Aaron Rodgers update

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you look at what AZ's defense did to SEA at SEA today, the NFC Central should forfeit their slot to the loser of the AZ/SF/NO battle.

3 Central teams in position to take control, all losers, against PIT, NYG and PHI. You could say that at least PHI is 8-3 since Foles took over, so CHI has some excuse, but there's not much excuse for getting blown out from start to finish.

PHI is definitely a contender. Foles should be the NFC Offensive Player of the Year if they put down Dallas next week providing his running mate Shady McCoy doesn't get it.
I Agree.... great idea!
Look what a difference INJURIES MAKE.
Those NFC West teams are so much healthier than us, again, for some reason.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
When was the last time the Packers gave an injury timetable where the player actually made it back as projected? Whenever I hear a timetable from McCarthy now, I automatically add 3-4 weeks.

Learned this a few years ago.

Who really expected him to be back after only 4 weeks ?
The "average" collar-bone fracture needs at least a minimum of 6-8 weaks to heal and up to 3 months to do sports unrestricted. And we are not talking about doing some running or playing chess. Its football where nutters like Ndamukong Suh or other DT'S and LB's are just waiting for their chance to smash his collarbone again.

Im fine with the decision not letting him play but I definitely would appreciate if someone tells the truth about his injury. Simply shut him down for the rest of the season instead having this ridiculous weekly drama about his status for the next game. :rolleyes:

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Update on Rodgers for Bears game. Tuesday -Thursday. " Rodgers practiced, threw without pain, and looked very good. Lots of velocity on the ball. Aaron took some reps with the first team". This daily report per Mike McCarthy. Thursday, Rodgers says he knows decision and appears sad. Friday, Mike appears before cameras and says Rodgers is out. It's an organizational decision.

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
1- Anyway, what sucks is the Bears are going to LOVE sticking the fork into us next week, and they will enjoy it even more knowing it was THEM who broke Rodgers collarbone and ended our playoff chances all along.

2- Damn you Shea McClellin.

I added the numbers for easier reference and response:

1) - F*ck that and the Bears, Frank. The Packers are taking the flippin' Bears down on Sunday. (Let's just hope that Cutler starts. McClellin may be their MVP .... but Cutler will be ours.

2) - That's right - 100%. Although, I think Rodgers almost injured himself. McClellin didn't level a blow, per se.

narmer2000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its clearly been a ploy with the injury report. mhnessie is correct, a collarbone needs 6-8 weeks to heal properly time. Even if they waved the magic wand of Reggie White and was healed it still in 4 weeks the collarbone still wouldnt be able to take a hit. When he went down I highly doubted he would return in 2013 and it seems to be true. MM decided to at least give Flynn a shot and its been an up and down rollercoaster so hopefully next Sunday its an up day.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
TTs "leadership" is at least part of the problem. The same milktoast guy we see is probably little different in team meetings. So you get a team physician running our roster.

First off ... I'm not pleased with yesterday's performance, am off this week so I have nothing of consequence to do except lapse into a little 'school marm' smack - it is this, or I have to hit your post with an "old" -- so, here comes the spelling and grammar smack:

milktoast is actually milquetoast.

As for the team physician running the roster ... who would you prefer? The Patriots' team physician? Let's face it, Gronkowski's forearm probably wasn't healed and the guys with vested interests in his speedy return probably won out there.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
...and as if the school marm post wasn't bad enough ... I'm going to post what I found on the subject - feel free to cyber-smack me ... I hate myself when I do this crap. :)

Casper Milquetoast, created by Harold Webster in 1924, was a timid and retiring man named for a timid food. The first instance of milquetoast as a common noun is found in the mid-1930s. Milquetoast thus joins the ranks of other such words, including sad sack, from a blundering army private invented by George Baker in 1942, and Wimpy, from J. Wellington Wimpy in the Popeye comic strip, which became a trade name for a hamburger. If we look to a related form of popular culture, the animated cartoon, we must of course acknowledge Mickey Mouse, which has become a slang term for something that is easy, insignificant, small-time, worthless, or petty.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TTs "leadership" is at least part of the problem. The same milktoast guy we see is probably little different in team meetings. So you get a team physician running our roster.
We really need an "Idiot" rating at times.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers will be named the starter by tomorrow afternoon and we'll roll over the Bears, even though Rodgers will have a rusty first quarter against them. Oh, and Cobb will score in his return as well. Playoffs have officially started in GB.

TA63

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quite frankly i think rodgers needs to be on the field as well. The tiny chance of re injuring the collar bone is a risk I would be willing to take for a division title and playoff berth.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quite frankly i think rodgers needs to be on the field as well. The tiny chance of re injuring the collar bone is a risk I would be willing to take for a division title and playoff berth.
More significantly, it's a risk that HE is willing to take. I really don't see how he can be kept out this week.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
First off ... I'm not pleased with yesterday's performance, am off this week so I have nothing of consequence to do except lapse into a little 'school marm' smack - it is this, or I have to hit your post with an "old" -- so, here comes the spelling and grammar smack:

milktoast is actually milquetoast.

As for the team physician running the roster ... who would you prefer? The Patriots' team physician? Let's face it, Gronkowski's forearm probably wasn't healed and the guys with vested interests in his speedy return probably won out there.
Could you post where the term "frosts my goat" comes from. I'm not clear on that one.:D

dom fornaro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Per Ian Rapoport of NFL News, "If Rodgers can't go this week and the Packers have no chance at the playoffs, source said it's possible Rodgers is shut down for 2013".
It seems that if he was ok to play again this year they would have played him vs the steelers.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If there was a tiny chance, I think he'd be out there by now. The doctors know a lot more about the risk of re-injury than we do.

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heres my take on this situation. I believe MM wants him out there. I know Rodgers wants to be out there. I believe TT keeps shutting him down. Sunday will be 2 full months since the injury. Rodgers needs to get out there and play. With our defense I don't believe we have a chance with Flynn this week. So this is basically the last game of the year if he don't play. I don't think anyone has ever died because of a broken collarbone. If he rebreaks it he has 7 months to heal. Every player every game has a risk to sustain an injury in any given game. I think if we have Rodgers back in this week I think we could go deep into the playoffs. He is our best player, he is getting millions of dollars to be this teams QB and leader. TT needs to man up and let Rodgers play this week.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Romo plays with a herniated disk Sunday night and Rodgers doesn't play? With a cracked collarbone in his non throwing arm after seven weeks? I will have a fit!! haha. Might even buy a Romo jersey..ugh prolly not but i would gain a huge amount of respect for the guy that's for sure. I would also question the motives of TT and McKenzie even more as well.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

If Romo plays with a herniated disk Sunday night and Rodgers doesn't play? With a cracked collarbone in his non throwing arm after seven weeks? I will have a fit!! haha. Might even buy a Romo jersey..ugh prolly not but i would gain a huge amount of respect for the guy that's for sure. I would also question the motives of TT and McKenzie even more as well.

You`d probably suit a Cowboys jersey :tup:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

"Question the motives?"

Do you think TT doesn't want the Packers to make the playoffs? Do you think we have the plot of "Major League" on our hands here?

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Romo reportedly needs surgery. Jones is willing to shoot him up and have him go out and start if he is physically capable. I guess Jones is comfortabl risking Romo and possible paralysis yet TT wont let Rodgers play after 8 weeks with a fractured collarbone to his non throwing arm. This is complete BS. If Rodgers don't play Sunday I will lose the little respect I have left with TT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts