1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Aaron Rodgers update

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by NelsonsLongCatch, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +626
    Per Ian Rapoport of NFL News, "If Rodgers can't go this week and the Packers have no chance at the playoffs, source said it's possible Rodgers is shut down for 2013".

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,970
    Would make sense..

Play Scott give him the reps to get better

3. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +626
    I agree with it too. Why risk serious injury for no reason? Rodgers is clearly one of the four most valuable, irreplaceable players in the league. Get Rodgers 110%.

4. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +941
    I'll wait to I hear any official word until I believe anything.

A source tried saying Finely was only out 4-6 weeks earlier.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +832
    Sitting him if he is healthy will destroy the locker room. He doesn't want to sit. That will create tension with him and TT/MM. The players won't like the give up attitude. If he is healthy then play him.

• Like Like x 1
  6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,970
    It does say possible..

I heard same thing about 20 mins this thread was made

• Like Like x 1
  7. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +626
    Depends on what "healthy" means. As long as there is any pain or discomfort, why play him? I don't think sitting Rodgers will be as damaging as you think.

8. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +626
    Jason Wilde just tweeted that "Source now tells me that Aaron Rodgers would 'be lucky' to return this week".

9. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +483
    Too many already have the give up attitude

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  10. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +286
    If we don't beat the Falcons(we better) and are truly really out of it, I won't be opposed to sitting him the rest of the year. However, if we beat the Falcons, and he can come back the following week, play him. We aren't out yet.

11. NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +371
    I highly doubt that would happen. Just look at the Lions game. Plenty of players are already "packing it in".

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. maxlives

maxlives Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +107
    If that is the decision then the fat lady has sung. Sad state of affairs in Titletown; never thought I would see this but I suppose it's really just a business now. Will take a little time to wrap my head around the defeatist approach but there it is. If we sit a relatively healthy superstar Vince is wrong, clearly winning is NOT the only thing.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +284
    Yet. How highly do you rate the Packers' chances of winning the SB? From what I saw on Thanksgiving, your team is a long shot just to win one playoff game... (even with Rodgers returning). There is no sense taking a risk in a situation with so little upside.

14. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +626
    I agree with you. Rodgers has a broken collarbone. If he comes back to early, it could become displaced and end up costing him more time in the future. Why risk the franchise for absolutely no reward? Even if the Packers win out it's not like a 9-6-1 record wins the division.

15. AZpackerbacker

AZpackerbacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    If he is not back next weekend word has it that he will be put on IR for the rest of the season.....

16. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +515
    If the Packers lose to the Falcons and stand at 5-7-1, and either the Lions or Bears stand at 8-5 after next week, then there is no point playing Rodgers.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Ogsponge

Ogsponge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +309
    Wow, I really cannot believe what I am reading here. People are actually thinking we should basically just tank the season if we lose to the Falcons...

Did the Jaguars and Buccaneers tank the season when they were winless through half the season? Did the Browns tank the season when it looked like they had no chance in hell of winning a football game early in the season? I am sorry but if Rodgers is cleared by the doctors to play, he better play, period end of story. That is the ONLY acceptable path for the rest of the season, the second the medical staff clears him to play, he plays. This wait until he is 110% crap is, well crap. First off, you can't be 110%, you can only be 100% and there is not a football player on the planet that plays at 100% unless it is the first game of the season.

If the Packers actually pack it in and Rodgers does not play the rest of the season, I will be thoroughly disgusted with the management of this franchise and will have lost every bit of faith in them.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +371
    I'd rather get higher draft picks. Risking further injury to Rodgers for silly notions of pride or whatever else is just plain foolhardy. Absolutely no logic in your argument, period.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +284
    Tanking is your term. It is more called protecting your assets. If the Packers had some resemblance of a defense... sure. But they don't. Rodgers may come back and rack up 40+ points a game in the regular season. That is going to be increasingly difficult in the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Ogsponge

Ogsponge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +309
    Wow, you are ridiculous, so you can sit there and say that if Rodgers is cleared by the medical staff to play, we should not play him in order to get higher draft picks? I am sorry but you are the one with no logic in your post at all. That is not the way it works, you play to win period.

Don't get me wrong, I am by NO means saying play Rodgers if he is not healthy and read to go, but if he is CLEARED BY THE MEDICAL STAFF to play football, they he plays. Period.

How can you possibly disagree with that? Seriously?

• Like Like x 1
  21. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +384
    Season's over. Calling all tanks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,060
    It is also "possible" that I crap one of those Lexus' with a Christmas bow on it. I'll wait until the Packers say it.

23. Ogsponge

Ogsponge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +309
    Silly notion of pride? What the hell? Pride is all this team has left, and if they do not have any pride, they should not be on the football field. And you would rather play for a higher draft pick?

That is seriously the most asinine comment about professional football that could ever be made and is ONLY made by fans that do not have a single clue what they are talking about. Those words would NEVER be uttered with in an NFL team and if they were suggested by anyone within in the team, they would need to be shown the door.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +384

This one beat the "It's never over!" scene from Rambo, mostly because I couldn't find the clip.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  25. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +2,936
    It would be extremely difficult for the Packers to sit a healthy Rodgers until they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs – I don’t expect them to do that. If they are mathematically eliminated, would anyone be opposed to sitting a healthy Rodgers at that point since there’d be nothing they would be “giving up on”? And if you're against that, what if Rodgers suffers a severe injury in a truly meaningless game?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.