Abbrederis & Jannis are better than Jones & Adams.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jones should receive more credit than he is getting. the guy made great catches this season considering he isnt our number one receiver.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jones should receive more credit than he is getting. the guy made great catches this season considering he isnt our number one receiver.

Agreed. He did exactly what we hoped we could get from him. He was a street free agent, anyone hoping he was going to be our offensive savior was going to be disappointed.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones exceeded expectations. Dis he play like Randy Moss in his prime? No. But he came in to fill a need, and did his job.

Green and Gold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Abby and Janis can continue to improve during the off season, it'll be interesting what the receiving core looks like next season.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By that logic, Adams should have been dominant all year, since the best CB on the opposing team had Cobb locked up. How did that work out?

If he was capable he should have been dominant but apparently he was not. The guy still has to step up and get the job done. Clearly Adams didn't do that. And I'm not talking about the entire season. I'm talking about 1 game where one of the best DBs in the league shuts down the opponents #1 WR. It happens quite often. The #1 gets shut down but someone else steps up. I've said that Abby and Janis stepped up yesterday but it wasn't anything spectacular and it wasn't anything we haven't seen before from WRs who turn out to be nothing special. We saw it last year with Adams but somehow Abby and Janis are the exception.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree. The only reason we were in this game at all was because of the D. We held the #1 yardage offense and #3 scoring offense to 20 points. They allowed our sluggish offense to gradually build up enough points to make it a game. That said, I don't want to hear any more crap about Abbrederis and Janis not being legitimate players next year. But just you wait and see. Next year it will be Jordy, Cobb, Adams, Montgomery, Jones and another hope for a 6th WR position for Abby or V12 (as Janis was nicknamed by his teammates.) IMO, they should cut Jones, who has clearly lost ground and bump Adams to the bottom of the pecking order. My current hopefuls for our WR corps next year are:

Nelson
Cobb
Montgomery/Janis/Abbrederis (in whatever order shakes out in camp)
We lost because genius Capers went to his goofy zones that only he understands and MM and TT tolerate. I hope hehas the decency to retire.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see Jones back next year. Great 3rd or 4th receiver. And we didn't lose because of Capers. Blown coverage and missed sack. 8 other plays during the game that could have happened to make OT a non issue. But mostly our defense played really well against a top Offense. They are explosive (Arizona).

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Id like to know the conspiracy theory motive for those people talking up Abbederis an Janis as being better than the guys Mike McCarthy chose to play in front of them all year. I mean why would MM go with lesser players? As far as them "showing" anything.....ummmm you do realize "we" put up 20 points, including a pretty "fortunate" couple of plays on the last possession. I'd hardly celebrate that

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We lost because genius Capers went to his goofy zones that only he understands and MM and TT tolerate. I hope hehas the decency to retire.

Is that the same zone that made shields drop the game winning interception? Or the other two he had in his hands earlier in the game? Or made Rodgers throw a ball 3 feet short on fourth down?

If so Capers definitely needs to go.

Crockett&Tubbs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I would take Cobb and Adams over Abbrederis and Janis in a heartbeat. They played great today and hopefully will figure into the offense more effectively going forward, but a player having one good game on his resume doesn't move him up the depth chart.
Cobb yes. Not Adams. In limited time, we have seen Janis do what Adams has never been able to do and that's score deep touchdowns. Janis runs past people, Adams never has. Can anyone point out one bomb pass Adams has had?

And Janis has had other times where he was open for a deep TD and Rodgers underthrew him.
Janis showed last night things that cannot be taught: Speed + Height combo.
Adams is just a guy. He's not quick, not a burner, and oh by the way, drops big passes.

He's my #5 WR next year behind Montgomery & Janis, Jordy & Cobb.

Crockett&Tubbs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is that the same zone that made shields drop the game winning interception? Or the other two he had in his hands earlier in the game? Or made Rodgers throw a ball 3 feet short on fourth down?

Or the same zone that allowed a pass to be deflected and caught for the lucky go-ahead touchdown pass when normally it's either into a defender or falls to the ground.
Or the same zone that had Peppers leave Fitzgerald to go and make sure Carson Palmer didn't turn into RG3 or Marcus Mariota? That was all on Peppers there.... had he played it right, he may have had himself a game-winning Int.
That's why I wanted to be on defense first, I felt Palmer was trying to hand out Jay Cutler like Ints all night long.

He could have had a half-dozen last night if our guys had better hands last night. Shields had a chance at 3.
The tipped pass for the lucky TD2 to Floyd would be an Int half the time.
Peppers should have baited Palmer to throw it to Fitz, instead of running to make sure the old QB didn't run too far.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb yes. Not Adams. In limited time, we have seen Janis do what Adams has never been able to do and that's score deep touchdowns. Janis runs past people, Adams never has. Can anyone point out one bomb pass Adams has had?

And Janis has had other times where he was open for a deep TD and Rodgers underthrew him.
Janis showed last night things that cannot be taught: Speed + Height combo.
Adams is just a guy. He's not quick, not a burner, and oh by the way, drops big passes.

He's my #5 WR next year behind Montgomery & Janis, Jordy & Cobb.
Janis has a knack for big plays and TDs-many of his catches in the preseason were touchdowns, and he averaged over 20 YPC yesterday and over 30 on his limited catches during the season. It is a very, very small sample size, but we have clearly seen his ability to get down the field and his size provide opportunities for this team.

As for Adams, right now I'd put him on the list where you did. Maybe he'll look quicker after a chance to recover during the off-season, but he was slow and outplayed by defenders all year long. I just hope they give Janis and Abbrederis honest shots instead of immediately appointing Adams a starter.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Id like to know the conspiracy theory motive for those people talking up Abbederis an Janis as being better than the guys Mike McCarthy chose to play in front of them all year. I mean why would MM go with lesser players? As far as them "showing" anything.....ummmm you do realize "we" put up 20 points, including a pretty "fortunate" couple of plays on the last possession. I'd hardly celebrate that
What more do you expect from a couple of inexperienced guys in an offense that relies on timing and chemistry between the QB and receivers? Do you really think Adams would have done better than these two?

And that catch and throw at the end was pure talent and effort by Rodgers and Janis. The Best CB in the league was in position to stop it but couldn't.

Last edited:

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What more do you expect from a couple of inexperienced guys in an offense that relies on timing and chemistry between the QB and receivers? Do you really think Adams would have done better than these two?

And that catch and throw at the end was pure talent and effort by Rodgers and Janis. The Best CB in the league was in position to stop it but couldn't.

He was there... not in position. He was in about the worst position possible for that type of throw. You cant let the receiver box you out.

And he's not the best CB in football.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was there... not in position. He was in about the worst position possible for that type of throw. You cant let the receiver box you out.

And he's not the best CB in football.
He didn't get boxed out... He didn't ever have a chance to get in front of Janis because he got there just as the pass did. And thanks for your opinion.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rosgers said he had no idea where anyone was when he threw that ball up there so, Id hardly buy it was any kind of talent based play, it was as the name describes it... A hail mary

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Janis had two amazing catches on that final drive. So sure, based on a sample size of two catches (one of which was a hail Mary), Janis is obviously an amazing receiver. Just like how Rodgers is an amazing receiving TE because he caught a miracle pass this year too. I mean, Rodgers had an amazing receiving year, right? Don't have time to look up the numbers but based only on the Lions game it's one hundred percent guaranteed that Richard Rodgers was one of the top receiving tight ends in the NFL.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has Adams ever had a bigger game than Janis did today? And he had more preparation with a better supporting cast against worst defenses. Janis came up in 3rd down, 4th down, and the final play. He proved more in one game than Adams in 2 seasons, and without them really being able to draw up a game plan to capitalize on his rare athleticism.

The NE game last year and the Dallas game last year were both far more impressive.

The man's had one decent game in large part to a miracle catch catch. Guess R Rodgers should be getting hyped up also for his big game. It's one game. Also his faults were on clear display as his shorty route running also cost GB a TD but let's not focus on that. Let's focus on a couple plays that if they had to run them over again fail 9 times out of 10. And acting like one game confirms anything is silly. Common man your better than that.

Could it be a sign of things to come? Sure. But it's also just as possible it's a flash in the pan.... Samkon Gado anyone?

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NE game last year and the Dallas game last year were both far more impressive.

The man's had one decent game in large part to a miracle catch catch.

Article today on Press Gazette Packers News indicated that Janis and Abbrederis actually had even better games than their stats show. It outlined in great specificity at least a dozen plays after studying game tape where both of them were wide open and Rodgers saw them and decided to throw elsewhere. Something stinks here and I'm getting the feeling a big part of it might have more to do with Rodgers than Janis and Abbrederis. Maybe his loath of throwing interceptions is becoming a fear and it's keeping him from throwing to anyone but his safety nets.

Could it be a sign of things to come? Sure. But it's also just as possible it's a flash in the pan.... Samkon Gado anyone?

That's what I've been thinking about Adams.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's the zone that somehow left out one of football's finest receivers. I blame Campen for AR's bad throws. :(

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why did Barclay play ahead of Tretter?

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People need to stop saying we lost because Cobb and Adams were out. These two WRs are better than maybe everyone but Nelson. Jones, Adams can't even create space to get open. Cobb can only play the slot so these two are better on the outside. These guys playing for once gave us a better shot on offense.
“He’s taken advantage of some opportunities, and he’s just a young man who needs to play,” McCarthy said Saturday after the game. “He’s got a lot of raw ability. He made some huge, huge plays tonight.” - MM on Janis. I wonder what he meant?

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't get boxed out... He didn't ever have a chance to get in front of Janis because he got there just as the pass did. And thanks for your opinion.

WTF are you talking about? Did you watch the play? Do you know what boxing out means? He clearly put his back to Peterson and jumped in front. Thus giving Peterson a worse shot at getting the ball. AKA Boxing out.

Peterson was on the spot 3 second before Janis got there. Don't get wrong Janis jumped in front nicely. But anyone that played 500 on the playground knows that is not the position you want to be in as a defender. Peterson in my estimation had about 2 full seconds to do anything he wanted. He was standing there waiting for the ball.

I guarantee you that if you ask Peterson he would say there is much more he could have done, and completely misplayed the ball.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts