Adams Traded to Las Vegas

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Interesting insight on Davante.

But can you blame him? You will only live once, maybe Davante liked the climate and lower taxes of Nevada? Maybe he likes being near mountains. Football isn't "life"

I don't see someone like Davante, or AR for that matter, being the type of person to "live to work"

So whether it was personal preference, weather, lower taxes, geography, playing with Carr, etc. It doesn't really matter honestly

Good for Davante. Everyone sort of won in the end
I think it had more to do with playing with his buddy Carr. I say that because in 2017, the Raiders were still the Oakland Raiders. Anyway, he is no longer a Packer and it will be interesting if he ever comments on his relationship with AR.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams is not a traitor - He is a very good NFL receiver who was productive here, got a chance to play for the team he grew up rooting for, and took it. I wish him all the best, as I am sure many others do.

Aaron Rodgers is not anyone's idle, although some may see him as an idol, which is a different word.
During OTA's Rodgers has been my idle idol.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it had more to do with playing with his buddy Carr. I say that because in 2017, the Raiders were still the Oakland Raiders. Anyway, he is no longer a Packer and it will be interesting if he ever comments on his relationship with AR.
I mean I don't think it really matters to be honest. Davante would be wise to just NOT SAY ANYTHING about whether he prefers Carr or Rodgers to throw to him.

Objectively, we CAN for CERTAIN say that Nevada is a nicer/warmer climate than Wisconsin and there are lower (or none?) state income taxes... I could see how that could be appealing to some

To each his own

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I mean I don't think it really matters to be honest. Davante would be wise to just NOT SAY ANYTHING about whether he prefers Carr or Rodgers to throw to him.

Objectively, we CAN for CERTAIN say that Nevada is a nicer/warmer climate than Wisconsin and there are lower (or none?) state income taxes... I could see how that could be appealing to some

To each his own
Yup. Davante doesn't seem like the kind of guy that will throw shade on someone. If he has any beefs with Rodgers or the Packers, I can see him keeping tight lipped. I'm sure he's quite pleased with Aaron's contributions to help make him the highest paid WR in the NFL, the fact that he is now playing on the team he dreamed about playing for and with his college buddy and QB. He's gotta be pretty happy, even if it was a little less money.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. Davante doesn't seem like the kind of guy that will throw shade on someone. If he has any beefs with Rodgers or the Packers, I can see him keeping tight lipped. I'm sure he's quite pleased with Aaron's contributions to help make him the highest paid WR in the NFL, the fact that he is now playing on the team he dreamed about playing for and with his college buddy and QB. He's gotta be pretty happy, even if it was a little less money.
Money wise it's all relative. Nevada has ZERO state income tax compared to Wisconsin. Also the winters aree obviously MUCH LESS harsh in Nevada than Wisconsin

D

Deleted member 6794

Listen to the whole clip. Rodgers appears to be serious when he says he helped him to get to Vegas.

Why would I applaud him for helping the best WR in the NFL jump ship? For all we know, this is why Rodgers seemed pretty intent on throwing to him, wanted to drive his value up. Which helps the Packers in what they get for Davante, but not so much if he was over forcing the ball to his friend.

I'm sorry, Poker, I respect your opinion on most topics but that's utter BS.

I understand people not liking Rodgers off the field (as I've said repeatedly, most likely he isn't a guy I would like to go for a beer with) but it's absolutely ridiculous how some of you go to great lengths to blame him for something he had no effect on.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw an excerpt from an interview with Davante. I got the impression that based on conversations with Aaron he didn't think Aaron would be playing much longer.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm sorry, Poker, I respect your opinion on most topics but that's utter BS.

I understand people not liking Rodgers off the field (as I've said repeatedly, most likely he isn't a guy I would like to go for a beer with) but it's absolutely ridiculous how some of you go to great lengths to blame him for something he had no effect on.
Who is blaming Rodgers for Davante wanting to go to Vegas? I sure didn't. Again, I think you have gotten so sensitive about Rodgers, you take any news, even me posting Rodgers himself saying that he knew Davante wanted to play for the Raiders and he helped make that happen, as people trying to throw shade on him. How can you dispute Rodgers own words?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so, some of you find it surprising that Rodgers isn't going to be here much longer and Carr being 10 years younger will likely be around longer? NO **** Rodgers isn't going to be here that long. I said before last year started 1-3 years tops. Most of the greats have called it quits already by this time in their career or earlier.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Davante was asked to compare Rodgers and Carr.

“As far as talent and ability, it’s really similar, if I’m keeping it real,” Adams answered.

D

Deleted member 6794

Who is blaming Rodgers for Davante wanting to go to Vegas? I sure didn't. Again, I think you have gotten so sensitive about Rodgers, you take any news, even me posting Rodgers himself saying that he knew Davante wanted to play for the Raiders and he helped make that happen, as people trying to throw shade on him. How can you dispute Rodgers own words?

How did Rodgers help Adams get traded to the Raiders??? Did he call Dave Ziegler and worked out the trade for him??? And I'm not even talking about the nonsense you posted about Rodgers targeting Adams to increase his trade value for this offseason.

What Rodgers actually said is that he talked to Adams about both of their plans moving forward. It shouldn't be surprising that he didn't guarantee to play into five season in those conversations though.

FYI, while Brady has made a lot of fans believe there are a ton of quarterbacks playing into their 40s there have been only FIVE QBs (Brady, Moon, Brees, Testaverde and Favre) in NFL history who have thrown a season's worth of pass attempts after the age of how old Rodgers will be entering the 2023 season.

Davante confirms that his conversations with Rodgers influenced his decision to leave Green Bay.

Nobody should be surprised by anything Adams' said.

Davante was asked to compare Rodgers and Carr.

“As far as talent and ability, it’s really similar, if I’m keeping it real,” Adams answered.

I couldn't have said it any better.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
FYI, while Brady has made a lot of fans believe there are a ton of quarterbacks playing into their 40s there have been only FIVE QBs (Brady, Moon, Brees, Testaverde and Favre) in NFL history who have thrown a season's worth of pass attempts after the age of how old Rodgers will be entering the 2023 season.
Did you ever consider that this was one of the big reasons Gute pounced on the opportunity to draft Love? ;)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The time came where I had to think about my overall life and happiness,” Adams says. “Where do I want my kids to grow up? I love Green Bay but I’m a West Coast dude and a lot of family — especially my grandparents — haven’t been able to see me play in close to a decade of playing pro ball. It’s all the same people that’s coming — and it’s not a whole lot. It’s hard to get into Green Bay, and it’s expensive, too — I’m like, why the hell is it expensive to get into Green Bay?

“I had to leave every single weekend of OTAs to come back to California. Literally every single weekend I was flying back and forth, two flights each way on commercial flights. Four flights each week just to see my family. I wanted to be able to do OTAs and be with my team but not have to leave my wife and kids. That’s huge for me. I’m a family man, and that was hella unnecessary travel.”

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was so hard to play with he made Adams go home and cry to his momma and they barely have a functioning airport so he couldn't leave and there is nothing else to do in GB other than ****.

I'm kidding of course. Adams is in the back nine of his career too. He gave us a lot and played hard all the time. Complete pro and I wish him well. If he was 28 and Rodgers 30, i'm guessing he's enduring all those flights to go home for a few more years. But alas, life goes on and he decided it was time to move on.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers was so hard to play with he made Adams go home and cry to his momma and they barely have a functioning airport so he couldn't leave and there is nothing else to do in GB other than ****.

I'm kidding of course. Adams is in the back nine of his career too. He gave us a lot and played hard all the time. Complete pro and I wish him well. If he was 28 and Rodgers 30, i'm guessing he's enduring all those flights to go home for a few more years. But alas, life goes on and he decided it was time to move on.
I think he has 3 good years left

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts