A Draft that shores up WR, LB, and RB

Jason Edens

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well those were some fun reads.....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Lol, I just get tired of passive aggressive personal attacks. I am sure I took it way too far. It seems like some people think that most teams have Gilmore, Ramsey, and Willis as their starting 3 corner backs. Right now our most solid position groups are CB, S, DE/OLB, RB and K. OL isn't far behind depending on signings. WR, ILB, DL are the biggest weak spots, followed by TE, and quality depth at QB which we really can only pray that Rodgers stays healthy and progresses in the system next year due to his massive contract. Yet I am portrayed as the person who doesn't know anything because *gasp* I disagreed with people saying otherwise.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Technically, it appears that some people were not aware that I was correct. They were telling me that I need to learn how free agency works before my opinions should even be considered. Well technically they were wrong, and they need to learn how it works, and maybe their opinion shouldn't be considered. Before everyone jumped in on the technicalities, my point in the argument was me saying that Corner Back is not remotely our biggest need for this offseason. Corner back is not even remotely close to being a need on the roster. Im not your buddy, guy...
Let me know when Tramon is cut another check from his current contract for this team. LOL

Technically,

Technically you're being an....nevermind not worth it.

This guy was right.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Since when is it "passive aggressive" to tell someone exactly why they're wrong.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Lol, I just get tired of passive aggressive personal attacks. I am sure I took it way too far.

Yes, you did, but most of us have at some point had the "Fight or die mentality." In this case it was pretty clear what both sides were trying to say, I'm just glad that no mothers were scorned or shamed in the process! ;)

Jason Edens

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me know when Tramon is cut another check from his current contract for this team. LOL

Technically,

This guy was right.

He is on the roster right now. No one on the current roster is getting a check between now and March 18th smart guy. Quit be so passive aggressive towards me smart guy. You lost the argument as to whether or not he is on the Green Bay Packers roster right now. When you are technically wrong, you are wrong.

Since when is it "passive aggressive" to tell someone exactly why they're wrong.

Because I am right. He is on the roster, he isn't a free agent until March 18th. Passive aggressive is due to the weak attacks on my personally. My opinion doesn't matter until I know how free agency works... That type of stuff.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Technically, it appears that some people were not aware that I was correct. They were telling me that I need to learn how free agency works before my opinions should even be considered. Well technically they were wrong, and they need to learn how it works, and maybe their opinion shouldn't be considered. Before everyone jumped in on the technicalities, my point in the argument was me saying that Corner Back is not remotely our biggest need for this offseason. Corner back is not even remotely close to being a need on the roster. Im not your buddy, guy...

If your point was telling people that CB isn't our biggest need, well congratulations! Nobody said it was! So good for you on making a needless point. I'm proud of you!

And yes, CB isn't even CLOSE to a need. Why, starting March 15, not 18, we'll have Jaire, King (one year on contract), Josh Jackson (done nothing in 2 years), Chandon Sullivan (done ok), and Hollman (late round pick who has done nothing). Spectacular depth there. I can see why you wouldn't want to do anything with that position group, why, it's downright stellar!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
He is on the roster right now. No one on the current roster is getting a check between now and March 18th smart guy. Quit be so passive aggressive towards me smart guy. You lost the argument as to whether or not he is on the Green Bay Packers roster right now. When you are technically wrong, you are wrong.

Because I am right. He is on the roster, he isn't a free agent until March 18th. Passive aggressive is due to the weak attacks on my personally. My opinion doesn't matter until I know how free agency works... That type of stuff.

That's not passive. That's a pretty direct statement of my opinion.

If you think it makes sense to plan around an unsigned 2020 free agent being on the field this season simply because FA doesn't open for a couple weeks, then you are demonstrating that your grasp of all this is so poor, or your logic so inane, that I don't really care to waste my time on what else you have to say.

Why aren't you making the same argument about Martinez? You specifically talk about Akeem Davis-Gaither making us forget him in your mock draft. Don't you know he's still on the roster??

Jason Edens

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure anybody has called me "passive aggressive" on this site before.

I must be improving!

Lol, I got railroaded and the debate went into ludicrous mode. My original point was that CB is not a position group of need right now. The secondary as a whole is a very solid group by most NFL standards. We have much more glaring needs that should be addressed before CB. Outside of Tramon retiring, it is extremely likely he is on the Packer's roster come training camp. If he does end up elsewhere we still have a solid core of CBs behind him. Our 4th, and 5th option are pretty good compared to the rest of the NFL. If Okuddah falls to us at #30 I say draft him. Other than that, we have no reason to draft a CB until day 3 depending on who falls once again.

That's not passive. That's a pretty direct statement of my opinion.

If you think it makes sense to plan around an unsigned 2020 free agent being on the field this season simply because FA doesn't open for a couple weeks, then you are demonstrating that your grasp of all this is so poor, or your logic so inane, that I don't really care to waste my time on what else you have to say.

Why aren't you making the same argument about Martinez? You specifically talk about Akeem Davis-Gaither making us forget him in your mock draft. Don't you know he's still on the roster??

I have not spoken about Akeem Davis-Gaither ever. You have me confused with someone else bro. I am specifically saying that ILB is a position of need. WR, ILB are our biggest positions of need. Followed by DL. I watched the championship game and we couldn't stop the run if we wanted too. Maybe you have me confused with someone else. We can put Josh in place of Tramon if needed and be ok. He hasn't been used well in our defense but that doesn't mean he isn't a good player. I expect Tramon to be back in Green Bay or at home, most experts do as well.

Jason Edens

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If your point was telling people that CB isn't our biggest need, well congratulations! Nobody said it was! So good for you on making a needless point. I'm proud of you!

And yes, CB isn't even CLOSE to a need. Why, starting March 15, not 18, we'll have Jaire, King (one year on contract), Josh Jackson (done nothing in 2 years), Chandon Sullivan (done ok), and Hollman (late round pick who has done nothing). Spectacular depth there. I can see why you wouldn't want to do anything with that position group, why, it's downright stellar!

Uh yes, I was arguing with people saying that CB is a big need on the team and worthy of one of our top 3 picks. If you aren't following along in that argument, then don't interject yourself in that argument. Josh Jackson as a #3 is better than most #3's in the NFL. He has experience and has shown flashes. Sullivan is ok too. Our #3, #4, #5 CB is better than most teams in the NFL (including Tramon). Everyone expects Tramon on the roster in 2020. Even if he retires, CB is not remotely a position of need for the draft or free agency. Read the title of the thread ffs. WR LB and RB and RB is not remotely a position of need this year either by the way. I am proud of you for butting into a conversation to take ignorant pot shots at me when you agree with what I am saying if you would have read the whole conversation. JFC.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I never said he wasn’t on our roster right now smart guy. Now quit being so pissy about everything. You’re not stupid so quit being so abrasive. Save it for when it matters. Not every post needs to be a battle.

Jason Edens

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never said he wasn’t on our roster right now smart guy. Now quit being so pissy about everything. You’re not stupid so quit being so abrasive. Save it for when it matters. Not every post needs to be a battle.

Go back and read your previous posts to me, and tell me once again you never said he wasn't on our roster... Your posts are so over the top passive agressive it is ridiculous. "quit being so pissy" "You're not stupid so quit being so abrasive" "Save it for when it matters" "Not every post needs to be a battle"...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go back and read your previous posts to me, and tell me once again you never said he wasn't on our roster... Your posts are so over the top passive agressive it is ridiculous. "quit being so pissy" "You're not stupid so quit being so abrasive" "Save it for when it matters" "Not every post needs to be a battle"...
well I can't read it to you, but I'll post it up here and feel free to point it out.

Technically i'm sure everybody knows they are still technically on the roster, just like we all know it means nothing as there isn't a single practice, OTA, team get together, paintballing, bowling activity or game scheduled in that time and there is absolutely zero that will be done in that time and their contributions to this team will be zero unless they sign a new contract for when things start to matter again.

When people start basing arguments on things like this, they have lost most of their credibility because it's ******* pointless. No **** he's under contract. Let me know his pass defenses under this contract for the next game will ya? Thanks bud.

I think twice I said he IS currently under contract. I'm not being passive aggressive, i'm telling you to quit being pissy. How much more direct do I need to be? When you go to lengths like this to "win" an argument, you're right, it's ridiculous. and it is true, not every post needs to be a battle.

Jason Edens

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well I can't read it to you, but I'll post it up here and feel free to point it out.

I think twice I said he IS currently under contract. I'm not being passive aggressive, i'm telling you to quit being pissy. How much more direct do I need to be? When you go to lengths like this to "win" an argument, you're right, it's ridiculous. and it is true, not every post needs to be a battle.

And yet you felt the need to interject yourself into the conversation and belittle me while you were at it. I will be direct since you can't. Is cornerback an important need for the Green Bay Packers in 2020? If you say no, you agree with me. Yes or no question. It is a direct question.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Uh yes, I was arguing with people saying that CB is a big need on the team and worthy of one of our top 3 picks. If you aren't following along in that argument, then don't interject yourself in that argument. Josh Jackson as a #3 is better than most #3's in the NFL. He has experience and has shown flashes. Sullivan is ok too. Our #3, #4, #5 CB is better than most teams in the NFL (including Tramon). Everyone expects Tramon on the roster in 2020. Even if he retires, CB is not remotely a position of need for the draft or free agency. Read the title of the thread ffs. WR LB and RB and RB is not remotely a position of need this year either by the way. I am proud of you for butting into a conversation to take ignorant pot shots at me when you agree with what I am saying if you would have read the whole conversation. JFC.

Oof...

Jason Edens

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Oof... That is your informative response. Name the #3 CBs that you rank above Josh Jackson and Tramon Williams in the NFL. Go ahead. Oops I am calling you out directly Dantes. Waiting for your informative post on all of these #3 CBs in the league that are better than ours. Come on. Post them. I expect at least 16 examples. You need 31 examples to humilate me. Get to work. I will help you. You are a child, have no idea what you are talking about, and oof, you can't back up anything you say with facts. Hence you post oof.

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jason I think you're taking this WAY to personally...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And yet you felt the need to interject yourself into the conversation and belittle me while you were at it. I will be direct since you can't. Is cornerback an important need for the Green Bay Packers in 2020? If you say no, you agree with me. Yes or no question. It is a direct question.
I did feel the need to, as it was getting ridiculous with the back and forth. Trying to "win" based on that argument was petty IMO so I said it. and I'll give the same answer here I have in many other places. I don't think DB is our most pressing need, but I would not be surprised at all to see one taken in the first 3 rounds, round 1 included if the players fall that way.

If there is highly rated DB and a moderately rated OT, i'm taking DB. I'm not going to pretend to know how the draft will play out with which players going where. If Bulaga is re-signed, I still see taking OT, or DL or WR if the value is there at 30 over what we might get at 60something.

That may have been to round a bout. So to answer the question "Is DB an important need"? I'm going to say yes I guess, because a first 3 round pick is a pretty valuable pick and I can see us taking one there. But I do not think it is our most important need.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Big need does not equal biggest need. Fundamental difference, son.

Josh Jackson hardly got on the field. When he did, it generally wasn't pretty. So how in the heck is he better than most #3 CB's in the NFL?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Oof... That is your informative response. Name the #3 CBs that you rank above Josh Jackson and Tramon Williams in the NFL. Go ahead. Oops I am calling you out directly Dantes. Waiting for your informative post on all of these #3 CBs in the league that are better than ours. Come on. Post them. I expect at least 16 examples. You need 31 examples to humilate me. Get to work. I will help you. You are a child, have no idea what you are talking about, and oof, you can't back up anything you say with facts. Hence you post oof.

Josh Jackson was so bad as a rookie that he got buried on the depth chart and played less than 10% of the snaps this most recent season. When he did play, it was often at safety, not corner. He was a 5th corner in 2019, not a 3rd corner. And you're trying to say that he's better than most of the 3rd corners in the league? You have no basis for that.

It's possible that he could improve, but there's no evidence that he has or that he will. So it's ridiculous to say that he's a top half CB3 in this league. Every single #3 corner in the NFL who didn't get completely embarrassed and benched last year has a stronger case than he does.

Jason Edens

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big need does not equal biggest need. Fundamental difference, son.

Josh Jackson hardly got on the field. When he did, it generally wasn't pretty. So how in the heck is he better than most #3 CB's in the NFL?

I am not your son. Quit being a passive agressive *****. Name the other #3 CBS that he is worse than. If you can't than just shut the **** up.

Josh Jackson was so bad as a rookie that he got buried on the depth chart and played less than 10% of the snaps this most recent season. When he did play, it was often at safety, not corner. He was a 5th corner in 2019, not a 3rd corner. And you're trying to say that he's better than most of the 3rd corners in the league? You have no basis for that.

It's possible that he could improve, but there's no evidence that he has or that he will. So it's ridiculous to say that he's a top half CB3 in this league. Every single #3 corner in the NFL who didn't get completely embarrassed and benched last year has a stronger case than he does.

You have yet to name the other CBs that you think are better than Josh Jackson at #4 CB on our roster. Go ahead and do it. Quit being a negative nancy without anything to back up your position.

Members online

Latest posts