49ers -- NFCCG (who'da thunk these 2 teams in August)

PACKAR2020

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We had so many injuries to key guys that didn't play against New Orleans.....NO Tart, Kwon or ford.

We still won...
49ers fans making excuses on their D down the stretch and saying injuries here and there.
We had so many injuries to key guys that didn't play against New Orleans.....NO Tart, Kwon or ford.

We still won...
The Saints had 5 key starters out and Payton made 2 terrible decisions, going for 2, 1st quarter and fake punt. Saints should’ve won. Your point? Like most 49ers fans making excuses. 49ers are the best team in the NFC. In these playoffs the beat team doesn’t always win. Ask the Ravens and Saints. We’ll see.

Reaction score
If Seattle can go toe to toe with the Niners twice,
most recently with a banged up team and a 4th string RB? I don’t exactly call the 49ers dominant. I see them recently with lots of highly talented independent players, but somewhat disjointed and not playing entirely cohesive. They’ve relied on raw individual talent until now.
What should be a 49ers confident swagger.. is more leaning a inexperienced arrogance that leaves a window of opportunity for GB to steal this game similar to what Russell nearly did at the 3” yard line.

Even an inconsistent GB team beat up the Vikings both at MN and GB. That’s a poor measure of being dominant and will only lead to disappointment if left untethered.

Last edited:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quick throws will only get you so far. Staying in the pocket for more than 2 seconds is not really a option for these guys.

The clear weakness of 49ers is mobile QBs.

We should stack up on play action and have AR rolling out to make the long passes or run the ball himself. Take some time and some WR will get free.

We need the big plays.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay doesn't play running quarterbacks well at all...Jimmy G is a solid NFL QB but isn't a runner...this is a good thing.

Green Bay doesn't play top level TE's well....Kittle is 100% possibly the best or top 3 TE IMO...this is a bad thing.

Green Bay doesn't play football in 2019 on West Coast....this is 2020...praying the curse is over LOL

Green Bay appears to be getting their 3rd down and quick passing game clicking FINALLY...this is a good thing.

Green Bay forces turnovers and typically protects the ball better than SF...this is a good thing.

San Francisco is at home, are ROLLING and have a STUD defense....this is a bad thing.

I have the faith it is possible to win, but gonna be tough.

GB - 27
SF - 24

isocleas2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm proud of how well the Packers played this year and I think they'll be even better next season.

I just hate this matchup. The 49ers running game + top receiving tight end combo has been this teams kryptonite. Their defense is top notch now that they're healthy too.

I'll be cheering for the pack but expecting a loss.

Packers 17
49ers 27

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rex Ryan jets were destroyed by pats 45 to 3? Near end of season

Playoffs in Foxborough..

Jets won..

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not exactly a newsflash that the 49er's are good. Big surprise, if we block and tackle like we did the last game, the outcome will likely be very similar.

But I think we'll do much better against that rush this time, we have to. If we do, it's going to be a much different game than a few of our own, I hesitate to call them our own because they just watch for reasons to tell us how we suck, but if we can keep that rush out, i expect a very different game.

It's to get to the Super Bowl, it's going to take a big effort and game, as it should to advance to the big one.

TylerD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the pack play the way they did in the first half against Seattle they win this. Simple as that.

if they play the way they did in the second half...... that might be scary.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah a win is a win though. In all seriousness, what scares me most about the Pack is AR12. The man is badazz and can single handedly wreck a defense.

He really did look more like his old self last night. We've been waiting to see that AR12 all season long. Now is a great time for him to return to form. We hope we see a repeat of that on Sunday. :D

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jimmy G doesn't throw long and Sanders is the WR to watch out. Debo is good for a couple of key receptions to keep the chains moving....We really need out ILB's on top form.

Some stats from their game vs Vikings:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Kittle should be the major worry.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the pack play the way they did in the first half against Seattle they win this. Simple as that.

if they play the way they did in the second half...... that might be scary.
yup. it would take a complete game from them though. something they've yet to do this season even against poor teams. miracles can happen. *fingers crossed*

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
While the packers certainly need to play better than they did last night to walk out of Levi Stadium with a win next weekend, there is one thing I need to bring up. 5 years ago in the NFC championship the packers were 7.5 point underdogs to Seattle. The packers were beating the Seahawks on the road pretty substantially, before a few miracle plays led to Seattle going to the superbowl. While part of us may feel that this would be the outcome again, should they gain a lead against the niners, I have to say there is one key difference between the 2014 packers and the 2019 packers: Za'Darius Smith. Z is absolutely relentless. I have never witnessed a player in Green and Gold with so much heart, energy and fire on the defensive side of the ball. In 2014, Clay Matthews sat the majority of the second half because, "he was tired." The leader of the front 7 at the time took himself out of the game. That would never be a consideration for Z. This team has a chance, because the leader of the defense will not give up.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a chance. If we limit our mistakes and capitalize on any opportunity. AR needs to get the ball out quickly.

Stanley

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course anything can happen, but with all due respect, the 49ers should and will be heavy favorites in this game.

Although they’re the number 1 seed, their players are still relatively unknown and rightfully so because they haven’t won anything yet.

That being said the talent level on defense is not comparable, and the 9ers will have huge pieces in Kwon and Ford back to bolster the pass rush and pass defense even more than last time. Staley is also back and he and McGlinchey are looking like their usual selves again.

The offense is clicking and rounding into shape. Deebo Samuel is a handful, never mind Kittle and Sanders.

Green Bays offense, yes AR is back there, but if he continues to hold to the ball, it won’t be pretty again. Devante Adams, Ok, but no one else should be too much to handle.

You can’t compare Seattle’s games to yourselves. Seattle has not only whipped out butts for years, but like any divisional rival, they know our team inside and out and have held a huge mental advantage over the 49ers. Poo poo the stop at the goal line, but at the end of the day they weren’t good enough to punch in that final score and the 9ers FINALLY won in Seattle.

Wrapping up, I believe the 49ers have the better coaches, the better scheme, the better locker room, and will want it more than the Packers will.

My two cents - could be wrong, but the way the 9ers have been gelling, and surviving the gauntlet stretch of games at the end of the season, I am highly confident this will be another win for them.

Members online

Latest posts