49ers -- NFCCG (who'da thunk these 2 teams in August)

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course anything can happen, but with all due respect, the 49ers should and will be heavy favorites in this game.

Although they’re the number 1 seed, their players are still relatively unknown and rightfully so because they haven’t won anything yet.

That being said the talent level on defense is not comparable, and the 9ers will have huge pieces in Kwon and Ford back to bolster the pass rush and pass defense even more than last time. Staley is also back and he and McGlinchey are looking like their usual selves again.

The offense is clicking and rounding into shape. Deebo Samuel is a handful, never mind Kittle and Sanders.

Green Bays offense, yes AR is back there, but if he continues to hold to the ball, it won’t be pretty again. Devante Adams, Ok, but no one else should be too much to handle.

You can’t compare Seattle’s games to yourselves. Seattle has not only whipped out butts for years, but like any divisional rival, they know our team inside and out and have held a huge mental advantage over the 49ers. Poo poo the stop at the goal line, but at the end of the day they weren’t good enough to punch in that final score and the 9ers FINALLY won in Seattle.

Wrapping up, I believe the 49ers have the better coaches, the better scheme, the better locker room, and will want it more than the Packers will.

My two cents - could be wrong, but the way the 9ers have been gelling, and surviving the gauntlet stretch of games at the end of the season, I am highly confident this will be another win for them.

Why would one team want it more than the other? I've never understood this kind of thinking. :poop:

Swagger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course anything can happen, but with all due respect, the 49ers should and will be heavy favorites in this game.

Although they’re the number 1 seed, their players are still relatively unknown and rightfully so because they haven’t won anything yet.

That being said the talent level on defense is not comparable, and the 9ers will have huge pieces in Kwon and Ford back to bolster the pass rush and pass defense even more than last time. Staley is also back and he and McGlinchey are looking like their usual selves again.

The offense is clicking and rounding into shape. Deebo Samuel is a handful, never mind Kittle and Sanders.

Green Bays offense, yes AR is back there, but if he continues to hold to the ball, it won’t be pretty again. Devante Adams, Ok, but no one else should be too much to handle.

You can’t compare Seattle’s games to yourselves. Seattle has not only whipped out butts for years, but like any divisional rival, they know our team inside and out and have held a huge mental advantage over the 49ers. Poo poo the stop at the goal line, but at the end of the day they weren’t good enough to punch in that final score and the 9ers FINALLY won in Seattle.

Wrapping up, I believe the 49ers have the better coaches, the better scheme, the better locker room, and will want it more than the Packers will.

My two cents - could be wrong, but the way the 9ers have been gelling, and surviving the gauntlet stretch of games at the end of the season, I am highly confident this will be another win for them.

Depressing to read...yet hard to disagree.

But the Packers have the better QB!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they have a better nutrition program and Bosa will blowing out pecs and biceps in 3 years and be oft injured like Matthews was. They take their toll, but young bodies can tolerate it for a while. Enjoy it while it lasts.

While the 49er front is really good, I don't expect they'll find GB with as much cement in their shoes this game. Kittle worries me, Sanders and Samuel? Dime a dozen. If it wasn't for Kittle and the run game nobody would care about those 2 any more than they care about any other WR.

The 9ers should be the favorites, they have a really good team. #1 seed for a reason and they're at home. They probably have some better players. that's where it ends. Scheme coaching, locker room? well that's just fans feeling good about their team. I don't buy any of it.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I have never witnessed a player in Green and Gold with so much heart, energy and fire on the defensive side of the ball.
You too young for Reggie White??
and will want it more than the Packers will.
Yep. Packers just see it as another game, not a ticket to play in the SuperBowl.:rolleyes:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It was a complete meltdown against the 49ers last time out. Simply put, we got smacked around and beat up in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

1-15 on 3rd downs isn't going to get it done. A lot of that had to do with terrible down and distance situations. You aren't going to be successful consistently on 3rd and long against their pass rush. They'll eat us alive.

Rodgers had the uncharacteristic fumble on the first possession that led to the 49ers getting their first possession on the 2 yard line. That set a terrible tone for the game.

The defense though in my opinion actually performed quite well given the circumstances. First few defensive possessions:

touchdown (2 yard drive)
punt
field goal
punt
punt
field goal

And then as the game got out of hand and they got gassed:

touchdown
field goal
punt
touchdown
touchdown

Avoid penalties and turnovers, get positive yardage on early downs, and this is a VERY different football game.

There are ways to slow down a vicious pass rush. I wouldn't be completely shocked to see LaFleur try to incorporate a little bit of hurry up situationally.

This is going to be a big test for LaFleur to make the adjustments. I'm feeling more confident now than I was thinking about it over the weekend.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
You too young for Reggie White??
Yep. Packers just see it as another game, not a ticket to play in the SuperBowl.:rolleyes:
I was born in 1990, so I was a little too young to identify specific character traits outside of just remembering him as a great player.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would one team want it more than the other? I've never understood this kind of thinking. :poop:

Eh, Packers are just going to SF going 'We're good. All we wanted. Let them have it because they want it more'.

Better locker room, better scheme, better coaches, want it more... All fan based bias that you can't quantify. You want to say that SF is the favorites because of the front 7, TE and WR corp sure, but the rest is just 'meh.. whatever.

PackerRyche

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay doesn't play running quarterbacks well at all...Jimmy G is a solid NFL QB but isn't a runner...this is a good thing.

Green Bay doesn't play top level TE's well....Kittle is 100% possibly the best or top 3 TE IMO...this is a bad thing.

Green Bay doesn't play football in 2019 on West Coast....this is 2020...praying the curse is over LOL

Green Bay appears to be getting their 3rd down and quick passing game clicking FINALLY...this is a good thing.

Green Bay forces turnovers and typically protects the ball better than SF...this is a good thing.

San Francisco is at home, are ROLLING and have a STUD defense....this is a bad thing.

I have the faith it is possible to win, but gonna be tough.

GB - 27
SF - 24
That's 3 goods, 2 bads, a prayer and some faith. I'll take it.

I feel like we have some momentum. The Vikes did not show up for the SF game so not sure how much of a confidence boost that was for the 9ers. Pack on the other hand were tested by one of the best players in the league and found a way to win, again, reinforcing our "win ugly" trend.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah a win is a win though. In all seriousness, what scares me most about the Pack is AR12. The man is badazz and can single handedly wreck a defense.

A Rod will preform his magic as always, it's just a matter of the D doing their job. It's like they do their job in the first half then they are already on the plane at half time not realizing that there is another half to play.

TylerD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yup. it would take a complete game from them though. something they've yet to do this season even against poor teams. miracles can happen. *fingers crossed*
49ers will bring out the best in the Pack hopefully. I’m excited for the game!

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be a closer game this time around. Instead of losing by 4 TDs, we probably only lose by 2 TDs.

Reaction score
After reviewing the first half, I noticed GB hurt themselves on many drives. They had three 1st quarter drive killing penalties (starting with a conduct on Adams after he burned them for a 1st down) and the obvious #12 fumble to the 2 yard line.

Surprisingly, GB was moving the ball quite well early. GB was running the ball and passing relatively well (which is why we went for it on 4th down and AJ missed) after marching down the field on their D to their 28. We were also playing good D with several sacks of Garoppolo and my impression was it could’ve been a much closer game at halftime than it appeared.
I’m still going to review the second half, but my initial gut was that that first half could’ve went much differently with some subtle changes.

Obviously GB has to protect the ball better, but this game should be much closer.

Last edited:

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we beat ourselves BOTH times we were on the west coast. we got beat by the chargers! CHARGERS!

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After reviewing the first half, I noticed GB hurt themselves on many drives. They had three 1st quarter drive killing penalties (starting with a conduct on Adams after he burned them for a 1st down) and the obvious #12 fumble to the 2 yard line.

Surprisingly, GB was moving the ball quite well early. GB was running the ball and passing relatively well (which is why we went for it on 4th down and AJ missed after marching down the field on their D. We were also playing good D with several sacks of Garoppolo and my impression was it could’ve been a much closer game at halftime than it appeared.
I’m still going to review the second half, but my initial gut was that that first half could’ve went much differently with some subtle changes.
That wasn't a fumble by Rodgers on that first one. That was ********. And honestly some of the penalties were questionable as well, but people think the refs favor us for some reason. I was trying to reason with Saints fans last night who think the refs are helping us. Big mistake. Their victim mentality is getting a little old at this point.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may very post this every day this week.....

Dont have to be better 364 days out of the year. Just have to be the better team 1 day

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do agree with one thing Primetime said after the game, The Packers need to make their way to the west coast IMMEDIATELY! The quicker they get over there, the better they can adjust.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

EWright21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all congratulations to the Packers for beating the Seahawks! At this point of the season only the best of the best are left standing and no matter what you'd better be giving proper respect to your opponent. Unless you want to go home early that is.
I've been watching this game for almost five decades and seen so many "upsets" when one team forgot to bring it because they were a heavy favorite. The Anthony Carter game is one example I'll never forget. Niners were 11 point favorites and AC torched them for 227 yards on 10 catches. Bill Walsh called it his worst loss. I'm hoping the Niners stay away from reading any press clippings.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do agree with one thing Primetime said after the game, The Packers need to make their way to the west coast IMMEDIATELY! The quicker they get over there, the better they can adjust.

just imagine how much breakfast the hotel staff has to cook. man, I bet the those employees hate seeing professional teams come in.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

Surprisingly, GB was moving the ball quite well early. GB was running the ball and passing relatively well (which is why we went for it on 4th down and AJ missed) after marching down the field on their D to their 28. We were also playing good D with several sacks of Garoppolo and my impression was it could’ve been a much closer game at halftime than it appeared.

Obviously GB has to protect the ball better, but this game should be much closer.
And they took supreme advantage of Bulaga being out. He should definitely be available this Sunday after he gets over his sickness. If not, Veldheer will be better than what we had that day.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will need to play perfect ball to stand a chance. I think dusting off some plays to trick their defense may be reasonable as well, think Philly special. I'm curious to see how LaFleur manages this game knowing that his last one was a real stinker.

Staff online

Latest posts