Aaron Jones

H

HardRightEdge

While Burton was inactive vs. the Vikings there's reason to believe he would have been active vs. Washington with King most likely missing the game.
Well, for one game they can handle another CB injury and still play 3 safety dime. If two CBs were to be injured, I might prefer Clinton-Dix playing a corner spot over Burton in nickel. If King is out longer, they may see the need to add a guy. They may like Brown or Redmond better anyway.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Aaron cuts into any time on Sunday it will be Ty's snaps, not Jamaal's. I think Jamaal will still get the majority of the work, and Ty and Aaron will split time spelling. So much good pass protection from Jamaal, you can't take him out with Aaron gimpy.

Jamaal Williams has played 12 pass block snaps this season. Yes, he's a better pass blocker than Jones but it's not like he's constantly in there blocking pass rushers. There's something to be said for having the best running back in the game and making the defense hesitate when rushing for fear that the running back will break free. Williams doesn't necessarily scare a defense the same way that Jones does.

D

Deleted member 6794

Jamaal Williams has played 12 pass block snaps this season. Yes, he's a better pass blocker than Jones but it's not like he's constantly in there blocking pass rushers.

I expected the number of snaps Williams was used as a pass blocker to be higher.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expected the number of snaps Williams was used as a pass blocker to be higher.
so did I, considering how often we pass and how often it seems they're showing him blocking out there. It seems like he's picked up at least that many blitzes in 2 games already at least

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Jones comes in and shows some amps. The passing game is just getting their footing after a bumpy start. I would love to see our runs popping off first downs like last year. Keep the defense from getting comfortable...
I put in graham over Cobb this week... 2 tds....100+ yds....

Reaction score
I think we should give the Redskins a healthy dose trio of our RBs early, both in the run and mixture of play action.
I’d also like to see more of Mercedes this week in conjunction with some TE sets.

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Use Monty as the hybrid and let Jones run amok.. I would run until it doesn't work.. Give A Rod a break and give him about 20-25 pass attempts.. pending run doesn't work.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Playing with a lead or even is going to favor Jones in terms of snaps. 2 minute offense or having to play catch up— anything that involves obvious passing situations— is going to favor Williams.

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Yeah as it is about running a two minute offense. When the game is on the line. Is to conserve and safe up your energy in those crucial times.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like Jones to show he can catch the ball. Not at all saying that he can't.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he is a special talent and is really good but MM is blind to these kind of things.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PFF breaks down pass blocking snaps and that's what he had after two games. Good example of why the eye test is often not great. People remember the great blitz pickup against the Bears and that stands out so we (and I include myself in this) automatically assume he's just out there pass blocking all the time.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping we see a little more Aaron Jones and a little less Ty Montgomery moving forward.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping we see a little more Aaron Jones and a little less Ty Montgomery moving forward.
Zero reason to take snaps away from Williams or Jones for Monty unless they are hurt. Both are significantly better at that position

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero reason to take snaps away from Williams or Jones for Monty unless they are hurt. Both are significantly better at that position

Monty does do some great things catching out of the backfield, he's much better at attacking coverages.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is competitive and typically when he's off his game he wants the ball, even if it means going away from the run game. He's had a few clunkers in his career where he wasn't playing well and we have a back averaging 5+ ypc with less than 10 carries. Getting Jones another 10 carries might have only added another 40-75 yards but it would have opened up the throw game and it would have slowed their pass rush. It also would have taken pressure off the Oline and the boys who are trying to protect Rodgers.