Aaron Rodgers update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're comparing a torn ACL to a collarbone? To me it was never realistic for RG3 to come back in less than a year and be the same. Even a clean break of the collarbone would be an issue but not something that we'd have to worry about him being back for training camp or week 1. Not only that, but Rodgers doesn't need as much prep in the offseason. He's a veteran and knows the system backwards and forwards.

Also, there's absolutely no reason to think that we'll be past the issue just because Rodgers sits out the rest of the season to "manage the risk". Charles Woodson broke his collarbone in the Superbowl Feb of 2011 and then broke it again in Oct of 2012. Once you break em, they're just not the same.

I just don't feel like the positive of keeping him out outweighs the risk of letting him play. Just my .02 though.

He wasn't comparing the injuries. He was comparing the situations if Rodgers missed the whole offseason. RG3 was unable to get any better as a player in the offseason and even looked like he regressed.

Yes, Rodgers is a veteran, but that doesn't mean he doesn't need offseason work and can't get any better with practice. Imagine Rodgers if he gets ever better at playing QB than he already was.

IMO, I do want Rodgers to miss the offseason.

Last edited:
D

Dan115

Green Bay is no ordinary team. Yes, expect championship each and every year.

JacobInFlorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wasn't comparing the injuries. He was comparing the situations if Rodgers missed the whole offseason. RG3 was unable to get any better as a player in the offseason and even looked like he regressed.

Yes, Rodgers is a veteran, but that doesn't mean he doesn't need offseason work and can't get any better with practice. Imagine Rodgers if he gets ever better at playing QB than he already was.

IMO, I do want Rodgers to miss the offseason.

I understand that he wasn't comparing the injuries straight up. I was just saying the rehab is completely different. No way Rodgers would miss the whole offseason if he broke his collarbone this week or next or the next and the offseason is nowhere near as valuable to Rodgers as it was to RG3.

IMO, Rodgers getting his offseason work in without rehab is nowhere near is as important as taking this chance we've been given of making the playoffs with a home game. That's all you work for. Like I said earlier, you don't **** away a chance at the playoffs just so you can theoretically be better prepared for next year. One play next year and Rodgers could be done for the year.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand that he wasn't comparing the injuries straight up. I was just saying the rehab is completely different. No way Rodgers would miss the whole offseason if he broke his collarbone this week or next or the next and the offseason is nowhere near as valuable to Rodgers as it was to RG3.

IMO, Rodgers getting his offseason work in without rehab is nowhere near is as important as taking this chance we've been given of making the playoffs with a home game. That's all you work for. Like I said earlier, you don't **** away a chance at the playoffs just so you can theoretically be better prepared for next year. One play next year and Rodgers could be done for the year.

I'll disagree with you on the importance of the offseason.

Maybe the Packers are being extra cautious because Sherrod just missed nearly two seasons because of bad break and his first surgery didn't go very well. They could be protecting Rodgers from that possibility. Just speculating.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Will TT make the call to allow Rodgers to play. Win and Packers are in Playoffs. No bigger game than that.

There is so much Reward to play him. Packers might not be in a Playoff postion next season. Look at the Texans they were ready to make a run to the playoffs maybe SB and lost 13-14 games.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It all depends on whether or not the Halas' check clears or not. That doctor keeps failing to clear Rodgers.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope so, I think Flynn has done a fine job overall, but we need Rodgers for this one.

Reaction score
as much as i would like rodgers playing our defense can't protect our quarterbacks. i say dress him but start flynn. if we are in the game then maybe throw him in. if we are getting pasted then i say no and leave him till 2014

go pack go

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chris Mortenson reported some stuff today, that Rodgers is not going to play again this year.
He's done. One bad play vs Chicago. Shea McClellin. I hate that guy now.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not likely I am of the opinion that his injury is much worse than anyone thought and he is not even close to splaying

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Aaron Rodgers (collarbone) remains at "extraordinary risk" of further injury should he play in a football game.

Per Mort, there was "no real" organizational decision regarding ruling Rodgers out for Week 16, as coach Mike McCarthy claimed, because Rodgers is simply not healthy enough to play football at this point in time. ESPN's Bob Holtzman added on SportsCenter that Rodgers received "far fewer" practice reps this week than last week, and his Packers teammates knew Rodgers wouldn't face the Steelers early in the week.

It sheds doubt on whether Rodgers has a chance to play in Week 17 should Green Bay defeat Pittsburgh, and perhaps even makes Rodgers' would-be playoffs availability murky. Matt Flynn remains the Packers' starting quarterback indefinitely.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ill say no. I have been saying yes e ery week
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Aaron Rodgers (collarbone) remains at "extraordinary risk" of further injury should he play in a football game.

Per Mort, there was "no real" organizational decision regarding ruling Rodgers out for Week 16, as coach Mike McCarthy claimed, because Rodgers is simply not healthy enough to play football at this point in time.

ESPN's Bob Holtzman added on SportsCenter that Rodgers received "far fewer" practice reps this week than last week, and his Packers teammates knew Rodgers wouldn't face the Steelers early in the week.

It sheds doubt on whether Rodgers has a chance to play in Week 17 should Green Bay defeat Pittsburgh, and perhaps even makes Rodgers' would-be playoffs availability murky.

Matt Flynn remains the Packers' starting quarterback indefinitely.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is done for the season.
So is Matthews.
That's like taking away Peyton Manning and Von Miller.
Or Drew Brees and their best LB.
Or Colin Kaepernick and Aldon Smith.

Those ARE the nucleus', the franchises.
Nobody can survive losses like that.

This is BS this year, as if last year wasn't bad enough, or 2010.

Anyway, what sucks is the Bears are going to LOVE sticking the fork into us next week, and they will enjoy it even more knowing it was THEM who broke Rodgers collarbone and ended our playoff chances all along.

Damn you Shea McClellin.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So is Matthews.

Anyway, what sucks is the Bears are going to LOVE sticking the fork into us next week, and they will enjoy it even more knowing it was THEM who broke Rodgers collarbone and ended our playoff chances all along.

Damn you Shea McClellin.

Yes, they can have their little celebration. And they will get crushed in the playoffs.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So is Matthews.

Damn you Shea McClellin.
Even if Rodgers is out against the Bears, the Packers will still have a chance to win. This Bears team is not very good...it will be a close game next week.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They will not deviate from what they have done all along. It will depend on if McKenzie clears him.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cutler with the Pick-6.
Eagles up 47-11.

Nice.
Da Bearzzz......

The Eagles look like contenders.
The Bears, Packers, Lions...... our division looks awful.

None of us are contenders, just pretenders. We have plenty of excuses though.

H

HardRightEdge

Cutler with the Pick-6.
Eagles up 47-11.

Nice.
Da Bearzzz......

The Eagles look like contenders.
The Bears, Packers, Lions...... our division looks awful.

None of us are contenders, just pretenders. We have plenty of excuses though.
When you look at what AZ's defense did to SEA at SEA today, the NFC Central should forfeit their slot to the loser of the AZ/SF/NO battle.

3 Central teams in position to take control, all losers, against PIT, NYG and PHI. You could say that at least PHI is 8-3 since Foles took over, so CHI has some excuse, but there's not much excuse for getting blown out from start to finish.

PHI is definitely a contender. Foles should be the NFC Offensive Player of the Year if they put down Dallas next week providing his running mate Shady McCoy doesn't get it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Do we need 2 threads on what they will do with Rodgers?

No, so I will merge

hit and run

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's really pathetic how "fans" give up even though in this day and age of the NFL, any team can win on any weekend. Some of you Packers "fans" truly disgust me. I'll never give up on a season unless we are no longer in it. To sit here and complain, point fingers and give up is a joke. Hello everyone - Take a look back at just this season - and I mean back at every game. Could you pick out the winners? Of course not! Did anyone give the Cardinals - THE CARDINALS, any chance to win today in Seattle??? Get a grip. We're in this thing until we are no longer in it, period. Go Pack, Go!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online