Aaron Rodgers watch.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
True, but that doesn't change the fact that it's possible to overcome losing the starting quarterback. The Patriots bein another example so far this season.
Agree that it is possible, as most things are, but not probable in most situations.

Reaction score
Injuries are a part of the game and IMO, just too easy of an excuse sometimes for poor play by a team. The good teams overcome injuries, because they have depth. Vikings and Patriots can attest to that.

The Packers secondary played just fine for most of the first half against Detroit, despite the injuries to Shields and Burnett. This wasn't the case in the second half. Yes, injuries can be a part of a drop off in play, but should not be the excuse to explain the mistakes that Randall (opening day starter) has been making. Nor should it be the constant excuse like it was last year for some with Jordy's injury and the dysfunctional Packer offense.

If your team doesn't have back-ups that can step in and play at or near the level of the starters, then you haven't built a strong 53 man roster. Maybe this could be the achilles heel of a team as young as the Packers?
Yeah, every team succumbs to injuries but it's the great teams like the 2010 Packers that can roll into the playoffs with their depth and not skip a beat.
I guess I'm guilty also of using the injury excuse sometimes. I also think getting the rookies in there and getting game experience early in the season is invaluable for them in January and might even trump an early season W occasionally.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and rightfully so...not so sure about this...he is not the player he once was...he has to prove himself....Brady has done it time and time again.

Sky King

Reaction score
So McGinn doesn't want his sideline and press box passes anymore?
Neither does Leroy Butler. In his latest "5 Questions" video segment he also states that something has not been right with Aaron Rodgers. He does not elaborate in detail the way McGinn has done but he makes the point clearly.

The elephant has been in the room for the past 16 games in a row. People are now starting to comment on this phenomenon out loud because this is way too long for a slump, especially for Rodgers. The statistics he's recorded over that span help to emphasize the reality of his apparent demise.

Personally, I want to believe that his last 16 performances are not an indicator of what to anticipate from his play in the future. But every additional game where he continues to play to this new normal is not helping to reinforce that belief.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and rightfully so...not so sure about this...he is not the player he once was...he has to prove himself....Brady has done it time and time again.

I definitely used to think Rodgers was on Brady's level. Dunno what the heck I was smoking...

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Rodgers is downright horrible. Wow. Twice he missed TD throws. Four throws were behind an open receiver. The rare occurrence that he puts the ball on the receiver's numbers today, Adams drops it. Doh!

Unless Rodgers shakes this year long slump, his punched ticket to the HOF will start to look dated.

H

HardRightEdge

Girls or a certain girl. Saps the man juice. weak legs, loss of base, poor stability for throws.
Joking aside, his footwork is off. He's not driving the ball when he has time to throw. Nobody throws with more velocity off the back foot than Rodgers, but the accuracy suffers. But it's not all on him. You don't expect guys to make every tough catch, but you expect some.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has gone bad, and I mean very bad. This aint no MVP QB anymore.... I don't know or will not conjecture as to what did it, but he is bad. Could he come back down the road with a 2007 Brett Favre year? Maybe, but right now, he's out of the elite QB list.

This is not an MM or a TT thing, this is on Aaron and he owns this offense's mess.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is squandering Ted's, Mike's and Dom's talents and wasting their prime years!

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never seen an elite QB fall off so rapidly as Rodgers.

This is the most damning statement from the McGinn article:

"Also, can people please stop calling Rodgers a lock for the Pro Football Hall of Fame?"

Rodgers reminds me of Kurt Warner, another QB who had a couple of the greatest seasons in NFL history. After that, Warner didn't really do much for several years. He did make it back to the Super Bowl late in his career, which I don't think will happen for Rodgers under MM. But Warner hasn't been able to make it into the HOF, so it's definitely not a lock that Rodgers will either.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well guys here's an interesting nugget,

Phil Simms relayed this nugget on Rodgers back in 2014: “He said something that was unique — ‘I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do, and see if the officials take the air out of it,’ because he thinks it’s easier for him to grip. He likes ’em tight. Of course he’s got very big hands.”

Well, later that year, “DeflateGate” became a scandal, and as a result, the NFL started paying much closer attention to the PSI levels in footballs.

And since then, Rodgers has experienced a steep drop-off.

He completed just 60.7 percent of his passes last year, by far his lowest mark in any season in which he’s been the starter. Prior to last year, his lowest completion percentage was 63.6 percent in 2008, his first year as a starter.

He threw for 3,821 yards, which was his lowest total in a 16-game seasonof his career. His 238 yards per game were again the lowest of his career by a wide margin.

His touchdowns and interception numbers were still good, but the accuracy and the yardage slipped considerably.

Now in year two of the post-DeflateGate era, Rodgers is still struggling. His completion percentage has actually dropped to 60.2 percent, and his yards per game have dropped to 234.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/10/18/aaron-rodgers-stats-since-deflategate-are-curiously-bad/