Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
6'2" 218 lbs

9.04 RAS, 4.62 forty

2021: 3107 yards, 21 TD, 8 INT, 61%, 7.3 YPA
2022: 2822 yards, 24 TD, 7 INT, 64%, 8.0 YPA

15 rushing touchdowns over the last four seasons

Reportedly targeted because the Packers are impressed with his football IQ and they believe he will be good in the room.

I'm glad they got a QB with athleticism; I want them to be able to run the offense the same way even if Love isn't in. That's important for the development of young pass catchers.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm all for bringing in more QB's but this wasn't what I had in mind with Jaren Hall of BYU on the board.

Reaction score
I like the Way he moves. He’s very quick and he runs the show like a Captain of the Ship, he’s very confident and sure of himself. Seems to have a good handle (control) of his Offense at Penn State. They had a good football team.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's interesting to note that Clifford will already be 25 years old at the start of the 2023 season. He's actually nearly five months older than Love.

Reaction score
It would be wild if Clifford ended up being our starting quarterback.
One thing I will also say after watching some Clifford Film yesterday. Clifford was pretty successful against good competition. He lost 1 Road game and it was @ undefeated Michigan.

The OHio State loss was against another ranked team (and another Undefeated) and Penn State led into Quarter 4 before slowly slipping behind.

Just in my novice opinion. Clifford seems to offer a good awareness of the game. He is sort of good at everything, but master of nothing. He’s got good vision. He’s got good arm power. He’s got good scramble ability. Good athleticism to extend plays. Good competitive toughness. Not so technically sound in all aspects, but he makes his pluses work in his favor by shear will.

If you asked me before looking where he ranked on impacting his Offense among drafted eligible QB’s, I’d say top 10 or better. Idk if he’ll ever be a Superstar, but he’s a heck of an athlete and has a high floor and fights his derrière off. He was a good leader on a very good (not great) Penn State football team. Maybe with help of our QB whisperer could get more technically sound (making scramble reads, better form in throwing on the run etc). Best case low end starter to high end backup.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I will also say after watching some Clifford Film yesterday. Clifford was pretty successful against good competition. He lost 1 Road game and it was @ undefeated Michigan.

The OHio State loss was against another ranked team (and another Undefeated) and Penn State led into Quarter 4 before slowly slipping behind.

Just in my novice opinion. Clifford seems to offer a good awareness of the game. He is sort of good at everything, but master of nothing. He’s got good vision. He’s got good arm power. He’s got good scramble ability. Good athleticism to extend plays. Good competitive toughness. Not so technically sound in all aspects, but he makes his pluses work in his favor by shear will.

If you asked me before looking where he ranked on impacting his Offense among drafted eligible QB’s, I’d say top 10 or better. Idk if he’ll ever be a Superstar, but he’s a heck of an athlete and has a high floor and fights his derrière off. He was a good leader on a very good (not great) Penn State football team. Maybe with help of our QB whisperer could get more technically sound (making scramble reads, better form in throwing on the run etc). Best case low end starter to high end backup.

Proper description, I also think high end backup with potential serviceable starter type is there. Where he doesn't match Flynn's arm, he beats Flynn's athleticism....I would love to get Matt Flynn type out of this pick.

Reaction score
Proper description, I also think high end backup with potential serviceable starter type is there. Where he doesn't match Flynn's arm, he beats Flynn's athleticism....I would love to get Matt Flynn type out of this pick.
Just judging with the eye test and compared to his peers. If there was a RAS score for competitive toughness (just a sheer will to compete) he would score 9.27
He’s really fun to watch he’s very confident in himself imo. He also plays bigger than his size. I was off on his size and I initially thought he was a very athletic, 6’3”/228lb area QB on film because that’s how he plays when he fights off tacklers (he’s 6’2” 218lb) more Rodgers size. M
Really impressive short area speed
6.84 3-Cone;
1.60 10 yard split.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just judging with the eye test and compared to his peers. If there was a RAS score for competitive toughness (just a sheer will to compete) he would score 9.07
He’s really fun to watch he’s very confident in himself imo. He also plays bigger than his size. I was off on his size and I initially thought he was a very athletic, 6’3.5” 228lb area QB on film because that’s how he plays when he fights off tacklers.
Aiden O'Connell if there were such a thing is a 10.00....that dude's grit I could easily see him be a backup for 15 years or more.

Reaction score
On the plus side he beat out Will Levis for the starting QB job at Penn State. Twice.
Very compelling evidence because it’s literally the same team and same seasons and we almost can’t get that lucky in QB vs QB comparative. Levi’s slid harder than normal because of concerns about him needing surgery on his foot. I don’t believe he’d make it out of the top 20 selections if we took away that injury concern. Levis was clearly outperformed by Clifford in consecutive 2019-2020 seasons before Levis moved over to Kentucky. It’s a very meaningful comparison of two relatively inexperienced Passers who were surrounded by the same team.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Appears Clifford is turning some heads at OTA's. Maybe Gute wasn't as "dumb" as some want to think he is?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts