Ahman Green to the TExans?!?!?!?!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
Whether we like it or not, Ahman Greene is the best running back we have. There isn't anyone else so we need to sign him.

As much as I like Green, we can replace him (Rhodes, Lynch maybe?), but I am for keeping him. But this isn't the 2002 Ahman Green.

Not meaning to start a debate but I swear we are sometimes too willing to just "replace" people a little too fast around here. I was worried last year that Green may not be able to perform that well and he proved me wrong.

Greens fumbles went down which is what some of us complained about before. Give him some holes and his numbers will be fine !!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Green has something left, to me the big question is......how much moola is he gonna want to stay here?
I think he and Morency as a one two punch would be good.
I like Green, and I hope he stays.
Alot will depend on what he wants, or if someone out there offers him a bundle of money to leave.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
i agree cheesey. i'm definitely not ready to buy into the notion that since he's turning 30, he's completely washed up.

Exactly my thoughts and Winnie mention the less fumbles he had..No one seems to mention that..

But what type of long term thing is he looking for?? the price has to reflect his assets for the next 2 or 3 years..Which I think if he does get a 3 year deal, year 2 of that things will start to go down hill for him

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
i agree cheesey. i'm definitely not ready to buy into the notion that since he's turning 30, he's completely washed up.

Exactly my thoughts and Winnie mention the less fumbles he had..No one seems to mention that..

But what type of long term thing is he looking for?? the price has to reflect his assets for the next 2 or 3 years..Which I think if he does get a 3 year deal, year 2 of that things will start to go down hill for him

He already started to go down hill.

When a speed back like Ahman loses his top-end speed, it's a sign that his injuries/age are catching up with him.

No one also mentions that he had less carries, thus less of a chance to fumble.

I don't dislike Ahman... I am a fan of anything Packers. He should know however, that his years as a prime player are limited now. As his speed diminishes, so will his effectiveness...

Thus my opinion, don't re-sign him to a huge contract.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Green has something left, to me the big question is......how much moola is he gonna want to stay here?
I think he and Morency as a one two punch would be good.
I like Green, and I hope he stays.
Alot will depend on what he wants, or if someone out there offers him a bundle of money to leave.

That is essentially the same comments from last year. But last year he was coming off a major injury. IMO, he should command about the same one year contract that he signed for last season.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
everything has to do with brett favre.

Even though filled with sarcasm, that is the most intelligent post you've ever written.

Some have to remember there is a thing called TEAM CHEMISTRY.

Unless there is a stud FA running back who is willing to come to Green bay for less then what Ahman will sign for, then IMHO I think a deal shluld be worked out.

Green isn't what he was before the injury but don't forget he still managed to go over 1000 yards running behind an O-line that was not very good in the early part of the season and he was coming off an injury most guys would never had been able to.

There are more important needs to worry about rather than RB.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot see any team giving him anything more than what amounts to a nice paycheck next year. The contract might have more years in it but probably not obligating the team to much after the first year.

If another team rolls the dice thinking he can go longer he will be history because it's unlikely the Pack will match it. He's obviously hoping for something like three years. Good luck. For the Pack that would mean no thanks.

I like A. Green. I WISH he would take a healthy check for one year, split time with some young buck, and go out strong. Not hold on until he's riding the bench somewhere in his last year.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Even though filled with sarcasm, that is the most intelligent post you've ever written.

Unless there is a stud FA running back who is willing to come to Green bay for less then what Ahman will sign for, then IMHO I think a deal shluld be worked out.

Green isn't what he was before the injury but don't forget he still managed to go over 1000 yards running behind an O-line that was not very good in the early part of the season and he was coming off an injury most guys would never had been able to.

You're like the guy who gets interviewed on the colbert report and thinks its real, and everyone laughs at you.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
tromadz said:

You're like the guy who gets interviewed on the colbert report and thinks its real, and everyone laughs at you.

Look in the mirror, it was a joke.
Do that and you will get two laughs for the price of one.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me Green still looked pretty quick last year. He may have lost a little, but i don't think it's time to kick him to the curb yet. If he can tag team with Morency, which gives him some rest, it would keep both backs fresh.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:beersign: Green may have lost a bit but, he's still the best GB has and sure as heck is the best of what's in free agency now! Sign him and let's not decide the solution is in the draft before it happens.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I cannot see any team giving him anything more than what amounts to a nice paycheck next year. The contract might have more years in it but probably not obligating the team to much after the first year.

If another team rolls the dice thinking he can go longer he will be history because it's unlikely the Pack will match it. He's obviously hoping for something like three years. Good luck. For the Pack that would mean no thanks.

I like A. Green. I WISH he would take a healthy check for one year, split time with some young buck, and go out strong. Not hold on until he's riding the bench somewhere in his last year.

This topic is interesting now that he is in Texas..

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:twocents: Green in Houston and he was the best RB in FA and yet there's some on board that think we should sign a RB from FA? Doesn't make sense. A trade? Perhaps. Probably with what's in house and the draft will solve the problem. Training camp should tell the story.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think we should sign a RB from free agency if he's acquired at a reasonable price. Ahman Green was not able to be acquired at a reasonable price.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:jumpflame: You get what you pay for! Settle for a RB with lesser abilities
then Green just does not compute.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
i don't think the texans are going to get what they paid for. i'm being serious.

I don't see Green running for 1,000 yards next year unless the Texans get an offensive line.

Members online