1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

81-year-old fan was at 1941 Bears-Packers game

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackerDan, Jan 18, 2011.

1. PackerDan

PackerDan Cheesehead

Jan 16, 2011
  2. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Dec 24, 2007
    OK, just RTFA. Kinda cool, even if he *is* a Bears fan! :)
  3. PWT

PWT Cheesehead

Jan 23, 2009
    I was a 5 year old Green Bay youngster, who lived on East side of Green Bay in December of 1941. I have no memory recollection of the Packers playing the Bears in Chicago in December 1941. I do have memory of news coming over the radio that Pearl Harbor being bombed by the Japanese on December 7th , 1941. It was start of World World War II, which lasted from 1941 to 1946. I would be in 10 years old before the W II ended in 1946.

By 1946, I was well aware of the game of football and I was collecting Bowman football and baseball cards fo r the first time. I collected football and baseball cards from 1946 to 1954. Topps joined the sports Cards industry in about 1950 .

The Cost of pack of 5 Bowman and Topps Baseball or football cards and one stick of Bubblegum was 5 cents
    from 1946 to the 1950's.
    • Like Like x 1