Aaron Rodgers watch.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's interesting that a football game can affect fans so deeply that they'll get angry and depressed, even letting it affect their demeanor around members of their families. We've read those posts from those who have admitted that their foul demeanor has lasted days, even though they have absolutely no control over what happens in those games.

Yet, conversely when private lives may affect the games played (by the people who actually do play those games) some posters get offended and want such discussions to be off-limits, at least when it comes to a certain sacrosanct individual. Except that we have discussed the personal lives of Guion, Ray Rice, Michael Vick, and Brett Favre, and many others on this board in great length. There seems to be more than enough precedent for that. If anyone has actively participated in those discussions - but now finds any discussion regarding Rodgers' personal life to be affecting his game to be inappropriate - then welcome to the world of hypocrisy.

The current starting QB for the Packers should not be immune from such discussions. Connect the dots. We have learned that his game performances had declined since about the time his personal problems began to surface. Coincidence? Perhaps. However, that "coincidence" makes any discussion regarding his game performances fair game for discussion.

Maybe, just maybe his failures on the field are not exclusively the fault of his receivers, play-callers, coaches, injuries to his linemen, and a GM committed to draft and develop. Far more important men than football players have been undone by their egos.
That is ridiculous. In the case of Rice and Vick, we discussed the deplorable actions of a couple of individuals who just happened to play football. In the case of Rodgers, people are just sticking their noses where they don't belong. A few people wanting their 15 minutes and capitalizing on it when they can. If the Packers were playing well, even if his statistics were exactly the same, nobody would care.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What needs to happen is someone just needs to start yelling at Rodgers to throw the ball within 2 seconds of getting it because it's his double clutches that are killing this team. I'm a strong believer that the best offenses in this league are ones where the QB is gunning it in about a 2-second count. I'm kinda anti QB rollout plays, I like the shotgun quick gunning plays, saw the Cowboys running a few of those today and they worked.

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers actually has played pretty well. The fact that the defense has been horrid and we lost some games has overshadowed that. He played great against ATL, played very good against Indy and Tenn. if defense could stop ppl we win those games. It's hard as a qb when you have to basically try to carry the offense, and help your defense by keeping them on the sidelines idc who you are.

True, if I recall correctly NBC used a graphic showing the Packers were the first team in league history to have lost three consecutive games scoring at least 25 points in each of them.

H

HardRightEdge

True, if I recall correctly NBC used a graphic showing the Packers were the first team in league history to have lost three consecutive games scoring at least 25 points in each of them.
That's hard to believe. If true, it's a testament to Capers genius.

H

HardRightEdge

I tried to verify that, but found something more interesting:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2ut9wf/qb_records_when_their_defense_gives_up_24_or_more/

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2ux6rf/a_comparison_of_qb_wl_records_vs_points_allowed/

No top QBs have a good record when their team gives up 24 or more points.

Thinking you can simply outscore opponents while playing poor defense is an unreasonable expectation, nay, a fools errand.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

By the way, did anybody watch the Oakland vs. KC game? For some reason Carr could not hit the broad side of a barn. We can only conclude Derek is now dating Oliva; that succubus is now messing with somebody else's man crush. On to the playoffs!

H

HardRightEdge

While it's hard to believe according to PFR's play index search it's true although the Packers are tied with five other teams in NFL history including the 2016 Bills.

http://www.pro-football-reference.c...vent_gtlt_2=eq&streak_num_2=1&streak_length=2
Oh, my. The Bills' defensive genius brother team? Say it ain't so. These are the same guys who had a 24 - 9 lead in the middle of the 3rd. quarter against Oakland last week. With playoff chances on the line, the D went into collapse surrendering 29 straight points. What an odd coincidence.

Members online

Latest posts