A trade that will be talked about for yrs

Bojack

"All pro DL , you sure the hell dont play like it"
Reaction score
Gute calls Bill and ask with the lack of Qb tallent on your roster Edelman will want out and you need more Rb tallent. We have this young man Jamal Williams that fits what you do. I will send you him and a 5th rounder for Edelman. Pats respond with Hmmm that is tempting but we really like Julles. Gute says ok how about jamal and Mvs. Pats, deal. good doing business with ya any chance on Aaron........ Click. Gute then makes his next call. Jason , Bruce hows it going every one healthy great to hear. So i am sure you fine gentleman heard we have Edelman. Yes we have. What you want for him? Oh I really like that Godwin and howard on your roster but they are young and unproven. Bucs ask what else you need they are good locker room guys we are giving you 2 players and your Qb will be happy again. Gute yeah true but let me sweaten the deal Julles and Lane Taylor for Godwin ,Howard and a 4th rd pick. Bucs you throw in a 6th to us and its a deal. Bucs. Hey while your on the phone Gute any chance on Aaron...... click. Gutes next phone call. Aaron saw your post up in the mountains hope your getting some much deserved Rnr. Aaron I am, whats up? I got to tell ya to check out your new toys. Aaron. Hmmm you got me Edelman for a day I see. Gute yeah Love said he liked Godwins youth over Edlemans age.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gute calls Bill and ask with the lack of Qb tallent on your roster Edelman will want out and you need more Rb tallent. We have this young man Jamal Williams that fits what you do. I will send you him and a 5th rounder for Edelman. Pats respond with Hmmm that is tempting but we really like Julles. Gute says ok how about jamal and Mvs. Pats, deal. good doing business with ya any chance on Aaron........ Click. Gute then makes his next call. Jason , Bruce hows it going every one healthy great to hear. So i am sure you fine gentleman heard we have Edelman. Yes we have. What you want for him? Oh I really like that Godwin and howard on your roster but they are young and unproven. Bucs ask what else you need they are good locker room guys we are giving you 2 players and your Qb will be happy again. Gute yeah true but let me sweaten the deal Julles and Lane Taylor for Godwin ,Howard and a 4th rd pick. Bucs you throw in a 6th to us and its a deal. Bucs. Hey while your on the phone Gute any chance on Aaron...... click. Gutes next phone call. Aaron saw your post up in the mountains hope your getting some much deserved Rnr. Aaron I am, whats up? I got to tell ya to check out your new toys. Aaron. Hmmm you got me Edelman for a day I see. Gute yeah Love said he liked Godwins youth over Edlemans age.

I appreciate the enthusiasm of this post. Edelman would be a good get, but I think the league knows we have a hole on the offense and will charge us interest for any transaction at this point. I'm sure they'll wait to see who's cut.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Ok, so in this scenario, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers trade the Green Bay Packers Chris Godwin, O.J. Howard, and a 4th round pick for Julian Edelman, Lane Taylor, and a 6th?

Godwin is 24 and coming off a massive year.

Howard is 25 and has potential to be the best TE in the league.

Edelman is 34 and hasn't ever had a season to match Godwin's 2019 in 10 tries.

Taylor is a 30 year old replacement level guard in a contract year.

Why don't we just see if they would give us Wirfs and Mike Evans for Josh Jackson while we're at it? Maybe one of our new UDFA's for Devin White? A bag of footballs for Shaq Barrett?

My favorite part are the draft picks. That's just such a nice cherry on top... not only do we get the young studs, but the better pick two!

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, so in this scenario, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers trade the Green Bay Packers Chris Godwin, O.J. Howard, and a 4th round pick for Julian Edelman, Lane Taylor, and a 6th?

Why don't we just see if they would give us Wirfs and Mike Evans for Josh Jackson while we're at it? Maybe one of our new UDFA's for Devin White? A bag of footballs for Shaq Barrett?

My favorite part are the draft picks. That's just such a nice cherry on top... not only do we get the young studs, but the better pick two!

Here's a question that gave me some pause... Would you trade both Love and Rodgers for Mahomes?

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously yes. That's not even a question.

Obviously a side track... But where it gave me pause was how much of their success is the system and weapons? Mahomes would have neither here. It seems like they have stocked shelves in KC and we're moving deeper into Lafleurs system with some question marks. I don't know that he'd have more success here at this point than Rodgers. Then Love is the big unknown.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously a side track... But where it gave me pause was how much of their success is the system and weapons? Mahomes would have neither here. It seems like they have stocked shelves in KC and we're moving deeper into Lafleurs system with some question marks. I don't know that he'd have more success here at this point than Rodgers. Then Love is the big unknown.

Mahomes is not a system QB. He's young, and probably the best QB in the league. Rodgers is old and declining, and we have no idea about Love. If he works out perfectly, he still probably won't be as good as Mahomes.

It's really not a question that takes more than a second of thought.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If we're just fantasizing, how about Kansas City trades us their entire roster for a fifth-round pick?

Okay....A fourth round pick. But that's it!

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This reminds me of when I would play Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball on my N64 like 20 years ago and just trade all my excess crap in 3 for 1 deals for stars and then sign mediocre free agents and trade them for more stars and repeat the process til I had a team of stars.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only way this would be remotely possible is if Bill O'Brien was the GM of all the other teams. And even he probably wouldn't do it.

OP
OP
Bojack

Bojack

Reaction score
If we're just fantasizing, how about Kansas City trades us their entire roster for a fifth-round pick?

Okay....A fourth round pick. But that's it!
I would not take any player on thier roster other than Mahomes to begin with. Hill is one pissed off girl friends phone call away from being banned from the nfl for good.

OP
OP
Bojack

Bojack

Reaction score

Howard will not be a buc for the whole 2020 season. He is the 3rd best Te on this team. Godwin had 1 good yr if ya want to crown his *** then crown his ***. I think you forget Tom brady is pulling the strings here and they stand better chance to win with Jullian then Godwin with no or shortened training camp with a guy you they have only watched on tv the bucs dont give a crap what happens in 2 yrs if they did they would have drafted a 2nd rnd Qb

OP
OP
Bojack

Bojack

Reaction score
Godwin is unproven?

He just put up 86/1333/9.
One yr is not proven ask the jags on the superbowl winning qb they signed. 3 yrs of those numbers mean he is proven if i was 41 and played with a guy for 10 yrs and you told me i can have him back going into a season with no training camp. I would be pissed if you didn't answer that phone call

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we were to trade MVS for Edelman, NE would have to throw in some draft picks.

OP
OP
Bojack

Bojack

Reaction score
If we were to trade MVS for Edelman, NE would have to throw in some draft picks.
And jamall williams. People are taking this way to serious we have nothing to cheer us up from that draft. On a side note I have been digging into the Udfa we signed I feel 2 could make this team all be the practice squad or 53 I like Patrick taylor and the Lb from Utah State Tipa

Reaction score
;)This trade will be talked about for years alright.. at Comedy Central!
:laugh:
That was actually pretty funny. Love it !

OP
OP
Bojack

Bojack

Reaction score
;)This trade will be talked about for years alright.. at Comedy Central!
:laugh:
That was actually pretty funny. Love it !
Mosty likely at the tavern 6 miller lites and a round of cheese curds in . Some people took it way to serious did ya like at the end that i put Gute told aaron, Love liked the other guy more

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not take any player on thier roster other than Mahomes to begin with. Hill is one pissed off girl friends phone call away from being banned from the nfl for good.

Well they did just win the Super Bowl. I would take a couple players from their roster.

OP
OP
Bojack

Bojack

Reaction score
Well they did just win the Super Bowl. I would take a couple players from their roster.
The are a good team i stress team. They made good moves on draft day as well. But. A guy named Andy and Eric are a big reason for that. I exspect to see them battle the ravens for yrs to come.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Howard will not be a buc for the whole 2020 season. He is the 3rd best Te on this team. Godwin had 1 good yr if ya want to crown his *** then crown his ***. I think you forget Tom brady is pulling the strings here and they stand better chance to win with Jullian then Godwin with no or shortened training camp with a guy you they have only watched on tv the bucs dont give a crap what happens in 2 yrs if they did they would have drafted a 2nd rnd Qb

That trade isn't even close to thinking about being realistic. I'm sorry.

D

Deleted member 6794

Hahaha. Yeah, of course. The best QB in football for an average vet on the decline and an unproven rookie?

It's hilarious that some fans around here have come to the conclusion that Rodgers is an average quarterback. I'm quite sure all of you will realize how fortunate the Packers were to have two consecutive HOFers starting for the past 30 years pretty soon.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hilarious that some fans around here have come to the conclusion that Rodgers is an average quarterback. I'm quite sure all of you will realize how fortunate the Packers were to have two consecutive HOFers starting for the past 30 years pretty soon.
And its sad that so many fans live in the past.

We are extremely fortunate to have had back to back HOF players at QB. I believe the only other pair is Montana/Young. Not sure why you think why you think that would have escaped anyone's notice. Just because Rodgers played to the level of HOF, doesn't mean he still does.

Members online

Latest posts