Abbrederis & Jannis are better than Jones & Adams.

Jz3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People need to stop saying we lost because Cobb and Adams were out. These two WRs are better than maybe everyone but Nelson. Jones, Adams can't even create space to get open. Cobb can only play the slot so these two are better on the outside. These guys playing for once gave us a better shot on offense.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People need to stop saying we lost because Cobb and Adams were out. These two WRs are better than maybe everyone but Nelson. Jones, Adams can't even create space to get open. Cobb can only play the slot so these two are better on the outside. These guys playing for once gave us a better shot on offense.
we lost because of D not because of adams and cobbs being out.

OP
OP
J

Jz3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If only we had a coach that would of played them earlier in the season so they could get a little more experience.

OP
OP
J

Jz3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We lost because Capers wasn't fired 5 years ago if were going that route. MM should of been fired 2 years ago.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our D held the highest scoring team in the league to 20 regulation points. We should've scored more. especially on those long drives that ended in field goals.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I would take Cobb and Adams over Abbrederis and Janis in a heartbeat. They played great today and hopefully will figure into the offense more effectively going forward, but a player having one good game on his resume doesn't move him up the depth chart.

OP
OP
J

Jz3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I would take Cobb and Adams over Abbrederis and Janis in a heartbeat. They played great today and hopefully will figure into the offense more effectively going forward, but a player having one good game on his resume doesn't move him up the depth chart.

Cobb is a slot WR. If you take him on the outside then you play to much Madden 16. Adams is a straight up scrub. No idea what blackmail he has on this team. Should of been moved down the depth chart early in the season.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Peterson taking Jones out of the game and AR forced to rely on Janis & Abby the 2 young WR's really stepped up. You could see AR becoming more confident in them and both have a good future in GB. I'd hope TT finds a 5'-10, 180 lb UDFA who runs a 4.3 to bring into camp, but the receiving corps looks really promising with: Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Abby & Janis for 2016.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we lost because of D not because of adams and cobbs being out.
I disagree. The only reason we were in this game at all was because of the D. We held the #1 yardage offense and #3 scoring offense to 20 points. They allowed our sluggish offense to gradually build up enough points to make it a game. That said, I don't want to hear any more crap about Abbrederis and Janis not being legitimate players next year. But just you wait and see. Next year it will be Jordy, Cobb, Adams, Montgomery, Jones and another hope for a 6th WR position for Abby or V12 (as Janis was nicknamed by his teammates.) IMO, they should cut Jones, who has clearly lost ground and bump Adams to the bottom of the pecking order. My current hopefuls for our WR corps next year are:

Nelson
Cobb
Montgomery/Janis/Abbrederis (in whatever order shakes out in camp)

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Peterson taking Jones out of the game and AR forced to rely on Janis & Abby the 2 young WR's really stepped up. You could see AR becoming more confident in them and both have a good future in GB. I'd hope TT finds a 5'-10, 180 lb UDFA who runs a 4.3 to bring into camp, but the receiving corps looks really promising with: Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Abby & Janis for 2016.
Montgomery will be the one who breaks out next year.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree. The only reason we were in this game at all was because of the D. We held the #1 yardage offense and #3 scoring offense to 20 points. They allowed our sluggish offense to gradually build up enough points to make it a game. That said, I don't want to hear any more crap about Abbrederis and Janis not being legitimate players next year. But just you wait and see. Next year it will be Jordy, Cobb, Adams, Montgomery, Jones and another hope for a 6th WR position for Abby or V12 (as Janis was nicknamed by his teammates.) IMO, they should cut Jones, who has clearly lost ground and bump Adams to the bottom of the pecking order. My current hopefuls for our WR corps next year are:

Nelson
Cobb
Montgomery/Janis/Abbrederis (in whatever order shakes out in camp)

Hard to cut a guy who isn't under contract for next season.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm actually getting sick and tired of hearing about how young WRs have to "earn" Rodgers's trust. I think it's a load of bull. How can he continue to trust Adams? Why did Montgomery not have to spend a year and a half "earning" his trust? It's a two-way street and at some point Rodgers has to simply have FAITH in his receivers. When he was finally forced to do so, guess what? We all learned that they both have game! And in particular it seems that Janis might just be one of those clutch guys every team needs. That's the biggest element of Jordy's game we missed all season. Some guys just raise their game when that sense of urgency sets in. Jones and Cobb aren't really like that. Adams definitely isn't.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Montgomery will be the one who breaks out next year.
Damn, I completely forgot about Monty! 2016 depth chart, IMHO, looks like: Nelson, Cobb, Monty, Abby, Janis & Adams. Adams will need to fight to make this roster, but maybe starting him in position #6 will make him fight?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has Adams ever had a bigger game than Janis did today? And he had more preparation with a better supporting cast against worst defenses. Janis came up in 3rd down, 4th down, and the final play. He proved more in one game than Adams in 2 seasons, and without them really being able to draw up a game plan to capitalize on his rare athleticism.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has Adams ever had a bigger game than Janis did today? And he had more preparation with a better supporting cast against worst defenses. Janis came up in 3rd down, 4th down, and the final play. He proved more in one game than Adams in 2 seasons, and without them really being able to draw up a game plan to capitalize on his rare athleticism.

Adams showed me this year that he is Boykin 2.0. The only reason he had so much PT is because Jordy and Monty were lost. If both of those guys had been here, Adams would have been lucky to have 15 catches. Monty was about to climb past him on the depth chart when he got his ankle rolled.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cowboys playoff game last season rivaled this game. I believe in Davante. He was sadly hit with the sophomore slump.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Playoff game against the cowboys last year. Regular season against the Patriots last year.

Janis has one good game and he is a savior. I'm not going to go back and look but I'm guessing a good many of you on the "cut Adams promote Janis" bandwagon were touting Adams just as highly last season. If anything it should have taught you to temper your expectations but I guess not. You'll go for the next flash in the pan WR and the one after that and the one after that.

Once Cobb went down we essentially had 2 WRs for the game assuming Peterson was going to lock down Jones. How can your only two WRs not put up good numbers. Granted they played very well and made some very good, even some great, plays but they weren't any better than any number of young WRs in the past. They have earned their right to stick around and show what they can do but I am not going to say we are any more stacked at the WR position than we were prior to Nelson going down. Actually I never thought we were stacked at the position with no one proven after Nelson and Cobb. In fact I think we are in pretty much the same boat. Assuming Nelson comes back strong I think we have two proven WRs in Nelson and Cobb (though Cobb's play this year has even brought up questions there and we don't know how well Nelson will return.) Adams has certainly not progressed and has possibly even regressed so he is a big question mark. Montgomery has shown flashes similar to what Adams did last year and Abby and Janis now have 1 solid game each which IMO still makes them huge question marks as well. In fact the most reliable WR on our team this season and the one who would give us a third proven veteran may not even be back next year.

I may be a tad bit more optimistic with our receivers going into next year because I like Montgomery even more than I did Adams last year and based on the 1 game each from Abby and Janis (if only because they had nothing last year) but its still a position that has me worried. I know people like Abby and Janis and they will use this one game as "proof" that they are big time NFL caliber receivers thus will make for a incredible WR group next season but as far as I am concerned we still have two (assuming we let Jones walk) proven veterans and a bunch of talented potential. Exactly the same as last year.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playoff game against the cowboys last year. Regular season against the Patriots last year.

Janis has one good game and he is a savior. I'm not going to go back and look but I'm guessing a good many of you on the "cut Adams promote Janis" bandwagon were touting Adams just as highly last season. If anything it should have taught you to temper your expectations but I guess not. You'll go for the next flash in the pan WR and the one after that and the one after that.

Once Cobb went down we essentially had 2 WRs for the game assuming Peterson was going to lock down Jones. How can your only two WRs not put up good numbers. Granted they played very well and made some very good, even some great, plays but they weren't any better than any number of young WRs in the past. They have earned their right to stick around and show what they can do but I am not going to say we are any more stacked at the WR position than we were prior to Nelson going down. Actually I never thought we were stacked at the position with no one proven after Nelson and Cobb. In fact I think we are in pretty much the same boat. Assuming Nelson comes back strong I think we have two proven WRs in Nelson and Cobb (though Cobb's play this year has even brought up questions there and we don't know how well Nelson will return.) Adams has certainly not progressed and has possibly even regressed so he is a big question mark. Montgomery has shown flashes similar to what Adams did last year and Abby and Janis now have 1 solid game each which IMO still makes them huge question marks as well. In fact the most reliable WR on our team this season and the one who would give us a third proven veteran may not even be back next year.

I may be a tad bit more optimistic with our receivers going into next year because I like Montgomery even more than I did Adams last year and based on the 1 game each from Abby and Janis (if only because they had nothing last year) but its still a position that has me worried. I know people like Abby and Janis and they will use this one game as "proof" that they are big time NFL caliber receivers thus will make for a incredible WR group next season but as far as I am concerned we still have two (assuming we let Jones walk) proven veterans and a bunch of talented potential. Exactly the same as last year.
By that logic, Adams should have been dominant all year, since the best CB on the opposing team had Cobb locked up. How did that work out?

Members online

Latest posts