Aaron Rodgers watch.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Most of his personal issues coupled with an unforgiving, stubborn "i am always right" smug (arrogant) attitude, paints a rather gloom picture ...

Even those teammates who stated Rodgers was a Leader, still said alot of things "between the Lines" though ...

I'm not saying that it is all true what the Bleacher report is saying, however, even if only a faction is true - it paints a real bad picture of No 12 ...

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
another roommate of his and guest at that wedding he ditched out on confirmed some of it tonight....if a twitter account can be trusted.

Sky King

Reaction score
His Grandfather passed away this past May. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ukiahdailyjournal/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=180180654

He had no football reason that would have prevented him from honoring his Grandfather by being in attendance at the funeral - not that he would have had a good reason to avoid his duty to his family. The Packers are very accommodating when it comes to personal issues of this nature.

Frankly, I'm disappointed with Rodgers. It's not likely that his entire family is in the wrong and that he is the only one that is in the right. He's a changed man and apparently not for the better. He'll only be a football player for a few more years. He'll be Aaron Rodgers for the rest of his life.

D

Deleted member 6794

Its basically suggesting what some of us have been saying for years; Rodgers isn't a "born Leader" ... the article though suggests and portrays a somewhat divided lockerroom ...

I don't buy the locker room being divided after seeing teammates going after Cox when he tackled Rodgers late on his touchdown run.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Viper556

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If true, sounds like he's become an arrogant *********. I hope that's not the case, but it would certainly explain his performance. If it is true, probably the best thing the Packers could do is trade him while he still has some value.

However, I think it's wise to reserve judgement without first hand knowledge or exceptionally good evidence. I hope AR can turn things around with his play on the field...

mongoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Citing a source who 'was close to Rodgers for years but is among the many who have since been cut off by Rodgers entirely,'Dunne outlines just how bad things are:

• Immediate family members don’t have his cell phone number;
  • His parents sent Christmas gifts to Rodgers and his girlfriend in 2014, only to see them mailed back two months later;
  • Rodgers told his family they are no longer welcome in Green Bay;
  • He backed out of serving as a groomsmen for one of his closest friends the day before the wedding;
  • He did not attend the funeral of the grandfather he used to call before every game;
  • He fired his business manager, whom he’s known since high school.
As Dunne notes, it’s certainly possible there’s another side to this story (Rodgers declined to be interviewed), a reason why the quarterback has behaved this way.

But the source believes Rodgers’ alienation of his family is why he’s playing so poorly."

Since datng that GF of his?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is idiotic beyond belief. Using a bunch of he said, she said about his personal relationships to piece together an explanation for his part is ridiculous. These are grown men, all with their own lives and personal relationships, many of whom carry far more baggage and personal disputes in their own lives than Rodgers does.

Rodgers is playing poorly by his standards, but it's been well documented that the play designs are doing the receivers no favors and they typically aren't open unless there is busted coverage, the TE is useless, and the RB situation is a joke. Even if he were to complete a pass to every open receiver, and in games like the Chicago one, things look much more difficult than they should, and you can tell there is a lack of athleticism on this offense.

D

Deleted member 6794

http://terezowens.com/the-inside-scoop-on-aaron-rodgers-family-drama/?utm_source=tr.im&utm_medium=t.co&utm_campaign=tr.im/1rZYH&utm_content=link_click

It's all right there. This is from over the summer but its the same stuff that we are hearing from more credibly accepted sources. Read that...look at the timelines and its pretty hard to convince yourself that its not what is happening. I am convinced we will never see the MVP Rodgers until he gets this all resolved.

I really don't believe Terez Owens should be considered a credible source.

Reaction score
"Citing a source who 'was close to Rodgers for years but is among the many who have since been cut off by Rodgers entirely,'Dunne outlines just how bad things are:

• Immediate family members don’t have his cell phone number;
  • His parents sent Christmas gifts to Rodgers and his girlfriend in 2014, only to see them mailed back two months later;
  • Rodgers told his family they are no longer welcome in Green Bay;
  • He backed out of serving as a groomsmen for one of his closest friends the day before the wedding;
  • He did not attend the funeral of the grandfather he used to call before every game;
  • He fired his business manager, whom he’s known since high school.
As Dunne notes, it’s certainly possible there’s another side to this story (Rodgers declined to be interviewed), a reason why the quarterback has behaved this way.

But the source believes Rodgers’ alienation of his family is why he’s playing so poorly."

Since datng that GF of his?
I have no reason to defend Aaron anymore than anyone else. Even so, I'm quite certain there is just as much embellishment as well to fulfill the sensationalism they only the modern day media can achieve.
Maybe it's just as simple as Aaron is having an off year in 2016
20th in completion %
13th in passing yards
15th in passer rating %
3rd in Passing TDs
2nd behind only Drew Bree's all purpose TDs of 27 (vs 26)
3rd in QB rushing TDs
5th in QB rushing yardage
He also bolsters a 22 TD to 7 INT ratio and is on pace to throw roughly
40TDs and 13INT
If this is poor performance (and laughably it is poor for Aaron Rodgers) I'm wondering what he'd look like if he started playing good and his Defense started holding teams under 20 pts/game

Sky King

Reaction score
Tyler Dunne still has contacts close to GB. One cannot discount what his peers have been discussing with him behind the scenes over the past several years. Even before this latest barrage of revelations began pouring out of the media Butler & Silverstein, too, had made very subtle references to AR's personal problems affecting his performance during more than one of their podcasts.

One thing is for sure though, Rodgers is a lesser player than he once was. Unfortunately (and more importantly), he may also be a lesser man than he once had been. He certainly seems to be avoiding people who are familiar with the "old" Aaron. Shunning his Granfather's funeral is stunningly disrespectful and insensitive to all those who loved the late fellow, especially to AR's Mom. Shame!

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what I'm concerned about. Unless it was a money thing, which it doesn't sound like it is, how do you cut off family like that?

Could be as simple as the family (or Olivia) saying 'me or them' or 'her or us'. Sure wouldn't be the first time a family or significant other threw down that gauntlet.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tyler Dunne still has contacts close to GB. One cannot discount what his peers have been discussing with him behind the scenes over the past several years. Even before this latest barrage of revelations began pouring out of the media Butler & Silverstein, too, had made very subtle references to AR's personal problems affecting his performance during more than one of their podcasts.

One thing is for sure though, Rodgers is a lesser player than he once was. Unfortunately (and more importantly), he may also be a lesser man than he once had been. He certainly seems to be avoiding people who are familiar with the "old" Aaron. Shunning his Granfather's funeral is stunningly disrespectful and insensitive to all those who loved the late fellow, especially to AR's Mom. Shame!
I wasn't aware this forum had so many gossiping middle aged women. How about we leave his personal life out of it? The only reason anyone of you care is because he can throw a football.

I've heard his brother Jordan on local ESPN radio, and the guy is a complete tool. Arrogant, privileged private school kid who is milking his namesake for every bit it's worth, and airing the family's dirty laundry for all to hear. You know it's got to pain AR to hear all of these idiots attack him on a personal level.

Maybe we should all accept that we're all human and don't always handle things as we should, but there's also two sides to every story. I think it's just as likely that this is the case and Aaron is taking the high road and keeping private matters private.

Sky King

Reaction score
I wasn't aware this forum had so many gossiping middle aged women. How about we leave his personal life out of it? The only reason anyone of you care is because he can throw a football.

I've heard his brother Jordan on local ESPN radio, and the guy is a complete tool. Arrogant, privileged private school kid who is milking his namesake for every bit it's worth, and airing the family's dirty laundry for all to hear. You know it's got to pain AR to hear all of these idiots attack him on a personal level.

Maybe we should all accept that we're all human and don't always handle things as we should, but there's also two sides to every story. I think it's just as likely that this is the case and Aaron is taking the high road and keeping private matters private.
Pot meet kettle.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pot meet kettle.
I'm not inferring Jordan is a tool based on some third party accounts of his behavior, but because I've listened to him and can attest to the fact that he's a complete and utter ******. The reference to Aaron on the reality show is just the icing on the ****** cake.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one but Rodgers and his family knows what's going on for sure. We certainly don't know both sides of the story. With that being said, however, it's becoming increasingly obvious that Rodgers is a divisive individual. He has been called out by teammates and ex-teammates numerous times, and the rumblings about his personal life seem to fall in line with that assessment. Like I said, none of us know the full story, but it doesn't reflect well upon Rodgers at all, particularly the part about skipping his grandfather's funeral.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I have no reason to defend Aaron anymore than anyone else. Even so, I'm quite certain there is just as much embellishment as well to fulfill the sensationalism they only the modern day media can achieve.
20th in completion %
13th in passing yards
15th in passer rating %
3rd in Passing TDs
3rd in QB rushing TDs
40TDs and 13INT
If this is poor performance (and laughably it is poor for Aaron Rodgers) I'm wondering what he'd look like if he started playing good and his Defense started holding teams under 20 pts/game

Rodgers Numbers would have been super impressive 10-15 years ago ... in todays nfl ... not so much if you look across the board ...

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/b...ckers-2016-season-beware-of-big-round-numbers

Read the article - its actually quite informative ...

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't buy the locker room being divided after seeing teammates going after Cox when he tackled Rodgers late on his touchdown run.
I agree. Furthermore, even guys that might be perfectly honest when they say that Rodgers isn't a perfect leader may still have great respect for his abilities, and may even like him personally. People should stop thinking that all these players are so simple minded that they can't see the faults in someone without still having great respect for them.

Wildcatk23

Repeat?
Reaction score
20th in completion %
13th in passing yards
15th in passer rating %
3rd in Passing TDs
3rd in QB rushing TDs
40TDs and 13INT

These numbers are skewed . A lot of these tds and qb runs are when the game is out of reach and we go into LETS PLAY AWESOME WHEN WE ARE DOWN 20 MODE.

Sky King

Reaction score
It's interesting that a football game can affect fans so deeply that they'll get angry and depressed, even letting it affect their demeanor around members of their families. We've read those posts from those who have admitted that their foul demeanor has lasted days, even though they have absolutely no control over what happens in those games.

Yet, conversely when private lives may affect the games played (by the people who actually do play those games) some posters get offended and want such discussions to be off-limits, at least when it comes to a certain sacrosanct individual. Except that we have discussed the personal lives of Guion, Ray Rice, Michael Vick, and Brett Favre, and many others on this board in great length. There seems to be more than enough precedent for that. If anyone has actively participated in those discussions - but now finds any discussion regarding Rodgers' personal life to be affecting his game to be inappropriate - then welcome to the world of hypocrisy.

The current starting QB for the Packers should not be immune from such discussions. Connect the dots. We have learned that his game performances had declined since about the time his personal problems began to surface. Coincidence? Perhaps. However, that "coincidence" makes any discussion regarding his game performances fair game for discussion.

Maybe, just maybe his failures on the field are not exclusively the fault of his receivers, play-callers, coaches, injuries to his linemen, and a GM committed to draft and develop. Far more important men than football players have been undone by their egos.

D

Deleted member 6794

These numbers are skewed . A lot of these tds and qb runs are when the game is out of reach and we go into LETS PLAY AWESOME WHEN WE ARE DOWN 20 MODE.

Rodgers has actually thrown only six touchdown passes but four interveptions with the Packers trailing by more than a score.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers actually has played pretty well. The fact that the defense has been horrid and we lost some games has overshadowed that. He played great against ATL, played very good against Indy and Tenn. if defense could stop ppl we win those games. It's hard as a qb when you have to basically try to carry the offense, and help your defense by keeping them on the sidelines idc who you are.

Staff online

Latest posts