Aaron Rodgers

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Joined
Dec 12, 2004
Messages
11,903
Reaction score
4
Location
Green Bay, WI
porky88 said:
The teams future is now tied to Aaron Rodgers.
How do you see the future? I mean, do you see it bright or dark?



I think Aarond Rodgers is a good Quarterback in the words that he won't WIN games, but in the same thought he won't LOSE games either. Although I think he'll help WIN more than he will contribute to LOSING games. He comes off as a pretty head strong player and with more repitutions I think he will get better and better. Afterall the west coast offense is to make a start out of the quarterback, right?
 

Lare

Cheesehead
Joined
Jan 17, 2005
Messages
705
Reaction score
0
Location
Packwalking, WI
IMO. Rodgers has a whole lot of cards stacked against him in this deck.

He's following someone who is a legend and many people's idol. No matter what he does he'll never be able to meet the expectations of those people and will forever be compared to Favre. In fact, some people will probably attack him even harder if he is successful just for that reason.

I'm guessing he'll also suffer from a letdown from his teammates whenever he plays, as expectations on everyone will be less once Favre's not in there.

He's also going to be coming in during a low point in our offensive talent level. We currently have questions on the OL, at WR and at RB. We may not also have the best ST's at this point that could help bail out a poor offensive series here and there. Not a great situation for a young QB.

I don't know if Rodghers will be good or bad in Green Bay, but if he does have a successful career here he deserves every award he can get.
 

porky88

Cheesehead
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
3,991
Reaction score
0
Location
Title Town
I am not a Rodgers fan. I think he has a lot of work and Favre coming back is a huge boost for him. This year is going to be the year where he needs to show signs of a good game manager. He'll never be that game changer like Favre but we have the money and the young core of players to give him weapons for the future which should make him better. At best let's hope for a Brad Johnson and at worse I think you got Kyle Boller. I think he's more Boller personally but it's really too early to tell.
 

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Joined
May 31, 2005
Messages
2,391
Reaction score
0
I agree, Rodgers will be stepping into the shoes of Brett and he will never be given a fair shake. Hell, you'll get 5 guys responding to this saying he will be terrible, though he has yet to start an NFL Game.


Sadly, I see Rodgers being traded away after a few years. I think the O-line will struggle for a few years and I can see Green, Gado, and Davenport all moving on in the near future.


It will be a rough road the next few years and it will unfairly be pinned on A-Rod......God I hope I'm wrong!
 
OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Joined
Dec 12, 2004
Messages
11,903
Reaction score
4
Location
Green Bay, WI
pyledriver80 said:
Sadly, I see Rodgers being traded away after a few years. I think the O-line will struggle for a few years and I can see Green, Gado, and Davenport all moving on in the near future.

Rodgers being traded? Hmm. That would be interesting. I wonder what the fan reaction would be to that and what we'd get in return. I could definetely see it happening if one of our 'project' QB's comes out of nowhere.


I think Green retires a Packer.
I think Davenport moves on.
I think Gado remains a Packer for 3-5 more years, IF he gets a good grasp of the zone blocking this year. If he does not get a good grasp, he'll be gone.
 

longtimefan

Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
25,383
Reaction score
4,105
Location
Milwaukee
Here is a question...

If a game is out of hand losing or winning for the Pack during the seaosn, will MM pull Brett to let A.R get some time?
 

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Joined
Apr 27, 2006
Messages
138
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
longtimefan said:
Here is a question...

If a game is out of hand losing or winning for the Pack during the seaosn, will MM pull Brett to let A.R get some time?


I dont think he is going in if we are losing. I think A-rod will go in when we just kick the **** out of the Vikings (or any other team we play) and he'll get some garbage time.
 

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Joined
Mar 17, 2006
Messages
706
Reaction score
0
Location
Oregon
Lare said:
IMO. Rodgers has a whole lot of cards stacked against him in this deck.

He's following someone who is a legend and many people's idol. No matter what he does he'll never be able to meet the expectations of those people and will forever be compared to Favre. In fact, some people will probably attack him even harder if he is successful just for that reason.

I'm guessing he'll also suffer from a letdown from his teammates whenever he plays, as expectations on everyone will be less once Favre's not in there.

He's also going to be coming in during a low point in our offensive talent level. We currently have questions on the OL, at WR and at RB. We may not also have the best ST's at this point that could help bail out a poor offensive series here and there. Not a great situation for a young QB.

I don't know if Rodghers will be good or bad in Green Bay, but if he does have a successful career here he deserves every award he can get.

Excellent post Lare. He'll have the same cards stacked against him that Brian Griese dealt with in Denver and Jay Fiedler had in Miami. It doesn't necessarily mean he can't overcome that situation though. Steve Young is a prime example of a team losing one of the best QB's to ever play the game(Montana) and replacing him with talent that was on the same level once it clicked while most of the 49er fans thought it was impossible. Rodgers could turn out to be great maybe even greater than Favre(I know I'm going to get ripped for this) only time will tell. Don't count him out just yet. People tend to give up on a certain player because he has big shoes to fill, but just imagine staying with him just long enough to fill them, good things happen, good things. I'm hoping my loyalty to the Bears biggest "?" ever(Grossman) pans out and I think it just might this season, time will tell.
 

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
2,413
Reaction score
0
Location
illinois
from someone who really likes favre, i know this season is it for him. i am intelligent enough to understand that it is time for a new era & at this point, it looks like rodgers is going to be the guy. this sort of (slightly) reminds me of when majic went down & favre comes running on the field. i honestly remember slapping myself on the forehead & thinkin "oh ***** - here we go - this is gonna be bad!" i LOVED majic & thought HE was the bright future of the packers - could i have been any MORE wrong??? rodgers deserves a chance - a FAIR shake from everyone.
 
OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Joined
Dec 12, 2004
Messages
11,903
Reaction score
4
Location
Green Bay, WI
4packgirl said:
from someone who really likes favre, i know this season is it for him. i am intelligent enough to understand that it is time for a new era & at this point, it looks like rodgers is going to be the guy. this sort of (slightly) reminds me of when majic went down & favre comes running on the field. i honestly remember slapping myself on the forehead & thinkin "oh ***** - here we go - this is gonna be bad!" i LOVED majic & thought HE was the bright future of the packers - could i have been any MORE wrong??? rodgers deserves a chance - a FAIR shake from everyone.

You know this is his last season? How? Because I know this is not his last season and I'm far smarter than some internet girlie! :p heh jk, but seriously Brett is playing one year after this.
 

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Joined
May 6, 2006
Messages
989
Reaction score
0
Location
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
When we first drafted Rodgers I was pissed. I wanted a player probably on defense that could make some impact last year, because I knew that we were not in that good of shape last year. So basically all of ast year I was pissed at him and didn't really like him.

But this offseason I have been warming up to him. He was being considered for the number one pick in the 2005 draft so he has talent and now he is going to have two (hopefully 3) years to study unde Brett Favre. The Kyle Boller comparison is not fair. Boller started 25 games in his first two seasons A-rod hopefully will start none. The reasosn a lot of these new first round pick QB's are busts are because they are being thown into the fire as a rookie. In the old days QB's had 2-3 years to develope, and learn the system, and A-rod is going to get that giving him an advantage over Boller or Harrington.
 

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Joined
Sep 18, 2005
Messages
617
Reaction score
0
I'm just hoping he is used like Ben Roethlisberger, where he isn't expected to come in and air the ball out right away. Focus on the running game and ease him in with shorter passes and build his confidence, not start him off throwing 30-40 times a game. As long as he can manage the game alright and not cause a ton of turnovers he should be fine. If Kyle Orton can do it, I'm pretty sure Aaron Rodgers can do it better.
 

cheesey

Cheesehead
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
1,000
Reaction score
3
Location
Wisconsin
Zero2Cool said:
porky88 said:
The teams future is now tied to Aaron Rodgers.
How do you see the future? I mean, do you see it bright or dark?



I think Aarond Rodgers is a good Quarterback in the words that he won't WIN games, but in the same thought he won't LOSE games either.

Zero........do you mean that every game Rodgers starts will end in a tie??? :wink: (Just messin' witcha!) 8) :lol:
 
OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Joined
Dec 12, 2004
Messages
11,903
Reaction score
4
Location
Green Bay, WI
cheesey said:
Zero........do you mean that every game Rodgers starts will end in a tie??? :wink: (Just messin' witcha!) 8) :lol:

Fair question. I know you're messing but...

I don't think it'll be a tie. I don't think Rodgers is a game breaker. I don't think he's bad in the sense he's going to lose games for us, but in the same thought process I don't think he's good enough to win games for us. I think winning/losing will be determined on the rest of the teams play.

Although with that said I do believe the chance him helping win a game is greater than the chance of his being the reason we lose a game.
 

cheesey

Cheesehead
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
1,000
Reaction score
3
Location
Wisconsin
4packgirl said:
from someone who really likes favre, i know this season is it for him. i am intelligent enough to understand that it is time for a new era & at this point, it looks like rodgers is going to be the guy. this sort of (slightly) reminds me of when majic went down & favre comes running on the field. i honestly remember slapping myself on the forehead & thinkin "oh ***** - here we go - this is gonna be bad!" i LOVED majic & thought HE was the bright future of the packers - could i have been any MORE wrong??? rodgers deserves a chance - a FAIR shake from everyone.

I was the SAME way! Remember? I was slappin' you on da forehead too! LOLOL!!! Seriously, i was thinking the same thing, WHO in the HECK is this Fav-Ray guy??? He can't replace MAJIC!!!
But who can blame us? We waited ALL those years, and FINALLY had 1989, which made us happy and proud to be Packer fans again! The sad part was 10-6 wasn't good enough to make the playoffs that year. It would have been something to see what they would have done that year had they made the playoffs.
I think Rodgers will be OK. And what SuperRat says makes sense. If they don't "throw him to the wolves" right away, he will be alright.
It's NEVER easy for a guy to have to follow a legend. Phil Bengston following Lombardi, every Packer QB that followed Bart Starr.........so it will be a challege for sure.
 

porky88

Cheesehead
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
3,991
Reaction score
0
Location
Title Town
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:
Sadly, I see Rodgers being traded away after a few years. I think the O-line will struggle for a few years and I can see Green, Gado, and Davenport all moving on in the near future.

Rodgers being traded? Hmm. That would be interesting. I wonder what the fan reaction would be to that and what we'd get in return. I could definetely see it happening if one of our 'project' QB's comes out of nowhere.


I think Green retires a Packer.
I think Davenport moves on.
I think Gado remains a Packer for 3-5 more years, IF he gets a good grasp of the zone blocking this year. If he does not get a good grasp, he'll be gone.

I think Green moves on for sure after this year. Gado I think we keep for a while especially if he develops. Davenport is the wild card. If he plays well this year, I think TT will sign him long term as Henderson's replacement at FB and as our power back.
 

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Joined
Jul 18, 2005
Messages
1,868
Reaction score
2
Location
Portland, OR Local Packer Fans P.M me.
Young Arron would have a greater chance if Brett took him under his wing and actually helped the kid. That is never going to happen though.

Brett is not going to do that, and Brett already said that helping young Arron is not part of his job discription. (Is that a very selfish attitude?)

I think the kid will be good one day, but it will not be from personal develpment by the Packer organization. Aaron will not have the opportunity to have snaps in a real game as long as Brett is hanging in.

I would say the kid was drafted by the worse team he could be drafted by for his development. No opportunity in game situations... No support or help from a Hall of Fame QB., and no support from the fan base, based on the fact he is not Brett.

I feel sorry for the kid, and I find Brett sort of selfish in not taking a effort to work with him for the sake of the future of the Packers and thier fans.

Brett said it himself... It is not my job.

No Brett... It is not you job based on the wording of your contract. But it might be a good thing to do for the organization that has treated you like a God, and given you the opportunity to have everything you have today.

It might be a good idea Brett to do the right thing and be a team player and make the team better with a little bit of help, with 20 minutes a day to pull the kid aside and say let's work on this for the future success ot this great organization.

Doubt it will happen.

It is not in Brett to do that.

RP
 

PWT36

Cheesehead
Joined
Apr 16, 2005
Messages
895
Reaction score
0
Location
De pere, Wi.
Raider pride--Your whole premise and opinion in your posting concerning Brett Farve an Aaron Rodgers. is incorrect. Aparently the facts never got to you in LV.

How do you know there is no support for Aaron Rodgers from Packer fan base? Does most of your Packer information comes from your computor and opinions of posters who post on Packer forums? How many knowledgeable Packer fans do you know personally?. We have many Packer fans here in Green Bay who have followed the Green Bay Packers and the NFL for many, many years. The Green Bay Packers have been in the NFL since 1921. We know all about young NFL QBs following great veteran QBs in the NFL.

I have seen it happen many times during the about 60 years I have followed pro football.



Many QBs have been developed here in Green Bay over the last 14 years. Hasselback over at Seattle, Burnell at Jacksonville now at Washington. Brooks who was at New Orleans. Has any of these QBs ever said anything negative about Brett Favre . To contrary, I think you would find out , that being here in GB helped them in their careers.

As far as Green Bay thinking Farve" is a god", that is silly. We here in Green Bay know he is not perfect. There is no perfect human being, Favre is human. I remember his early years of learning his QB trade. There were many rough times. in the early years of Favre's career and also last year.






In my opinion Farve being a son of a career coach, feels the Packer coaching Staff should coach. Brett feels Rodgers should get his instructions from one source, the Packer Coaching staff. He however if asked by Rodgers will answer the young QB questions.

Aaron Rodgers received a lot of instruction in the off season when he went to a QB School held by Packer head Coach Mike McCarthy. Thjis became very necessary when the Packers did not know if Favre was coming back or retiring . And Packers are going to have a new offense this year. New packer head Coach Mc Carthy has a lots of experience at coaching QBs through the years. He was NFL QB coach for many years.

There is no problem between Favre and Rodgers. Rodgers is developing as a NFL QB, but nobody will really know how good he is going to be until he becomes the starting Packer Quarter back and gets a chance to play some real NFL football games for a few years.

Will Aaron Rodgers be a average ,good, great QB here in Green Bay or a bust? Only the future will tell!!
 

longtimefan

Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
25,383
Reaction score
4,105
Location
Milwaukee
Raider Pride said:
Young Arron would have a greater chance if Brett took him under his wing and actually helped the kid. That is never going to happen though.

Brett is not going to do that, and Brett already said that helping young Arron is not part of his job discription. (Is that a very selfish attitude?)


RP
I think lot of people assumed that..but look at this..

Selfish attitude?? I think not..

http://www.packersnews.com/topics/train ... 4702.shtml

As a rookie, Aaron Rodgers is in the rare and enviable situation of being able to learn from a future Hall of Famer.

So when Rodgers watches Brett Favre in training camp and has a question, he’s more than willing to ask it.

And Favre is more than happy to answer.


In a recent ESPN interview, Favre said “he wasn’t being paid to coachâ€
 

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 1, 2005
Messages
2,856
Reaction score
0
Location
Marquette, Michigan
I thought from the beginning that Favre's comments about it not being his job to teach Rodgers were not that big a deal. I think it was more a case of him getting testy with the media, because it can get annoying being asked repeated questions about the guy who is expected to replace you. Everything I've ever heard about Favre as a teammate has been positive.
 

DePack

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
3,904
Reaction score
1
Location
Newark, Delaware
RP....your post shocks me. I've read your postings for years and you have always been fair, until now. Rodgers will learn more from Brett than most Qbs would ever learn from a veteran. Forget about one quote that the press got ahold of and took off with. Look at what is actually happening and listen to the players involved. It ISN'T Brett's job to teach him. He is not going to adjust his grip or his release point. He can't improve his footwork. He can't go through his progressions for him. He can answer questions, give him pointers and show him by example what to do and sadly, what not to do. It seems to me that that is happening.

A few weeks ago you ripped a poster for speculating on Woodson. You are doing the same thing here.
 

Members online

Latest posts

Top