Actual Signed Roster For 2022

Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Great deal structure !

Now dammit. go beat that 10.5 Sacks!
For me, these are the best "deals" for both sides. If Jarren has a great season, he gets paid for his production. If Jarren has a bad season, the Packers don't get hosed on his contract.

Now lets go get Julio and Tre'Quan on a similar deal.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packers signing CB Keisean Nixon

The forth year pro should provide special teams help.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Nixon obviously has familiarity with the Packers new special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia.

The fourth year pro is a former 2019 undrafted rookie out of South Carolina and has spent his first three NFL seasons with the Raiders.

Nixon has played in 40 games and recorded 38 tackles from scrimmage. More importantly, he's played 704 career special teams snaps and has some experience as a returner.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remembered the name as a guy I thought could be successful across the slot, found his pro day measurables.

He’s a depth incase type guy that will for sure upgrade our ST.

Attachments

• 1709F2AC-DA3F-4FB4-8CE3-EC32333750A6.jpeg
    1709F2AC-DA3F-4FB4-8CE3-EC32333750A6.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 60

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Jarvis Landry has been looking for $20M per year, no wonder he is unsigned. Must be his agents fault, since he fired him. Cross Landry off our list.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Now this is a great idea for protecting heads!

Wonder when they will require it for games?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was waiting to see if Nixon deal would be public yet but doesn't appear so. OP has Reed's hit added and Nixon added to names.

D

Deleted member 6794

Curious to see how much. Was hoping if we didn’t swing on any CBs in draft he could be late signing

Sullivan signed a one-year, $1.75 million deal with the Vikings. He received a $665K signing bonus.

Was waiting to see if Nixon deal would be public yet but doesn't appear so. OP has Reed's hit added and Nixon added to names.

I haven't seen any numbers published but I expect Nixon signed for close to the veteran minimum with close to no guaranteed money.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
So does LeRoy know something is in the works or is he just teasing me/us?

leroy butler
@leap36

Make no mistake about it ! The
@packers
are exploring Every option to replace 17, it might be someone who you would never guess that was available.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So does LeRoy know something is in the works or is he just teasing me/us?

Let's start a nice conspiracy/rumor out of it: Deebo Samuel just unfollowed the 49ers on Instagram (that part actually happened). Clearly this is the prelude to a trade to Green Bay, which is what LeRoy is referring to (That part...not so sure)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Let's start a nice conspiracy/rumor out of it: Deebo Samuel just unfollowed the 49ers on Instagram (that part actually happened). Clearly this is the prelude to a trade to Green Bay, which is what LeRoy is referring to (That part...not so sure)
As much as I would love to have Deebo, he is going to want a ton of money, on a new contract.

If for some reason he refuses to report or play out the final year of his rookie deal, another strike against football for me.

The days of contracts meaning something is slowly going out the window.

Reaction score
As much as I would love to have Deebo, he is going to want a ton of money, on a new contract.

If for some reason he refuses to report or play out the final year of his rookie deal, another strike against football for me.

The days of contracts meaning something is slowly going out the window.
I agree and You gave me an idea on how to slow that down and spread the Love. I would like to see teams have more incentives to reap some benefit if they sign a rookie (including UDFA) and develop him into a superstar. If that player does not resign with an originator team and attains a high end contract elsewhere (e.g. $20M+ guaranteed) then we should see a reward compensation. I’m talking just higher profile players Like Davante, not run of the mill types.

Such as: A current season top 200 Draft selection OR 5% of the new contract guarantee in compensation at originators choice.

That way if a guy like Davante wants to skip town? His previous team gets some slight compensation for his success and their risk in developing the player. That would’ve been a $3.2M kickback for his deal for putting him in a position to succeed. That $ gets paid 50/50 player/team so everyone feels the love and its escalated immediately.

There needs to be better incentives for teams who contributed to developing a superstar, target than a slap in the face and rhetorical “thank you good bye! I love you fans!”
Otherwise a team develops a player and does all the dirty work and other teams reap what they do not sow.

Also. If a high profile player holds out and demands a trade inside a contract? That player participates by paying 100% of the 5% departure fee if his team allows a request to leave. That includes this “retiring inside a contract” stuff.
Put a $1.5M “unexpected departure payout” due immediately. Thank you BJ Raji for your service! Make your check C/O “Oldschool101 Christmas party Fund”

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You gave me an idea. I would like to see teams have more incentives to reap some benefit if they sign a rookie (including UDFA) and develop him into a superstar. If that player does not resign with an originator team and attains a high end contract elsewhere (e.g. $20M+ guaranteed) then we should see a reward compensation. I’m talking just higher profile players Like Davante, not run of the mill types.

Such as: A current season top 200 Draft selection OR 5% of the new contract guarantee in compensation at originators choice.

That way if a guy like Davante wants to skip town? His previous team gets some slight compensation for his success and their risk in developing the player. That would’ve been a $3.2M kickback for his deal for putting him in a position to succeed. That $ gets paid 50/50 player/team so everyone feels the love and its escalated immediately.

There needs to be better incentives for teams who contributed to developing a superstar, target than a slap in the face and rhetorical “thank you good bye! I love you fans!”
Otherwise a team develops a player and does all the dirty work and other teams reap what they do not sow
Well I think that was the thought behind compensatory picks, but those don't apply after a certain date or when you trade a player. I guess if a team is willing to let a player out of his contract, via a trade, then they should seek compensation from the team said player is being traded to.

Maybe you are talking about situations where a player "forces" a trade through certain actions like saying they won't play, sitting out, etc. I think that is just the luck (bad) of the draw and something we will probably see more of. If owners want to put an end to it, they just have to collectively say "enough is enough, we aren't tearing up contracts anymore."

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree and You gave me an idea on how to slow that down and spread the Love. I would like to see teams have more incentives to reap some benefit if they sign a rookie (including UDFA) and develop him into a superstar. If that player does not resign with an originator team and attains a high end contract elsewhere (e.g. $20M+ guaranteed) then we should see a reward compensation. I’m talking just higher profile players Like Davante, not run of the mill types.
Maybe I'm imagining things but I feel like I've seen something of the sort proposed as it relates to the salary cap, like some sort of cap exemption for a "star" you drafted or something like that. I don't remember the specifics of it at all but I think it's at least been proposed in the past. So like if you draft a Joe Burrow type QB or something then you don't have to worry about him demanding 70 million a year for his second contract or something, lol.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Maybe I'm imagining things but I feel like I've seen something of the sort proposed as it relates to the salary cap, like some sort of cap exemption for a "star" you drafted or something like that.
Yes. I believe there was talk about allowing a team to exempt their highest paid player from the cap. Personally, I hate the idea. What would end up happening, the richest teams would have the best QB's. I think you have to stick with the way the cap is now and not adjust it like other sports do for the wealthier teams.

Reaction score
Yes. I believe there was talk about allowing a team to exempt their highest paid player from the cap. Personally, I hate the idea. What would end up happening, the richest teams would have the best QB's. I think you have to stick with the way the cap is now and not adjust it like other sports do for the wealthier teams.
Yeah. I’m more implying a product setup to deincentivize team skipping by high profile types. Teams should be rewarded better for investing and developing a Superstar on a monetary level. In addition to a comp. Call it a monetary comp to go with the draft comp.

As with #17. Monetary to cover a low level replacement
A 3rd comp (already established if FA) + 1/2 his rookie contract etc..

Plus my Christmas party $$. :tup:

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yeah. I’m more implying a product setup to deincentivize team skipping by high profile types. Teams should be rewarded better for investing and developing a Superstar on a monetary level. In addition to a comp. Call it a monetary comp to go with the draft comp.

As with #17. Monetary to cover a low level replacement
A 3rd comp (already established if FA) + 1/2 his rookie contract etc..

Plus my Christmas party $$. :tup:
LOL @ "Plus my Christmas party $$."

I think the compensatory pick is good enough. Since a team is rewarded based on how big of a contract the player they lost signed. Loose a star player, get a 3rd round pick. Davante gave a lot to the Packers during his time in Green Bay, in exchange for the 2nd round pick and salaries. I don't feel cheated at all. Matter of fact, the Packers got a first and a second rounder by trading him, that is a nice reward. Not to mention not having to shell out $28M/year.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Maybe LeRoy Butler is thinking that the Packers will land Brandin Cooks? Unless they can workout a new contract, they couldn't cover his $13M cap hit. Nor would I give them much in a trade if it's a year rental.

Members online

Latest posts