Aaron Rodgers traded....

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
*** Demovsky
@NobDemovsky

·
9s

In a move that is sure to rock the NFL world, the Packers have traded Future Hall of Famer QB Aaron Rodgers to the Chicago Bears for Khalil Mack, Mitch Trubisky and 3 future first round picks.

*turns his calendar to April 1st and smiles*

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
And so it begins...

Don't panic, was only meant for a little light hearted humor for what has turned into some pretty dark times for most.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't panic, was only meant for a little light hearted humor for what has turned into some pretty dark times for most.

Oh I know bud. I'm aware of what today is. I only imagine that there will be more jokes like this as the day continues. That's why I said it begins.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
You know you were a day early there slick...

It would had been more credible had you waited the extra 12 hours. lol

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You know you were a day early there slick...

It would had been more credible had you waited the extra 12 hours. lol

LOL...I was only 45 minutes early, damn turning my calendar before I go to bed. :) I doubt anyone would believe that headline anyway and it still is out there, to maybe catch a few who would. :) Major April Fools stories are probably a lot harder to pull off with as tied into the internet as everyone now is.

My Dad was telling me that a local Madison Paper once ran a story about the Badger Basketball team signing a 7'6" player that de-commited from a major school and he was the best basketball player the world had ever seen. Turns out it was a 4/1 article, but didn't come right out and say "April fools", so the paper got a lot of calls. At that time, newspapers and nightly news were peoples only source of "breaking news".

I was hoping to maybe find the basketball player article, but only found this...in 1933, the Capital Times in Madison ran this picture front page on 4/1. With an article claiming that the Capital building in Madison had been blown up and collapsed. Run that article today and you probably get sued. Proves Photoshopping even existed back then!

https://madison.com/april-fool-s-da...cle_f4097c56-638e-5f2a-ab23-d9c3686b292a.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
How soon I forget things! Last year the UW Athletic Department played an April Fools joke on everyone by releasing this little diddy on Social Media. Can you imagine Camp Randall with no Jump Around?

H

HardRightEdge

*** Demovsky
@NobDemovsky

·
9s

In a move that is sure to rock the NFL world, the Packers have traded Future Hall of Famer QB Aaron Rodgers to the Chicago Bears for Khalil Mack, Mitch Trubisky and 3 future first round picks.

*turns his calendar to April 1st and smiles*
Here are the cap numbers on the trade using overthecap:

Starting cap: $11.0 mil

Rodgers cap charge: -$29.5 mil

Oddly, spotrac does not reflect the increase in annual signing bonus charges starting in 2019 resulting from the Packers converting $11.4 mil in roster bonus to signing bonus.

Mack's cap charge: -$17.2
Trubiski's cap charge: -$4.4
Player 51 rolloff: +0.7 mil

Ending Top 51 Cap: -39.4 mil

From his time machine in the year 2023, Gutekunt stated, "We're in good position to win now. We're comfortable with our first round quarterbacks, Buster Bust from 2020 and Joe "Box of" Rocks from 2022 and expect a spirited competion in camp.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Here are the cap numbers on the trade using overthecap:

Starting cap: $11.0 mil

Rodgers cap charge: -$29.5 mil

Oddly, spotrac does not reflect the increase in annual signing bonus charges starting in 2019 resulting from the Packers converting $11.4 mil in roster bonus to signing bonus.

Mack's cap charge: -$17.2
Trubiski's cap charge: -$4.4
Player 51 rolloff: +0.7 mil

Ending Top 51 Cap: -39.4 mil

From his time machine in the year 2023, Gutekunt stated, "We're in good position to win now. We're comfortable with our first round quarterbacks, Buster Bust from 2020 and Joe "Box of" Rocks from 2022 and expect a spirited competion in camp.

Good work. Looks like they will have to cut Adams, Bahk, Clark, Linsley, Taylor, Amos, Savage, the Smith Brothers and a few more, to clear some cap space.....great trade! :coffee:

H

HardRightEdge

Good work. Looks like they will have to cut Adams, Bahk, Clark, Linsley, Taylor, Amos, Savage, the Smith Brothers and a few more, to clear some cap space.....great trade! :coffee:
Some of those guys would deduct from cap space, not add to it.

I'm not sure there are enough cuts across the whole roster to cover that amount once you start adding minimum rookies back in at $600,000 a pop. Just eyeballing it it might be close.

Returning to 2020 in his time machine, Gutekunst said, "Ball's just gonna move some money around."

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would that just be fitting if Mack broke Rodgers collar bone in their first game after switching teams, and Trubisky found his stride in Green Bay?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
ha! they couldn't get much for him anymore.
First of all, it's not even feasible for the Packers due to the cap hits.

Second, you must be drunk as hell if you don't think a team wouldn't give up a king's ransom for a potential 3-5 years of Aaron Rodgers. Especially a team that's just a quarterback away.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
LOL...I was only 45 minutes early, damn turning my calendar before I go to bed. :) I doubt anyone would believe that headline anyway and it still is out there, to maybe catch a few who would. :) Major April Fools stories are probably a lot harder to pull off with as tied into the internet as everyone now is.

My Dad was telling me that a local Madison Paper once ran a story about the Badger Basketball team signing a 7'6" player that de-commited from a major school and he was the best basketball player the world had ever seen. Turns out it was a 4/1 article, but didn't come right out and say "April fools", so the paper got a lot of calls. At that time, newspapers and nightly news were peoples only source of "breaking news".

I was hoping to maybe find the basketball player article, but only found this...in 1933, the Capital Times in Madison ran this picture front page on 4/1. With an article claiming that the Capital building in Madison had been blown up and collapsed. Run that article today and you probably get sued. Proves Photoshopping even existed back then!

https://madison.com/april-fool-s-da...cle_f4097c56-638e-5f2a-ab23-d9c3686b292a.html
I like the capital falling over to bad you didn’t have Godzilla knocking it over..

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, it's not even feasible for the Packers due to the cap hits.

Second, you must be drunk as hell if you don't think a team wouldn't give up a king's ransom for a potential 3-5 years of Aaron Rodgers. Especially a team that's just a quarterback away.
of course it's not feasible. i'm not advocating they trade him. that ship has passed...and no.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts