Aaron Jones Should Take Over At RB Now

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guy runs with pad level low, is shifty, can shoot through holes, just seems a more natural fit at RB than Ty, and seems to be what we were missing in Starks and Lacy last year. I say keep him at number 1.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked what I have seen so far, and seemed to be the most productive in preseason, though competition played a factor. Seems to have more of an NFL skillset than I thought.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A name to keep in mind if there is multiple injuries to our rbs is rashad Jennings there were talks about this during the preseason

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could be a chance that Green Bay ships a late pick for lacy if Seattle would give him up he was inactive for them rotting away they are gonna have to sign someone

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could be a chance that Green Bay ships a late pick for lacy if Seattle would give him up he was inactive for them rotting away they are gonna have to sign someone

Nah, I liked the guy but that ship has run its course. Jones and Williams when he gets back give MM's offense more of what it should have.

I also think with Adams's situation, you move Montgomery back to wide out.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think so too but Williams injury could be bad didn't look good and Monty is gonna be out for a while they are gonna have to bring someone in.. maybe our other undrafted rookie Khalid Phillips we had in preseason idk I'm sure something if there injuries aren't good

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy would be ideal for games like this though...

You want a "bigger" or "heavy" guy to wear down defenses when we're up

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can already hear Thompson yelling, "Hey Melon, get your uniform on!" McCarthy will then have to draw up a Triple Lindy formation, similar to the inverted wishbone.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked what I saw too, but you can see where his deficiencies are. He runs well, bounces in and out. He's quick, that TD was great, find the crease and hit it behind those guys. He runs hard. But I think a blitzer could sack Rodgers by tossing Jones into him. Like when I used to make my little brother run and I'd throw all those couch pillows at his feet to trip him up.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Another reactionary thread based off of one game.

I was impressed, but lets pump the brakes just a wee bit.

EDIT: if you're referring to while Ty is out then I digress.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I assume that Montgomery is out for several weeks, depending on the severity of the broken ribs. The severity of William's knee injury will also play into it, but I suspect that our other two rookie running backs will be getting their chance to share the backfield with Ripkowski.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones and mays both have good potential. Ripkowski will keep things stable. Cobb might get a couple more carries now... we are fine.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another reactionary thread based off of one game.

I was impressed, but lets pump the brakes just a wee bit.

EDIT: if you're referring to while Ty is out then I digress.

Well, lord knows how long that will be. Plus, as I already mentioned, let's remember Davante Adams is out with a serious injury, and a real serious one. You just can't rush a guy back with that one, and I'm very worried his career might already be in jeopardy. While I'm not for removing Ty from the backfield, we might not have a choice once he gets back.

I'm not against bringing Lacy back, but he was injury prone too and even though he's opened up about his weight issues, I'm not hearing the Packer brass saying he's coming back. I just think Jones gives that combo of speed and some power that we need and he's not on the steep learning curve that Montgomery is still faced with.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think bringing back Lacy is a no-brainer (if he is cut by Seattle)

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think bringing back Lacy is a no-brainer (if he is cut by Seattle)

Why would it be a no brainer?

Monty isn't exactly lost for the season, even if Williams is we still have two drafted rookie RBs and if Lacy is cut it'll mean he's so far gone as to not even being worth keeping on a team that signed him to sizeable deal just a few months ago and one that actually wants to play a smash mouth style which is what should be the most effective style for Lacy to play.

I defended Lacy but when I heard he weighed in more than Nick freaking Perry WHILE he was shoping himself around for a new contract I was thrilled we weren't the team that gave it to him.

We drafted 3 RBs this past offseason. No reason to hit the panic button yet