Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240321_114330_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240321_114330_X.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 46

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity. What makes one site better than the other? They're mostly speculation anyway.
To add on to what Tyni said, the website is cancer without ad blockers. He used to be pretty plugged in and accurate with his mock drafts, but not so much anymore.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok experts, time for the rundown on Hall, Jones & Boyd.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Found this info on Boyd, he also did 38 reps on the bench at his Pro Day.... now that's impressive! Packers also met with him at the East/West Shrine game.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240321_193131_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240321_193131_X.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20240321_193051_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240321_193051_X.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boyd is that lunch pail pure trench football player. I have him graded as a 4th/5th round type prospect. Is leveraging ability is pretty sweet.

Reaction score
Michael Hall actually has similar traits of both Clark and Wyatt on film he’s got Kenny Clark short area quickness but at 20lb lighter. He’s got Wyatt’s motor and plays through the whistle.
Basically call it 4.77 40 which is amazing at 290+. Remember now, they said Clark played better against weaker competition.. and his arms might be too short. Which obviously didn’t hold him back in the NFL. Each player gets listed reasons why they won’t succeed, but work ethic can overcome those concerns.

The one thing that really stuck out with one scouting recap was how much Hall grew his pass rush arsenal from Sophomore to Junior seasons. Him being 20yrs means he’s still got more growth potential to add moves and weight. His work ethic between seasons showed up big time in 2023. I think he could work himself into back end Day1 consideration had he stayed in College and brought one more season of growth. Michael is probably more in that Mid day 2 area for me today because I think he’ll take a minute to Bud. Seems more like that Rookie rotational guy with flashes of big potential year 1

Last edited:

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, they do have 2 picks in the 3rd round ;)

I like Hall, but think he might have served himself better by staying 1 more year at OSU. He's kind of a tweener. A bit undersized to play IDL but not agile enough to be a DE. Sounds like he crushed his Pro Day.
I think someone may take an early flyer on Hall and expect to "ice cream and pasta" him up to 320 or so. But I agree, he'd have been better served in the long run by staying in school. But he just had a son a few months ago, and is looking to hs family's future.

I would not mind seeing him with an early 3rd; he may have a substantial upside.

The one thing that really stuck out with one scouting recap was how much Hall grew his pass rush arsenal from Sophomore to Junior seasons. Him being 20yrs means he’s still got more growth potential to add moves and weight. His work ethic between seasons showed up big time in 2023.

That made a made a big difference to me, too. The kid seems deadly serious about studying his game and what he needs to do to be succesful at the next level, which at age 19 speaks rather loudly. It tells me the guy is mature beyond his years, at least moreso than a lot of kids his age. Speaks well of him that he had the foresight to identify what he needed to, the initiative to make a plan for it, and the discipline and self-motivation to do the work. That sure catches my attention. He's not just coasting; he already understands how competitive it is at this level, and he's serious about being as good at his job as he can be.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, they do have 2 picks in the 3rd round ;)

I like Hall, but think he might have served himself better by staying 1 more year at OSU. He's kind of a tweener. A bit undersized to play IDL but not agile enough to be a DE. Sounds like he crushed his Pro Day.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
It's amazing that guys at or over 300 lbs are running well under 5.0 for the 40.

I'm one of those old timers who remembers watching Lombardi's Packers in B/W. First of all, none of them weighed over 300 lbs, and any of the linemen, O or D, who tried to run a 40 yd dash would die from a heart attack. I'll just say these guys did not eat their daily requirement of fruits and vegetables.

Anyone know what Jerry Kramer weighed? I'm guessing 250.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think someone may take an early flyer on Hall and expect to "ice cream and pasta" him up to 320 or so. But I agree, he'd have been better served in the long run by staying in school. But he just had a son a few months ago, and is looking to hs family's future.

I would not mind seeing him with an early 3rd; he may have a substantial upside.

That made a made a big difference to me, too. The kid seems deadly serious about studying his game and what he needs to do to be succesful at the next level, which at age 19 speaks rather loudly. It tells me the guy is mature beyond his years, at least moreso than a lot of kids his age. Speaks well of him that he had the foresight to identify what he needed to, the initiative to make a plan for it, and the discipline and self-motivation to do the work. That sure catches my attention. He's not just coasting; he already understands how competitive it is at this level, and he's serious about being as good at his job as he can be.
Good background, thanks. Definitely changes my opinion as to "His motives for declaring early". Yes, money motivated, but "smart money" for taking care of his family, not buying race cars to wreck his and others lives.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's amazing that guys at or over 300 lbs are running well under 5.0 for the 40.

I'm one of those old timers who remembers watching Lombardi's Packers in B/W. First of all, none of them weighed over 300 lbs, and any of the linemen, O or D, who tried to run a 40 yd dash would die from a heart attack. I'll just say these guys did not eat their daily requirement of fruits and vegetables.

What I looked up it said 6ft 3 and 245. I didn't think he weighed that much or was that tall.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Has to be top 5 pic, if not #1 for Packer History buffs.

Instead of a Gatorade Shower, it almost looks like Jerry gave old Vince a Nut Punch!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I looked up it said 6ft 3 and 245. I didn't think he weighed that much or was that tall.
Thanks. Kramer was not 6'3". He might have been around 230-240. His school players are bigger than that.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A few pounds short. I don't think anyone on that whole line ever topped 250, and I've seen it said that Jim Ringo never weighed more than 222 his entire career in Green bay.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
A few pounds short. I don't think anyone on that whole line ever topped 250, and I've seen it said that Jim Ringo never weighed more than 222 his entire career in Green bay.
The old saying of "Muscle weighs more than Fat" was wrong. ;)

I have always gotten a kick out of that saying. It's right up their with "Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?"

That said, I will say that todays Football player seems to be much more athletic and muscular than those back in Ringo's days. Probably why injuries seem to be more prevalent as well. While safety equipment is better, Newton had it right, F=MA and with both Mass and Acceleration increasing though the years, so does the force. Not to mention that I don't think the human body evolved to be put to the extremes that athletes put it to at times.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The old saying of "Muscle weighs more than Fat" was wrong. ;)

I have always gotten a kick out of that saying. It's right up their with "Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?"

That said, I will say that todays Football player seems to be much more athletic and muscular than those back in Ringo's days. Probably why injuries seem to be more prevalent as well. While safety equipment is better, Newton had it right, F=MA and with both Mass and Acceleration increasing though the years, so does the force. Not to mention that I don't think the human body evolved to be put to the extremes that athletes put it to at times.
Yeah there's something unnatural about a 300 lb guy running the 40 well under 5 seconds. But today's athletes can do this. The big guys are getting faster and more stronger - mass and acceleration. And I agree that this is causing more injuries than the guys in the 60s faced. I don't remember CTE being a thing until recently, and I think it's because this generation of players simply take more and harder hits to the head. Or maybe it's taken this long to diagnose CTE, but I don't think so.

And as for that muscle versus fat saying - that relates to volume. So a specific volume of muscle will weigh more than a specific volume of fat. That reinforces your point. Today's athletes have a lot more muscle than the earlier generations. They also benefit from better knowledge about physiology, training methods, diet, and on.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't remember CTE being a thing until recently, and I think it's because this generation of players simply take more and harder hits to the head. Or maybe it's taken this long to diagnose CTE, but I don't think so.
As far as CTE goes, I think that has been going on since the dawn of football. Probably even worse than today. They used to just say "He got his bell rung, let him sit out a play or 2 and put him back in." Now with modern technology and science, the NFL, NCAA, etc. are very aware of just how dangerous hits to the head are. To not only protect the players, but to protective themselves from major lawsuits, football leagues and other sporting leagues are trying to do everything they can to prevent CTE's.

Latest posts