Aaron Jones

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do we think he brings to the offense in Washington and beyond?

We obviously saw his ability last year. He makes quick, decisive cuts and understands angles.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

On the other hand, Williams , and even Montgomery, appears more effective in blitz pickup, which is obviously essential with Rodgers being hurt.

Thoughts?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His ability to stay on the field and health and pass protections are the only questions, otherwise consistent runner with explosive play capability whenever he touches the ball. I love Williams, hard runner, nobody better at picking up blitzes. But MN didn't care about stopping him, they knew even if he busted a big one, it wasn't going to be 30-40-60 yards. It was going to be 2, 3, 6,3, 8, 2,3. Jones adds a whole other level of threat when he's on the field.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Williams is certainly better in pass pro, but Jones isn’t a sieve. He had some nice blocks in limited opportunities last year. I think he will see a lot of run if they are in positive game scripts, playing with a lead.

D

Deleted member 6794

Jones by far is our most talented back that we have

Jones offers a different dimension to the offense as a runner but he has to improve in pass protection to not be considered a liability the Packers can't afford to have on the field regularly.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Jones is 100 percent MM would be crazy not to make sure he gets at least 10 touches . Let him touch it early and see how he does. If he does good then feed the man! Then again we are talking about MM here.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Jones is 100 percent MM would be crazy not to make sure he gets at least 10 touches . Let him touch it early and see how he does. If he does good then feed the man! Then again we are talking about MM here.

I wouldn't expect to see him thrown in as the starter and getting the bulk of the carries right off the bat but he should be given every opportunity to earn that spot While Williams for sure and maybe even Montgomery are better blockers I have no doubt that Jones is the more explosive runner. Williams is averaging 3.4 YPC Leave him in on obvious passing downs to block but if Jones is able to boost the running game maybe there wouldn't be so many obvious passing downs. Right now every down is an obvious passing down when Williams is in there because defenses don't respect his running game, and I'm not sure they should. If i'm a defensive coordinator and I see Williams in the huddle I'm going to be focusing on the pass far moret han the run. Even more than usual considering it is the Packers.

I don't think Monty has had enough carries to draw much of a conclusion on him and each only has three receptions so they are obviously not being used in teh passing game. Hopefully Jones can change that trend.

D

Deleted member 6794

Deante Burton was waived to make space for Jones

I was surprised the Packers decided to release Burton as that leaves them with only five cornerbacks on the roster. Especially considering King is a long shot to play on Sunday.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I was surprised the Packers decided to release Burton as that leaves them with only five cornerbacks on the roster. Especially considering King is a long shot to play on Sunday.
Would Burton have even been active? Maybe King is closer to returning than we were told.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Pettine now has four safeties he’s comfortable playing with Jones coming back. That’s like a big reason why he’s ok going into this game with only 4 healthy corners.

D

Deleted member 6794

Would Burton have even been active? Maybe King is closer to returning than we were told.

While Burton was inactive vs. the Vikings there's reason to believe he would have been active vs. Washington with King most likely missing the game.

James from IL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Aaron cuts into any time on Sunday it will be Ty's snaps, not Jamaal's. I think Jamaal will still get the majority of the work, and Ty and Aaron will split time spelling. So much good pass protection from Jamaal, you can't take him out with Aaron gimpy.