill.

When a speed back like Ahman loses his top-end speed, it's a sign that his injuries/age are catching up with him.

No one also mentions that he had less carries, thus less of a chance to fumble.

I don't dislike Ahman... I am a fan of anything Packers. He should know however, that his years as a prime player are limited now. As his speed diminishes, so will his effectiveness...

Thus my opinion, don't re-sign him to a huge contract.

6. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That is essentially the same comments from last year. But last year he was coming off a major injury. IMO, he should command about the same one year contract that he signed for last season.

7. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Even though filled with sarcasm, that is the most intelligent post you've ever written.

Some have to remember there is a thing called TEAM CHEMISTRY.

Unless there is a stud FA running back who is willing to come to Green bay for less then what Ahman will sign for, then IMHO I think a deal shluld be worked out.

Green isn't what he was before the injury but don't forget he still managed to go over 1000 yards running behind an O-line that was not very good in the early part of the season and he was coming off an injury most guys would never had been able to.

There are more important needs to worry about rather than RB.

8. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I cannot see any team giving him anything more than what amounts to a nice paycheck next year. The contract might have more years in it but probably not obligating the team to much after the first year.

If another team rolls the dice thinking he can go longer he will be history because it's unlikely the Pack will match it. He's obviously hoping for something like three years. Good luck. For the Pack that would mean no thanks.

I like A. Green. I WISH he would take a healthy check for one year, split time with some young buck, and go out strong. Not hold on until he's riding the bench somewhere in his last year.

9. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    You're like the guy who gets interviewed on the colbert report and thinks its real, and everyone laughs at you.

10. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Look in the mirror, it was a joke.
    Do that and you will get two laughs for the price of one.

11. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    thats a brilliant idea.

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    To me Green still looked pretty quick last year. He may have lost a little, but i don't think it's time to kick him to the curb yet. If he can tag team with Morency, which gives him some rest, it would keep both backs fresh.

13. chibiabos

chibiabos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :beersign: Green may have lost a bit but, he's still the best GB has and sure as heck is the best of what's in free agency now! Sign him and let's not decide the solution is in the draft before it happens.

14. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,969

This topic is interesting now that he is in Texas..

15. chibiabos

chibiabos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :twocents: Green in Houston and he was the best RB in FA and yet there's some on board that think we should sign a RB from FA? Doesn't make sense. A trade? Perhaps. Probably with what's in house and the draft will solve the problem. Training camp should tell the story.

16. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    i think we should sign a RB from free agency if he's acquired at a reasonable price. Ahman Green was not able to be acquired at a reasonable price.

17. chibiabos

chibiabos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :jumpflame: You get what you pay for! Settle for a RB with lesser abilities
    then Green just does not compute.

18. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    i don't think the texans are going to get what they paid for. i'm being serious.

19. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't see Green running for 1,000 yards next year unless the Texans get an offensive line.