49ers -- NFCCG (who'da thunk these 2 teams in August)

Reaction score
There’s so much history with GB and Seattle in the playoffs in recent years. This is a fitting playoff finish as we can redeem ourselves twice back to back against 2 teams that ended our playoff hopes.

I wonder if it’s not to our psychological advantage that we got beat handily last time. If SF takes us even as closely as light as their fans do, they’re going to be dismayed.
IF somehow GB gets out into a lead or is being competitive after halftime, someone’s going to be poo-pooing their pants in SF :poop:

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There’s so much history with GB and Seattle in the playoffs in recent years. This is a fitting playoff finish as we can redeem ourselves twice back to back against 2 teams that ended our playoff hopes.

I wonder if it’s not to our psychological advantage that we got beat handily last time. If SF takes us even as closely as light as their fans do, they’re going to be dismayed.
IF somehow GB gets out into a lead or is being competitive after halftime, someone’s going to be poo-pooing their pants in SF
Tbh we have more of a history with San Fran than we do with Seattle.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you guys think of Seattle and use of extra Offensive linesman (George Fant)?

Should we explore something with both Bulaga and Veldheer to help the run. Force the 49ers to stock LBs to defend against the run so AR has more opportunities to throw?

Probably a bit too much tinkering for last minute, I think...but against a potent D-Line like 49ers, worth the tinkering?

Reaction score
A couple other observations. SF plays fast (not as fast as KC did though) But GB made lots of mental mistakes. More than normal IMO.

There were some mismatches:

Alex Light had trouble and at times got overwhelmed. Bosa lined up on him when Bulaga was out. That likely won’t happen next weekend.

JK Scott’s longest punt was 41 yards. One of his punts didn’t make it 30 yards with :35 sec left in the half, and setup SF for a long FG with no time remaining. It was a gifted 3 points to get behind 0-23. JK could trip through most games and do better. It was one of his worst showings this year IMO.

Tremon Smith did everything he could do to net -1 per punt. He Also barely made the 20 yard line on 2 KR. The only thing worse would’ve been a fumble. Thats very unlikely to happen with Tyler Ervin.

Kittle was left roaming free most of the night. He ran through our middle zone like a hot knife through soft butter. GB can’t let him abuse them by running around the field alone all night. This was the most noticeable mismatch I saw and it has to be addressed.

Martinez can’t get caught dropping into zone as he’s a liability. I’d rather him rush the passer and hard jam a TE or WR inside 5 yards to distort the route timing #50 is a noticeable liability in zone and not fast enough to recover in the passing game. Conversely, he generally seems to play better when forced into the downhill role by hitting the seems in a more proactive approach. He’s a solid tackler, but needs to start that process at or behind the LOS.

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
What do you guys think of Seattle and use of extra Offensive linesman (George Fant)?

Should we explore something with both Bulaga and Veldheer to help the run. Force the 49ers to stock LBs to defend against the run so AR has more opportunities to throw?

Probably a bit too much tinkering for last minute, I think...but against a potent D-Line like 49ers, worth the tinkering?
Our man 5 just need to be healthy, and we need to deploy a quick strike offensive attack.

Reaction score
This is of course my opinion. Sternberger isn’t afraid to block. I’d use more 2 TE sets with him and Marcedes. That gives us more beef upfront and another short passing option when Rodgers rolls out and scans his progressions. Take the 5 yarders verses throwing it away so much.

That said. The best way to attack a fast D is with quick play calling. No substitutions and more
“no huddles”, especially when left with a 2nd and 2 or 3rd and 1 etc.. keep the Defense on their heels and hasten the timing between plays early. We seemed lethargic last meeting until we got down 0-23. The first drive we went some no huddle resulted in 8 points.

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm looking at the highlights of that game and tbh, I LIKE our chances. Granted The 9ers pass rush is formidable no doubt, but I saw a lot of mistakes on our end in regards to that loss. Mistakes that are easily fixable. King letting Kittle was easily the biggest blunder of that game. But our defense was doing fairly well. I didn't get to see this game as I was listening to Grossi stream this game, but this game is nowhere near as bad as I thought. Yeah we got this fellas. If we minimize our mistakes, we'll be in this ball game. This won't be a blow out. I expect a lot of people in the media eating crow next Monday.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
You used Cowherd an example to make your point? I doubt you'll find anyone here that will take that seriously. There is nothing he says that we haven't already heard.

OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You will with that expectation.
I think Green Bay will throw some different stuff at us. I also think when Aaron Rodgers as your qb your never out of it but I think in the end it will be a similar type game as the Vikings. 49ers may not blow them out but there is little doubt the niners are the better team and I think they'll win easily by 2-3 possessions.

OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You used Cowherd an example to make your point? I doubt you'll find anyone here that will take that seriously. There is nothing he says that we haven't already heard.

in the first meeting, you guys put Jimmy on his *** alot. i think you guys had 5 sacks that game? but we were without both our starting tackles. Darius Smith and Preston Smith are pretty f**king good.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This feels like, and conventional wisdom says, this is as far as we're likely to go. But that's why they play the games, and Rodgers has that look in his eye.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The defense is going to have to show up and show out to give the offense some time to figure things out. Because GB simply isn't going to go up and down the field against this 49er defense.

I have not been all that impressed with Jimmy G. If they can limit the rushing attack, I think they can force him into some mistakes.

On offense, quick game, screens, and running the football... don't let that DL overwhelm you and create negative plays.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
No one gives us a chance its the Packers and their fans against the football lords, I like our chances we’ve received a lot of grief all season we’re bringing back the ugly in winning and its working, Rodgers is the better QB and if more than Devante shows up to play its bad news for the Sherman boys, I thought the D played pretty well in shutting down Seattles offense it was Wilson and his scrambling that hurt us, D can’t allow a lot of ticki tac down the field, I would rather Rodgers take a few baby steps for yards down field because they will be trying to knock him out the game, were going to win I just feel it everyone on the Packers have to do their part for this to happen

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

IF somehow GB gets out into a lead or is being competitive after halftime, someone’s going to be poo-pooing their pants in SF :poop:

Members online

Latest posts