49ers -- NFCCG (who'da thunk these 2 teams in August)

OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right. Which is why if AR can play like tonight and his the short crossing and slant patterns we can win

Jimmy G also throws interceptions and isn't a running threat
The tale of 2 Quarterbacks.

If Good Jimmy show up we Win.
If Jimmy G string play were ******...

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a gut feeling AR will go for 300+ yards and 4 touchdowns, like what Brees did to them earlier this year

Jimmy G throws a couple interceptions and we win it

OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a gut feeling AR will go for 300+ yards and 4 touchdowns, like what Brees did to them earlier this year

Jimmy G throws a couple interceptions and we win it

We had so many injuries to key guys that didn't play against New Orleans.....NO Tart, Kwon or ford.

We still won...

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My bad, it was 349 yards and 5 touchdowns that Brees did to the 49ers D this year

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
49ers got the team they wanted for next week. I bet the Saints and Ravens were looking forward to their matchups too.

OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A game thread started by a opposition fan predicting a loss. Hmmm...I wonder how many things are wrong in that statement.

This isn't the first time I've started a game day thread on this board. Everything went smoothly all the other times.... I started threads here before your first post sir...

WillyP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully things go much better than the last time.... and we dont get embarrassed again

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
While this is an unfavorable matchup for Green Bay, it is any given Sunday. There is an element to this game that the Niners could go into thinking they will stomp on this team like they did earlier in the year, and the packers wanting revenge. They are a young team that may overlook the NFC championship game and I am not completely sold on Jimmy G yet. That being said, the Niners are the most complete football left. Need to punch them in the mouth early and for 60 full minutes to stand a chance.

OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While this is an unfavorable matchup for Green Bay, it is any given Sunday. There is an element to this game that the Niners could go into thinking they will stomp on this team like they did earlier in the year, and the packers wanting revenge. They are a young team that may overlook the NFC championship game and I am not completely sold on Jimmy G yet. That being said, the Niners are the most complete football left. Need to punch them in the mouth early and for 60 full minutes to stand a chance.
If Robert saleh start weatherspoon opposite Sherm we deserve to lose....

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isn't the first time I've started a game day thread on this board. Everything went smoothly all the other times.... I started threads here before your first post sir...
No offense. Game threads are usually for home fans to rally. This is after all a Packet forum.

Appreciate your comments and hearing from opposition fans is always welcome, but this is stretching a bit too far imo.

The mods seem to be ok with it so yeah, that's that!

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see this being quite a bit different than our first meeting.

Now ... It'll still be a big challenge for sure. But somehow I just got better vibes going into this one. I think the winner wins by one possession. Both teams coming into this one very confident for sure.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One plus for this game is that we should (presumably) have Bulaga. Him getting knocked out when we matched up during the regular season really hurt us on the LOS.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They beat Seattle by the skin of the teeth. And that was really more a case of Seattle pissing away another game on the goal line. They say it's hard to beat a good team twice. We're a 14-3 team and we have more wins against winning teams than anyone else. It'll be a game, and it'll probably be ugly.

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m just ecstatic to be able to see the Packers in another championship game. I can’t stand the thought of losing to Seattle after the last train wreck ala MM. SF is probably the best team in the NFC overall. But, the playoff games thus far have shown why the game is played. Can the Pack win, of course. Do I expect them to, honestly no. But this team has won 5 more games than I had expected when I first saw the schedule. So what the hell, let’s go get it!

OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see this being quite a bit different than our first meeting.

Now ... It'll still be a big challenge for sure. But somehow I just got better vibes going into this one. I think the winner wins by one possession. Both teams coming into this one very confident for sure.
Agreed,Past history is not indicative of future performance in sports. I fully expect a hard fought battle....

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gun to my head the 49ers are the better team 364 days out of the year.

Youd also be hard pressed to find someone that thinks Baltimore isnt better then Tennessee 364 days a year.

Just got to be better one day

OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gun to my head the 49ers are the better team 364 days out of the year.

Youd also be hard pressed to find someone that thinks Baltimore isnt better then Tennessee 364 days a year.

Just got to be better one day
Any given Sunday.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ugh! Why did this game have to be later in the day? In any case, this will be Rodgers 4th NFC Championship appearance. It's funny considering the last time he was healthy he made it to the NFC Championship as well, but I'll get to my point. We just finished exorcising one past demon, now let's see if we can do it again.

Over the past years I think it's San Fran that has been a thorn to our side as far as playoffs go. It's funny it boils back to this team, considering the history Rodgers has with this team in particular passing him up, and him growing up a Niners fan, but in any case. This team is the gatekeeper in my estimation. I'm not looking past anyone, but imo I think if we beat San Fran, no one is beating us in the SB. But going into enemy territory and beating them is not going to be an easy task. That pass rush, (which I'm gonna start calling Gold Rush) is no joke! I saw some highlights from today's game, and Rodgers did miss some open receivers late into the game, or at least it seemed like he hesitated.

That is NOT gonna fly against this team, either Rodgers is going to have to beat them with quick releases, or he's gonna have to scramble. I would like to make this a blowout game, but Idk if that's our best bet of beating them. They are capable of getting into shootouts as we saw what they did in NO, but they can also slow the game down too. The real problem is going to be Kittle, as the dude was a pain in the *** last time we played. Our pass rushers HAVE to get to Garoppolo or we're going to be in for a long game. Jimmy G is due for a bad game and I'm counting on him throwing a few picks. But our secondary have to capitalize. I think we'll play fairly well in comparison to last time as I feel like last time was a snowball effect, starting with that bs fumble that wasn't a fumble. Then they got a lot of questionable calls their way and that's putting it mildly.

With that said,like today it would behoove us to score first and hold on to that lead. We need to stay discipline if we're going to survive this one, and the Oline HAS to give Rodgers time to throw, and Rodgers can't expect them to hold out all the time so he needs to get rid of the ball fast or he needs to run. This game will be tough, but I think we can come out of this game with a Win.

I'll go 27-20.