1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Aaron Rodgers update

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by NelsonsLongCatch, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,399
    I want Rodgers to play as much as the next guy, but if Jerry Jones is willing to risk putting Romo in a wheelchair, as you say, that means we should take a hint and also accept risking Rodgers' health? Ridiculous....one situation has nothing to do with the other. Just because an owner like Jerry Jones would risk the long-term health of one of his players for a better chance at a division title doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Jerry Jones = Dan Snyder :alien:

3. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +805
    Did you miss the part where MM said last week that him not playing was an "organizational decision" and not a medical one?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  4. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,018
    There's also the question of doing what is right morally.

Is Rodgers playing best for the team? Of course. Is subjecting a guy to possible surgery and months of rehab in order to win the right thing to do? That's certainly debatable.

5. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +805
    But if he doesn't play you'll get to see your favorite QB again.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +805
    Emulating Jerry Jones is NEVER the right thing to do.

7. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,013
    This is from the article ivo610 linked:
    What are the chances that Rodgers gets hit multiple times if he starts against the Bears (or anyone else)? Pretty damn good, right? I believe HRE made the same point about nerve damage. You understand nerve damage could affect Rodgers for the rest of his career, right?
    King could have been responding to your post: The Packers have the information and you don’t. If you want a real example of complete BS, read your post.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,063
  9. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,857
    th (78).jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,835
    Well, there is plenty of room on that Cowboy bandwagon - ENJOY! You even will get the added bonus of a much better GM. One who isn't afraid to make a dramatic move on draft day and go after bigger FAs!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +1,857

Oh for the love of God man....step away from the keyboard and go help Mrs Weeds in the kitchen....lol

12. bubba

bubba Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +43
    Look I am just frustrated. You guys are right. If he is not healthy he should not play. Thanks for pointing that out to me. Don't want to risk the rest of his carreer over 1 game.

• Like Like x 1
  13. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +805
    Isn't every player who steps on a football field subjecting themselves to possible surgery and months of rehab in order to win? "Months of rehab" doesn't really apply so much with a broken clavicle anyway. It's simply a matter of healing unless a muscle or ligament was damaged at the same time.

14. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +1,857
    Bubba, we are all frustrated mate, its only my view of course but with the way our O-line is performing, we may as well send him out with a VERY LARGE bullseye on his uniform and have an ambulance on standby in the car park.
    If the Bears cant make the playoffs, they`d make damn sure Rodgers would play no part either. Happy holiday to you and yours anyway :tup:

15. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +209
    I too really hope to see Rodgers back, obviously. We need him. If he can't come back we have Matt Flynn. Flynn has looked pretty good over the last 3 games, and Sunday vs. the Steelers, had Quarless not ran into Flynn, that pick never would have been thrown and we win that game. Still... he should have hit Nelson for a TD at the end of regulation.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,063
    Bill ... honest to god, I am ... and it angers and bothers her. :) I'm doing bacon wrapped water chestnuts and bacon wrapped shrimp -- she maintains that next I'm making bacon wrapped bacon ... typical bitter, bitter, young woman. Bwahahaha...

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    WHAAAT? I never heard this before in all that I have read and watched.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Yes, every player does, but the risk is certainly higher with a bone that isn't healed yet.

And if the bone snaps in two, there could be months of rehab.

19. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Agree Frank. Where did this come from????

20. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
  21. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +805
    Not likely. Rehabbing a broken clavicle generally entails rest and a gradual return to full activity. A full off-season is more than plenty of time.

22. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,077
    I wouldn't be mad at Ted for sitting him. I would be furious if Aaron played and had his career ruined by a preventable injury. I would want resignation letters from those who made that call with the best QB the packers have had in 40 years

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,018
    With all the muscles that attach to the clavicle, there could be muscles damage, as well as a loss of range of motion, and muscle and bone weakness from immobilization. I think that would require a lot of rehab. Complications could also arise from surgery like what happened to Sherrod and Gronk.

Plus, he'd have to be rehabbing rather than getting even better at football.

24. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Seriously, fans need to check themselves. As many have correctly pointed out, WE DON'T HAVE THE INFORMATION AND THEY DO. I get the frustration- We're a much better team with Aaron than we are without. Hell, we'd have won the division already had Rodgers not been injured in the first place, but unfortunately it didn't play out that way. Not much we can really do about it, and frankly, I'm ok giving up a so-so season in exchange for the health of our franchise player.

25. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,975
    Love how fans know rodgers injury and he can play with it

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.