Adams Traded to Las Vegas

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams wants to be close to family
Don't really buy this "excuse"... he's married and has 3 yr old & 6 month old daughters. Neither are in school yet, but Adams chose to set-up his household in California rather than make GB area his home. I could complain about missing my family if I bought a home & made "home" 2,000 miles away from my job... but the smart move, IMHO, was to make my "home" 12 miles away from work.

Also, the fact that his grandparents have never seen him play professionally is 100% on Davante. For the cost of a week's salary (as a rookie!!) he could've chartered a direct flight from their home in CA directly to Austin Straubel, had a limo drive them to/from Lambeau and had his entire extended family watch him from a skybox. Life is about choices, doesn't sound like he made "his family" a priority.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't really buy this "excuse"... he's married and has 3 yr old & 6 month old daughters. Neither are in school yet, but Adams chose to set-up his household in California rather than make GB area his home. I could complain about missing my family if I bought a home & made "home" 2,000 miles away from my job... but the smart move, IMHO, was to make my "home" 12 miles away from work.

Also, the fact that his grandparents have never seen him play professionally is 100% on Davante. For the cost of a week's salary (as a rookie!!) he could've chartered a direct flight from their home in CA directly to Austin Straubel, had a limo drive them to/from Lambeau and had his entire extended family watch him from a skybox. Life is about choices, doesn't sound like he made "his family" a priority.
I'd disagree to a degree. If he was flying home every week, he did make them a priority. as someone raising a family away from family, it's hard. We have no grandparents, aunts uncles etc very close to us. in our family, family helping family is pretty big. and we still do for big things, but for the everyday stuff with small children, we're kind of on our own.

yes it's a choice but if most of his family is there and needing or wanting help or just the closeness of family during that time for what is a temporary job for Adams, I could easily see making myself the one moving around all the time, and keeping the family unit stable in one place. It's not the worst decision in the world.

I hate that my kids don't have the relationship with their grandparents and cousins that I had growing up. That stuff might be really important to him and his family. I can't fault him at all, and I don't doubt his sincerity.

OP
OP
A

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get wanting to be with family? But really dude offered 30 million a year complaining about plake ticket prices hahaha

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think Rodgers better think about a decent replacement for Adams. Maybe if Rodgers wasn’t so money hungry they could have a veteran go to receiver after Davante. Oh sure Rodgers REALLY NEEDS all that money for himself !!!! What about what the team needs for once?!!! Pathetic first game again today to open the Season! Matt didn’t have them ready once again. Should play starters in the Preseason. Maybe they wouldn’t be so pathetic then to open the Season!

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
And packers were 7 and 0 wo him in prior games

But now they are 7 and 1

Lets see how it plays out b4 claiming how they are screwed
You didn't like it when you felt like I was trying to tell you what you were thinking a little while back. So let's not assume I was trying to make the point that we are screwed?

I said at the time Davante was traded that the Packers didn't have a choice and that getting 2 picks was a great return.

My only point was to show that Davante is picking right up where he left off. He's a great player.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You didn't like it when you felt like I was trying to tell you what you were thinking a little while back. So let's not assume I was trying to make the point that we are screwed?

I said at the time Davante was traded that the Packers didn't have a choice and that getting 2 picks was a great return.

My only point was to show that Davante is picking right up where he left off. He's a great player.
Yes he is

And they lost with his great performance

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that is correct. Losses happen for almost every team in NFL history.

Tom Brady lost the Super Bowl while throwing for 505. Ultimate team game.
We all know he is great....we all do.

So what was point in telling us he played great?

To gloat? To say we are screwed?

Not trying to start anything.. But what was the real poi t of telling us what we know?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Think Rodgers better think about a decent replacement for Adams. Maybe if Rodgers wasn’t so money hungry they could have a veteran go to receiver after Davante. Oh sure Rodgers REALLY NEEDS all that money for himself !!!! What about what the team needs for once?!!! Pathetic first game again today to open the Season! Matt didn’t have them ready once again. Should play starters in the Preseason. Maybe they wouldn’t be so pathetic then to open the Season!
Packers wanted to pay him more than Raiders

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
We all know he is great....we all do.

So what was point in telling us he played great?

To gloat? To say we are screwed?

Not trying to start anything.. But what was the real poi t of telling us what we know?
It's a discussion thread about Davante Adams. I figured making a post about his performance might be a discussion point. It's really not all that uncommon for a message board.

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers wanted to pay him more than Raiders
Then let’s just say that Davante wanted out of GB no matter what. Still the Packer organization DID NOT go out there to find a super steady veteran receiver. That’s my point. Randall Cobb isn’t that good and the rest are young and have a lot to learn like hanging on to the football! Rodgers NEEDED a seasoned veteran as a replacement for Adams if not two.(Ideally)

Members online

Latest posts