2024 Packers Top 30 Prospect Visits

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Paul is not good. That’s my opinion. He’s talented, but he can’t start as a rookie unless you want serious problems. At 24 years old, that’s not acceptable to me unless he’s a late rounder.

Guyton is better and a little younger, but he’s not at all consistent. It’s super high variance with him. He looks awesome and then he looks awful. That kind of play doesn’t work on the OL. You’ll wreck a gameplan playing like that.

I’m all the way out on both. That’s just me.

Now if he somehow drops, as Bruce Feldman projected in his latest mock, give me Latham way above any of them. That would be sick.
Mims is a first rounder, Guyton a second and Paul a third for me. Which jives with expectations. Paul out of the three is the least ready to step in if needed but his ceiling is immense

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Mims is a first rounder, Guyton a second and Paul a third for me. Which jives with expectations. Paul out of the three is the least ready to step in if needed but his ceiling is immense
I'll be surprised if the Packers draft any of these three guys.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree, but if they stray off that trend, Mims being only 21 yrs old would be the logical choice of the 3
Absolutely. All three fit the athletic trait, but Mims is the only one to fit anything else and that’s younger age.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to someone, who has observed Mims quite a bit, he has a tendency to take plays off. I'd say that's a lazy streak. But, it's hard to tell how that plays out in the NFL.

I remember there were reports that Gary had a lazy streak in college, and it was a rap against him early on. In fact, a lot of fans were on it like stink on a skunk. As he's progressed, I'm beginning to wonder if that wasn't part of his inexperience, and him backing off some as he was trying to mentally absorb what was playing out in front of him.

I've always believed a player is better off hesitating for a fraction of a second and getting the play right, instead of rushing head long into it, and blowing his assignment. That's when disasters happen.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
What if Fautanu and Fuaga are there as well?

Mims may eat himself out of the NFL - or was that Latham who gains/loses 30 lbs at breakfast. I meant 'the offseason'.

I like both Fuaga and Fautanu, though with the latter I don’t love how old he is/was when he started excelling in the college game.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'll try to keep this updated.

Here is where the top 30 visits are on the consensus big board:

22. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

30. Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma

42. Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas AM

69. Michael Hall, DT, Ohio State

108. Zak Zinter, G, Michigan

114. Jarrian Jones, CB, Florida State

141. Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Illinois

172. Ty'Ron Hopper, LB, Missouri

176. Kitan Oladapo, S, Oregon State

329. Ja'Quan Sheppard, CB, Maryland

389. Omar Brown, S, Nebraska

N/A. Chris Edmonds, S, Arizona State

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll try to keep this updated.

Here is where the top 30 visits are on the consensus big board:

22. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

30. Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma

42. Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas AM

69. Michael Hall, DT, Ohio State

108. Zak Zinter, G, Michigan

114. Jarrian Jones, CB, Florida State

141. Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Illinois

172. Ty'Ron Hopper, LB, Missouri

176. Kitan Oladapo, S, Oregon State

329. Ja'Quan Sheppard, CB, Maryland

389. Omar Brown, S, Nebraska

N/A. Chris Edmonds, S, Arizona State
I hope the Packers don't take any of the top 3 at #25. I'd be very disappointed except maybe for Mims and I really don't want him either. Michael Hall in the 2nd round I'd be ok with, but after his pro day he's getting a lot of attention and will prob be gone early sometime early in the 2nd.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I hope the Packers don't take any of the top 3 at #25. I'd be very disappointed except maybe for Mims and I really don't want him either. Michael Hall in the 2nd round I'd be ok with, but after his pro day he's getting a lot of attention and will prob be gone early sometime early in the 2nd.

I’m out on Guyton, but I would have no issue with the other 2.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m out on Guyton, but I would have no issue with the other 2.
Honestly I think Hall is a sleeper DL to go very high and surprise many. Super young, highly proven, extremely athletic…if someone told me he goes either as the second DL picked or the 6th I’d honestly say second probably before sixth.

Be like Gute to do such a pick too….LVN and Gary both that same vein.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
I just think if they take Edgerrin Cooper, that would mean Quay would be the Mike, and Quay would be better suited at Will with his athletism. Now they could always draft someone more suited for the Mike later, and all for doubling down at LB in rds 2-4, kind of like they did at TE last year. Colson or Gray make the most sense to me, and then add another guy in rds 3 or 4 to add to that group.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Honestly I think Hall is a sleeper DL to go very high and surprise many. Super young, highly proven, extremely athletic…if someone told me he goes either as the second DL picked or the 6th I’d honestly say second probably before sixth.

Be like Gute to do such a pick too….LVN and Gary both that same vein.

The only thing I wouldn't get about it is how do you get him on the field? Wyatt and Brooks are going to eat up the 3T snaps. Wooden is also on the roster.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I just think if they take Edgerrin Cooper, that would mean Quay would be the Mike, and Quay would be better suited at Will with his athletism. Now they could always draft someone more suited for the Mike later, and all for doubling down at LB in rds 2-4, kind of like they did at TE last year. Colson or Gray make the most sense to me, and then add another guy in rds 3 or 4 to add to that group.

I was thinking this way too, but I'm not so sure about that anymore. I think we may overblow the mike/will distinction. Gutekunst has said he wants two players who can be used interchangeably.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking this way too, but I'm not so sure about that anymore. I think we may overblow the mike/will distinction. Gutekunst has said he wants two players who can be used interchangeably.
I'm hoping Q just did not have good chemistry with Campbell and will improve this year. I thought he played better last year with McDuffie. And even though I do like the way McDuffie goes full steam ahead at ball carriers; I would still like them to get a linebacker in probably round 2.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing I wouldn't get about it is how do you get him on the field? Wyatt and Brooks are going to eat up the 3T snaps. Wooden is also on the roster.

For sure - if we draft a DL high someone is getting moved between Wyatt, Clark or Slaton.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm hoping Q just did not have good chemistry with Campbell and will improve this year. I thought he played better last year with McDuffie. And even though I do like the way McDuffie goes full steam ahead at ball carriers; I would still like them to get a linebacker in probably round 2.
Might also have something to do with the scheme Barry was using and how he used Walker in that scheme. I get the feeling that Barry was not utilizing the defensive talent that he was given, in the way that best suited each of their skills. While you can look at each player individually, they are each relying on the other 10 players to do their jobs.

I am hoping that Hafley comes in and gets more out of each player, by putting them in a situation where they can excel. Now if Walker isn't a guy that fits well in what Hafley wants to do, I think we see Gute go after his replacement pretty quick in the draft. Personally, I hope he finds his compliment in 1 of the first 3 picks. The last several years of Packer defenses have never really been all that strong up the middle, about time they became the heart of the defense.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of chatter about Payton Wilson and the Packers. If Gute goes after a LB early, I just hope he gets one with great football instincts and a motor that doesn't quit. While I like E. Cooper, I am really starting to warm up to Wilson.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of chatter about Payton Wilson and the Packers. If Gute goes after a LB early, I just hope he gets one with great football instincts and a motor that doesn't quit. While I like E. Cooper, I am really starting to warm up to Wilson.

Yes. I have not watched either of them. What I have been wondering about though because of the mocks and what some have said, is if Wilson might have future injury questions. Then he would be a gamble. But if is well built/strong and has been cleared; it seems like a good bet and could be a home run. jmo

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
For sure - if we draft a DL high someone is getting moved between Wyatt, Clark or Slaton.

Yeah, but moving Clark or Slaton wouldn't have any impact on Hall. He can't do what they do. Slaton seems like the likeliest guy to be moved, but that would make way for a 1T, which Hall is not.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

Just say no to tall, skinny, old, injury prone linebackers.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

If you like how McDuffie plays next to Walker, I think you'd feel the same way about Cooper.

Members online

Latest posts