Rick 12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at Yankee Stadium on Dec 31 1962 on a cold and windy day watching the Packers beat the Giants that was my first season as a Packer fan being from the northeastern part of the country. Love the Packers ever since !

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
58 here; my older brother got me interested in football and the Pack when I was an elementary school kid. Bart Starr was my first sports hero, and still a man I admire. But I'm an old fart too....

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This would have been a much more interesting thread if people had to answer one simple yes or no question along with their age. Do you appreciate what Favre did for the Packers organization. Ya, I said it, I opened that can of worms. ;)

Anyway, I am 43 and officially became a packer fan, of all days, on the day that Charles Martin body slammed McMahon.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am 39 years old. I watched the Packers lose for quite a few years before Majikowski came around. My grandfather, father, and his friends would all tell me about the glory years but also reinforced how many losses they had all watched together. That 1989 season was amazing for how it electrified the fan base. Harlan, Wolf, Holmgren, Favre, White, and many others reignited a dormant flame in Green Bay. It's been 20+ years of glory again and I'm lucky enough to hopefully have many years of Packers watching ahead of me.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm 23, the first Packers game I remember watching was a beat down of the Giants in 1998. I've never been to Wisconsin.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This would have been a much more interesting thread if people had to answer one simple yes or no question along with their age. Do you appreciate what Favre did for the Packers organization. Ya, I said it, I opened that can of worms. ;)

Anyway, I am 43 and officially became a packer fan, of all days, on the day that Charles Martin body slammed McMahon.

Sort of the prototypical legal question - do you still beat your wife, Yes or No? :)

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Actual age. 57
Physical age. 43
Minds age. 25

See, the minds age is what matters. That's the age that you tell your body when you want to do something.. That way you go out and try to do things you did when you were 25. So what happens is some things you can do, and others you can't. When can't, the body tells your mind HOLY ****ing ****, you can't do that anymore. It's time to not try that anymore.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
45. Been a Packer fan since the 90's. Wore my Brett "Back to Back NFL MVP" from 95-96 yesterday and all my wife would ask is"why are you wearing that old shirt?"

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm 67.
I saw my 1st live Packers game in old City Stadium in October 1956.
My favorite player at the time was Billy Howton.
I have attended countless Packers games over the years in both Green Bay and Milwaukee but I have never seen the Packers play outside of Wisconsin.
My alltime favorite Packers player is Ray Nitschke.

Chris398

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I started watching NFL football in Jr. High School in the 1965 to 1967 time. Watched the Ice Bowl game on a 10" portable TV. Mostly Giants and some Cowboy fans here at that time.

Chris398

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Packers attracted a lot of new fans in the 70's and 80's. Heard many new fans attracted by Favre and now Rodgers.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Didn't need to Chris. Stadium was still jam packed as was Milwaukee County Stadium. That was pre-unrestricted free agency and the sale of team "gear" and the internet and by-and-large ESPN. We got our news via Western Union telegraph, smoke signals and Pony Express. Particularly up here in Northeastern Wisconsin where 'dem newfangled flush terlits and runnin' water is first now bein' put in in the village square. ;)

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Packers attracted a lot of new fans in the 70's and 80's. Heard many new fans attracted by Favre and now Rodgers.

Ahhhhh, after years of being labelled a bandwagon fan on forums, I now see where they really came from. :)

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I'm from '76 and from Denmark. I saw my very first NFL game in 1995 at Lambeau and I've been a Packers fan ever since

Saw The super Bowl in 1997 in Bosnia while being deployed - The ONLY Packers fan among app 100 US soldiers at Camp Valhalla rooting for The Broncos LOL

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it's so much that we are a self-entitled fanbase, I just think it's not too much to ask for more than 2 Championships from the careers of Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it's so much that we are a self-entitled fanbase, I just think it's not too much to ask for more than 2 Championships from the careers of Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers.
It's a nice thought, but then they've both played their part in more championships NOT coming to GB. One more than the other, but neither is without fault.