1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Aaron Rodgers update

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by NelsonsLongCatch, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baked

Baked Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Is it Sunday yet? What a huge chapter in the rivalry upcoming!

2. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Actually I could almost cry with this news. Praying for AR to have a great injury free game and not get hurt like Clay. :tup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Terre Haute Cheesehead

Terre Haute Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +191
    My sentiments exactly, 13 Times Champs!

Rodgers's is no doubt a very important player in this league whether you're a Packer fan or a NFL fan of another team which I discovered today. I just got home from attending a local high school holiday basketball tournament with a couple of Colts buddies and a Packer buddy of mine. Starting around 11:00 am, we began checking by phone on Arodg updates throughout the day. People in our seating area, regardless as to who was their favorite NFL team, overheard our conversation concerning news on his status for Sunday and began checking their phones periodically. It was contagious!
    We initially learned the news of him taking snaps with the first team which was really encouraging, then came the much anticipated "waitting for the presser" game until we finally received the news we were hoping for. My Packer friend and I was celebrating and sharing the breaking news outloud which again promted others sitting around us to want to check out ESPN on their phones. A few Colt fans (I would presume from where I live) were passing the news and giving us a head shake and "thumbs up." This news wasn't as pleasant for some, though, as we heard a few moans, groans and SH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TS from Bear fans, no doubt. This was truly a great belated Christmas present today! :tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,948
    And we won a SB with in 3 years

5. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +784
    Maybe, but he'll shake it off pretty quick. I can't see him being too rusty more than a series or two. He's been practicing for a while now. It's not like he has to learn the system.

That said, even if he's so rusty that we lose, I'd feel better losing with our Four Star General running the show than our Lt. Colonel. It puts any "what if" questions to rest.

6. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +784
    What starting offensive linemen did he cut? This is news to me.

7. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,948
    Wahle and Marco in 2005

8. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,058
    He didn't cut neither of them. Free Agency big bucks... Marco stuck Jones in Dallas pretty bad too.

9. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +784
    He didn't cut them.

10. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,948

I know

But buscook thinks so

11. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,678
    Our OL and FB and blocking TE better protect Rodgers like he's Mother Theresa back there.
    If Peppers goes around Bakhtiari, I want Bakh to stay with him and horse-collar Peppers.
    Keep their hands off Rodgers.

You know how much the Bears, McLellin again or Peppers -or any of them, would LOVE to slam Rodgers down again on his shoulder and knock him out. They will be hunting him like a shark that smells blood in the water.

12. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +831
    Why did Breno Giacamini leave?? I have no idea how the hell to sell his name. He has done pretty well with seattle seeing as he starts at one of the tackle spots for them. Was he taken off the PS or just flat out released?

13. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,948
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breno_Giacomini

14. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,948

whats funny is bus tells us we cant use re signing a Packer as a free agent signing..Yet he will say they cut a player when the player follows the $

15. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,948
    I am sure the Bears got a letter explaining that they will watch the tackles on him..

16. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +784
    Yeah, well he thinks a lot of things, doesn't he?

17. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +831
    Shea scares me because he is a spazz. He doesn't get there often but he is a huge spazz when he does. You just have to get Peppers to think about his money and be disinterested in the game....not the hardest thing to do.

18. Bignutz

Bignutz I'm a victim of coicumstances!

Ratings:
    +49
    How rusty will AR be on Sunday??:tdown:

19. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,948
  20. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Not as Rusty as Flynn.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,419
    Letting Rivera and Wahle go was the bold non-move that made a lot of people not like TT from the start. It was also the setup to the Favre fiasco that really put TT in the lowest regard for most people like Bus Cook. Rivera if I remember got hurt the next season playing for Dallas and basically ended his career. Wahle had a Pro Bowl season or two for Carolina and continued on. Had he brought them both back as everyone wanted, the Packers would have had a lot of money tied up in those two linemen.

You can argue the decision either way. It was a bold move and put his mark on the team. Personally I agreed with the move but it's taken a long time to get even just one good guard in Sitton. It's the catch for such moves, you've got to back it up with either good drafting or good FA pickups. It's one area where TT and his staff have not picked well.

22. Bus Cook

Bus Cook You're never alone with a schizophrenic

Ratings:
    +226
    Exactl
    Exactly. I could give a Thompson's a$$ about Rivera, Flanagan, Wells, Wahle, Tauscher or Clifton. Its who has replaced them. In over 8 years I'd say the replacements have been subpar. Its not like its been a weekend. Its been 8 years.

23. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +2,818
    IMO letting Wahle and Rivera go were not bold non-moves. Thompson had no choice on the former and IMO he intended to re-sign Rivera.

The contract Wahle was playing under when Thompson arrived in 2005 called for an $11M cap hit for 2005. When that deal was negotiated, Wahle, his agent and the Packers knew he wouldn’t be playing under that contract in 2005. Wahle gambled on himself and it paid off. Some considered him the most – or second most – attractive UFA that off season. Wahle was determined to cash in (nothing wrong with that) and he did. He was in the driver’s seat and there was no reason for him to give the Packers a home town discount and he didn’t. If Thompson was going to remake the roster and fix the cap problems going forward there was no way he could accomplish that and pay an OG, no matter how good he was, as if he were an LT.

As he has done since then, Thompson allowed Rivera to go into UFA in order to set his market value. Jerry Jones made him an offer he couldn’t refuse, significantly over his value IMO. After Rivera signed that deal he got hurt training and had back surgery. (To Marco’s credit, he offered to tear up his deal with Jones and give the signing bonus back.) Rivera did play for the Cowboys in 2005, but he was never the same. Anyway, I think Thompson would have signed Rivera at a reasonable contract but after Jones offered him (I believe it was) a $9M signing bonus he didn’t have the chance.

24. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,058
    Some guys just plain and simple need a life ....check this out.... hahahahaha

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +281
    Excuse my intrusion,

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.