A trade that will be talked about for yrs

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hilarious that some fans around here have come to the conclusion that Rodgers is an average quarterback. I'm quite sure all of you will realize how fortunate the Packers were to have two consecutive HOFers starting for the past 30 years pretty soon.

Rodgers is still very above average, but he's not playing at a HOF level anymore.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not take any player on thier roster other than Mahomes to begin with. Hill is one pissed off girl friends phone call away from being banned from the nfl for good.

Really? You wouldn't take Travis Kelce?

Chris Jones?

Frank Clark?

Sammi Watkins?

Really? I would.

D

Deleted member 6794

And its sad that so many fans live in the past.

We are extremely fortunate to have had back to back HOF players at QB. I believe the only other pair is Montana/Young. Not sure why you think why you think that would have escaped anyone's notice. Just because Rodgers played to the level of HOF, doesn't mean he still does.

Rodgers hasn't performed at an HOF level over the past few seasons but to consider him an average veteran is completely off base.

Rodgers is still very above average, but he's not playing at a HOF level anymore.

I didn't say he is.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers hasn't performed at an HOF level over the past few seasons but to consider him an average veteran is completely off base.
I don't think Rodgers played in the top 10 last season. As there are 32 QBs in the league 16.5 is the median. If you are within 10-15% of the median, i would lump that in with the average crowd. Yes you can selectively look at some of the stats but the conglomerate stats put him 14 to 16 range if I recall correctly.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stat wise, he wasn't elite. Performance wise, I'd say he looked like an average QB at times for sure. But he also did things the average guys don't ever do, and he still did them pretty much every game. An average QB doesn't get us to 14 wins last year.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't think Rodgers played in the top 10 last season. As there are 32 QBs in the league 16.5 is the median. If you are within 10-15% of the median, i would lump that in with the average crowd. Yes you can selectively look at some of the stats but the conglomerate stats put him 14 to 16 range if I recall correctly.

Rodgers performed slightly above average last season because of various reasons but that doesn't make him an average veteran going forward.

D

Deleted member 6794

That is correct. At his age the trend is usually downward.

I don't expect Rodgers to perform at the level he did in 2011 anymore but with enough talent around him he's more than capable of winning another Super Bowl.

Unfortunately I don't believe Gutekunst has done enough to improve the positions in need of an upgrade on offense.

Members online

Latest posts