Aaron Rodgers update

Status
Not open for further replies.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want Rodgers to play as much as the next guy, but if Jerry Jones is willing to risk putting Romo in a wheelchair, as you say, that means we should take a hint and also accept risking Rodgers' health? Ridiculous....one situation has nothing to do with the other. Just because an owner like Jerry Jones would risk the long-term health of one of his players for a better chance at a division title doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He doesn't make medical decisions.
Did you miss the part where MM said last week that him not playing was an "organizational decision" and not a medical one?

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's also the question of doing what is right morally.

Is Rodgers playing best for the team? Of course. Is subjecting a guy to possible surgery and months of rehab in order to win the right thing to do? That's certainly debatable.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Romo plays with a herniated disk Sunday night and Rodgers doesn't play? With a cracked collarbone in his non throwing arm after seven weeks? I will have a fit!! haha. Might even buy a Romo jersey..ugh prolly not but i would gain a huge amount of respect for the guy that's for sure. I would also question the motives of TT and McKenzie even more as well.
But if he doesn't play you'll get to see your favorite QB again.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want Rodgers to play as much as the next guy, but if Jerry Jones is willing to risk putting Romo in a wheelchair, as you say, that means we should take a hint and also accept risking Rodgers' health? Ridiculous....one situation has nothing to do with the other. Just because an owner like Jerry Jones would risk the long-term health of one of his players for a better chance at a division title doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.
Emulating Jerry Jones is NEVER the right thing to do.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Romo reportedly needs surgery. Jones is willing to shoot him up and have him go out and start if he is physically capable. I guess Jones is comfortabl risking Romo and possible paralysis yet TT wont let Rodgers play after 8 weeks with a fractured collarbone to his non throwing arm. This is complete BS. If Rodgers don't play Sunday I will lose the little respect I have left with TT.
This is from the article ivo610 linked:
If Rodgers gets pounded by an on-rushing 300-pound defender, there is the risk of a displaced fracture, endangering the nerves and blood supply—a career-threatening possibility. And that’s without complications from potential surgery.
What are the chances that Rodgers gets hit multiple times if he starts against the Bears (or anyone else)? Pretty damn good, right? I believe HRE made the same point about nerve damage. You understand nerve damage could affect Rodgers for the rest of his career, right?
Win or lose, no matter what decision the Packers make, it’s the right call. They have the information. You and I do not. They were right to hold out Rodgers against the Steelers, and they’ll be right if that’s the decision they make this week.
King could have been responding to your post: The Packers have the information and you don’t. If you want a real example of complete BS, read your post.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Romo reportedly needs surgery. Jones is willing to shoot him up and have him go out and start if he is physically capable. I guess Jones is comfortabl risking Romo and possible paralysis yet TT wont let Rodgers play after 8 weeks with a fractured collarbone to his non throwing arm. This is complete BS. If Rodgers don't play Sunday I will lose the little respect I have left with TT.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Romo plays with a herniated disk Sunday night and Rodgers doesn't play? With a cracked collarbone in his non throwing arm after seven weeks? I will have a fit!! haha. Might even buy a Romo jersey..ugh prolly not but i would gain a huge amount of respect for the guy that's for sure. I would also question the motives of TT and McKenzie even more as well.
Well, there is plenty of room on that Cowboy bandwagon - ENJOY! You even will get the added bonus of a much better GM. One who isn't afraid to make a dramatic move on draft day and go after bigger FAs!

I

...and as if the school marm post wasn't bad enough ... I'm going to post what I found on the subject - feel free to cyber-smack me ... I hate myself when I do this crap. :)

Casper Milquetoast, created by Harold Webster in 1924, was a timid and retiring man named for a timid food. The first instance of milquetoast as a common noun is found in the mid-1930s. Milquetoast thus joins the ranks of other such words, including sad sack, from a blundering army private invented by George Baker in 1942, and Wimpy, from J. Wellington Wimpy in the Popeye comic strip, which became a trade name for a hamburger. If we look to a related form of popular culture, the animated cartoon, we must of course acknowledge Mickey Mouse, which has become a slang term for something that is easy, insignificant, small-time, worthless, or petty.

Oh for the love of God man....step away from the keyboard and go help Mrs Weeds in the kitchen....lol

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look I am just frustrated. You guys are right. If he is not healthy he should not play. Thanks for pointing that out to me. Don't want to risk the rest of his carreer over 1 game.

Reactions: TJV

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's also the question of doing what is right morally.

Is Rodgers playing best for the team? Of course. Is subjecting a guy to possible surgery and months of rehab in order to win the right thing to do? That's certainly debatable.
Isn't every player who steps on a football field subjecting themselves to possible surgery and months of rehab in order to win? "Months of rehab" doesn't really apply so much with a broken clavicle anyway. It's simply a matter of healing unless a muscle or ligament was damaged at the same time.

I

Look I am just frustrated. You guys are right. If he is not healthy he should not play. Thanks for pointing that out to me. Don't want to risk the rest of his carreer over 1 game.

Bubba, we are all frustrated mate, its only my view of course but with the way our O-line is performing, we may as well send him out with a VERY LARGE bullseye on his uniform and have an ambulance on standby in the car park.
If the Bears cant make the playoffs, they`d make damn sure Rodgers would play no part either. Happy holiday to you and yours anyway :tup:

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too really hope to see Rodgers back, obviously. We need him. If he can't come back we have Matt Flynn. Flynn has looked pretty good over the last 3 games, and Sunday vs. the Steelers, had Quarless not ran into Flynn, that pick never would have been thrown and we win that game. Still... he should have hit Nelson for a TD at the end of regulation.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Bill ... honest to god, I am ... and it angers and bothers her. :) I'm doing bacon wrapped water chestnuts and bacon wrapped shrimp -- she maintains that next I'm making bacon wrapped bacon ... typical bitter, bitter, young woman. Bwahahaha...

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WHAAAT? I never heard this before in all that I have read and watched.

Rodgers has strongly indicated that he hoped to be cleared by now. He’s a football player, and a darn tough one who played four seasons of high school and college ball with a torn ACL in his left knee—no one should ever question his toughness or desire to play hurt.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't every player who steps on a football field subjecting themselves to possible surgery and months of rehab in order to win? "Months of rehab" doesn't really apply so much with a broken clavicle anyway. It's simply a matter of healing unless a muscle or ligament was damaged at the same time.

Yes, every player does, but the risk is certainly higher with a bone that isn't healed yet.

And if the bone snaps in two, there could be months of rehab.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, every player does, but the risk is certainly higher with a bone that isn't healed yet.

And if the bone snaps in two, there could be months of rehab.
Not likely. Rehabbing a broken clavicle generally entails rest and a gradual return to full activity. A full off-season is more than plenty of time.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't be mad at Ted for sitting him. I would be furious if Aaron played and had his career ruined by a preventable injury. I would want resignation letters from those who made that call with the best QB the packers have had in 40 years

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not likely. Rehabbing a broken clavicle generally entails rest and a gradual return to full activity. A full off-season is more than plenty of time.

With all the muscles that attach to the clavicle, there could be muscles damage, as well as a loss of range of motion, and muscle and bone weakness from immobilization. I think that would require a lot of rehab. Complications could also arise from surgery like what happened to Sherrod and Gronk.

Plus, he'd have to be rehabbing rather than getting even better at football.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously, fans need to check themselves. As many have correctly pointed out, WE DON'T HAVE THE INFORMATION AND THEY DO. I get the frustration- We're a much better team with Aaron than we are without. Hell, we'd have won the division already had Rodgers not been injured in the first place, but unfortunately it didn't play out that way. Not much we can really do about it, and frankly, I'm ok giving up a so-so season in exchange for the health of our franchise player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts