Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Going through the threads on this board just reaffirm the belief that this might just he the most entitled fan base in all of sports. Seriously I question how many people are millennials around these parts.
This deserves its own thread.
Without posting my exact time on this orb, I'll just say I saw Starr and Lombardi and all those greats play as a young child. My first child was born during the rise of #4 and my last was just out of diapers with the arrival of Godgers.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Phft... I'm 57 and.still mix it.up on the basketball court with my 25 year old son and his buddies.

Played organized ball in grade school, high school and one year of college (3 years after playing in high school).

Coached grade school and high school on a volunteer basis. Went.to first Packer game in 1965 and enearly every Green Bay home game in the 70's, 80's and 90's.

About midway through the 95 season, it seemed like the fan base attending home games changed. I began going to fewer and fewer games as the ESPN generation started taking over.

I am OK in front of my 55" plasma. :)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Grew up pretending to be Eddie Lee Ivory and Paul Coffman in my back yard

Started 3 years on my varsity HS football team. Senior year our team was ranked in 15 of state..Played with future Olympian track star

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This deserves its own thread.
Without posting my exact time on this orb, I'll just say I saw Starr and Lombardi and all those greats play as a young child. My first child was born during the rise of #4 and my last was just out of diapers with the arrival of Godgers.

Wasn't around for the Starr era. The late Lindy Infante was the coach when I first started watching the team. It was the era of the 'Majik' man.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't around for the Starr era. The late Lindy Infante was the coach when I first started watching tho e team. It was the era of the 'Majik' man.

This is true for me as well. I remember dressing up as Malik Man for Halloween

Sky King

Reaction score
My Packer eyes were opened the first year that Lombardi became the coach -- a coincidence since I was about nine at the time. I have had the enjoyment of witnessing the team earn seven of their 13 World Championships. Stuck with 'em faithfully during the Gory Years, too.

D

Dan115

I will be 63 in Feb - I became a Packer Backer 15 Oct 1961 A big win over the browns that day.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm 57 next month. My parents were lifelong Packer fans, since before they met, and before a guy named Lombardi came along. I'm also a lifelong Packer fan, since I knew what a football was and began watching games with them in the early '60's, hence the DNA part. I literally haven't missed a play of a Packer game since '88, as the first big sports bar with satellite opened up in '89 a few miles away. Watch every play whether we're up big or down big.
My Mom and I were both born and raised in New Jersey, Dad in Pennsylvania. Don't think we didn't catch more than a little grief for that.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got to see Bart Starr, as a coach, not a player. My first game was the playoff game against the St. Louis Cardinals in '83.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm 24, who gives a flying ****

I know that I don't...and doing what I do, when I say that I don't give a flying **** about something, I really and truly don't give a flying ****. Thing is, I would give my left arm to be 24 again so that I could change my sh*tty, inexperienced and wrongful outlook on life and LEARN to give a flying **** about the fact that you're 24. See, when I was 24, I knew what you know now. :roflmao: ...and I've been learning ever since. ;) Ok... for the record, I'm just having a little fun with you. I love your response.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I didn`t, and I don`t. Merry Christmas unless you don`t give a **** either :)

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My Packer eyes were opened the first year that Lombardi became the coach -- a coincidence since I was about nine at the time. I have had the enjoyment of witnessing the team earn seven of their 13 World Championships. Stuck with 'em faithfully during the Gory Years, too.

Other than being nearly twice your age at the time, this holds for me, too.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lot of old farts on this site. We may have to start stocking up on picks for the next fan draft.:D

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just turned 37. I was a big baseball fan and didn't care for football. My Grandpa was a huge redskins fan. Its funny because my biggest memory of him was that I got my first wallet. Maybe 7 or 8 yrs old... My dad ,Who never did sports, even though he was built like a NFL DE. worked me hard from day 1, but believed in paying me as motivation. So I had a $5 bill, that I would flash as I show people my new wallet. The skins were in the playoffs I beleive, and down huge at the half. My grandpa bet me $5 that the Redskins would win. Im sure he was trying to double my money. But the Skins came back and won it. HE TOOK MY $5!!! LOL He said those are the rules... ANyways I blame him for stunting my football growth :). didn't get into football until 1990 when I started collecting cards. Majik man was throwing to sharpe . That's all I remember. I was watching the game where Majik went down and Favre brought us back for the win. I was hooked from Favres first game. Watched the rise from the ashes. It was awesome. I didn't really get into the 365 day a year stuff until fantasy football. Must be 15 years ago or so. Now its a full blown obsession. Football and how it relates to strategy/ psychology. Then add the gladiator effect...Its a great game.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grew up pretending to be Eddie Lee Ivory and Paul Coffman in my back yard

Started 3 years on my varsity HS football team. Senior year our team was ranked in 15 of state..Played with future Olympian track star
I'm 51 and remember playing football in the yard as Starr, Hornung, Lane & Brockington (if ever handed the ball). Longtimefan... are you from Brookfield and referring to triple-jumper Kenny Harrison? At 5'-10" he dunked on our team (still illegal in HS at the time) in a basketball game in early 80's.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm 51 and remember playing football in the yard as Starr, Hornung, Lane & Brockington (if ever handed the ball). Longtimefan... are you from Brookfield and referring to triple-jumper Kenny Harrison? At 5'-10" he dunked on our team (still illegal in HS at the time) in a basketball game in early 80's.
No...

Floyd Heard

Latest posts