2022 Pick #22 Quay Walker

Reaction score
Actually, Walker's rookie deal pays him more than Williams. Here is the schedule for 2022 fines, with a note of: "all fines are considered minimums, meaning any mitigating or aggravating factors can result in even more money out of a player’s pocket."

Physical Contact with Official — 1st offense: $37,232 | 2nd offense: $74,468
  • Horse Collar Tackle — 1st offense: $15,914 | 2nd offense: $21,218
  • Late Hit — 1st offense: $10,609 | 2nd offense: $15, 914
  • Blindside Block — 1st offense: $15,914 | 2nd offense: $21,218
  • Fighting — 1st offense: $37,232 | 2nd offense: $74,468
  • Unsportsmanlike Conduct — 1st offense: $13,261 | 2nd offense: $18,566
  • Football into Stands — 1st offense: $7,426 | 2nd offense: $12,731
  • Unapproved Visor Tint or Lack of Brand Marks — 1st offense: $5,305 | 2nd offense: $10,609
  • Unauthorized Logo/ Branding or Intellectual Property — 1st offense: $10,609 | 2nd offense: $21,218
So if I merely touched a female referee after the game I’d get fined?
Just asking for a friend :coffee:

PS. I once was going on a 1st date with this pretty girl and when it came time to pick her up.. her Dad was there and he looked like a Burly, Mountain of a man. He told me “whatever you do to my daughter I’ll be expecting you to do with me when you guys get back, so keep that in mind tonight!
He Scared the living begeesus us out of me! I dropped her off down the street and drove away like a bank robbery suspect :eek: In good conscience, I just couldn’t go through with the date

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So it would have been cheaper for Jamaal instead of two hip thrusts to just go find a GB staffer and shove them to celebrate LOL

I wonder if some amendments will be discussed...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
So it would have been cheaper for Jamaal instead of two hip thrusts to just go find a GB staffer and shove them to celebrate LOL

I wonder if some amendments will be discussed...
I agree on amendments needed. Any personal foul that could injure another player, should be met with the stiffest fines. I would go so far as to say that just a shove, deserves less of a fine. "Excessive Celebration"....come on man! It costs the team 15 yards, that player is going to be penalizing his team and probably get an ear full in the process, no need to hit him with a fine too. Or if you really want to, tier it so that the first one is "free", but each successive one costs the player more money.

I still think Walker got hosed on his first ejection and fine for shoving a Bills PS player that was in street clothes.

D

Deleted member 6794

I still think Walker got hosed on his first ejection and fine for shoving a Bills PS player that was in street clothes.

There's no reason for Walker to push anyone in street clothes. He needs to grow up and eliminate such behavior on the field.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
There's no reason for Walker to push anyone in street clothes. He needs to grow up and eliminate such behavior on the field.
I was referring to him being ejected from the game, not the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. I agree with the 15 yard penalty. If Davidson was in uniform, would Walker have been tossed from the game? I just kept hearing that Walker shoved a Bill's coach, no he didn't, he shoved a PS player that was in street clothes. Was it right for Walker to shove him? No, but then again, did Davidson instigate it by saying something? Sorry, not worth ejecting a player from the game for.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was referring to him being ejected from the game, not the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. I agree with the 15 yard penalty. If Davidson was in uniform, would Walker have been tossed from the game? I just kept hearing that Walker shoved a Bill's coach, no he didn't, he shoved a PS player that was in street clothes. Was it right for Walker to shove him? No, but then again, did Davidson instigate it by saying something? Sorry, not worth ejecting a player from the game for.

Disagree. I don't care what verbal word is given to someone. You are being paid to be a professional, if one of my employees just up and shoved a taxpayer (I work in local government) because of something they said offended them that employee wouldn't have to worry about what HR was going to do I'd fire them right on the spot honestly.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to edit....I spoke too definitively....there is some things someone could say to evoke from me a shove perhaps or a hand to chest like **** moment given...so I'll scale back off the statement above. Posted too swiftly.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Disagree. I don't care what verbal word is given to someone. You are being paid to be a professional, if one of my employees just up and shoved a taxpayer (I work in local government) because of something they said offended them that employee wouldn't have to worry about what HR was going to do I'd fire them right on the spot honestly.
So all the pushing and shoving that we see players do, should be a personal foul and game disqualification?

Your example works for that situation, but I would contend that 2 football players, that are engaged in very physical contact to begin with, is far different than a taxpayer and gov. worker getting into it.

Sorry, I don't agree with the ejection, especially give it was a PS player in street clothes.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So all the pushing and shoving that we see players do, should be a personal foul and game disqualification?

Your example works for that situation, but I would contend that 2 football players, that are engaged in very physical contact to begin with, is far different than a taxpayer and gov. worker getting into it.

Sorry, I don't agree with the ejection, especially give it was a PS player in street clothes.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I get it, I'm a VERY high character driven type guy and that type of undisciplined behavior IMO has ZERO chance playing for me without repercussions. If that is telling Quay to hit the showers myself I will or if that is go sit down till half I'll do it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I get it, I'm a VERY high character driven type guy and that type of undisciplined behavior IMO has ZERO chance playing for me without repercussions. If that is telling Quay to hit the showers myself I will or if that is go sit down till half I'll do it.
Exactly, you would evaluate each situation for what it was, not have a blanket policy, that automatically ejects Walker from the game. Had the refs merely called it unnecessary roughness, they would have marked off the 15 yards, Walker isn't ejected, let the league deal with the fine and/or consequences and the Packers have the option of what they want to do as well.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm absolutely fine that Walker was ejected for shoving in street uniform. I don't care if it was a coach, a practice squad player or anyone else, Walker needs to stop that BS.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm absolutely fine that Walker was ejected for shoving in street uniform. I don't care if it was a coach, a practice squad player or anyone else, Walker needs to stop that BS.
No doubt he needs to stop it, we just disagree on the ejection part of the penalty.

D

Deleted member 6794

No doubt he needs to stop it, we just disagree on the ejection part of the penalty.

After taking a look at the official rules I have to agree that it was excessive to eject Walker for that shove. I thought there was a rule in place resulting in an automatic disqualification for contact with a non-player but there isn't.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
After taking a look at the official rules I have to agree that it was excessive to eject Walker for that shove. I thought there was a rule in place resulting in an automatic disqualification for contact with a non-player but there isn't.
Thanks for looking it up. I assume shoving a ref is an automatic ejection though? I know I will take flack for this, but anytime the refs want to actually eject a player, that is a big decision and most certainly could influence the outcome of a game, I wish they would take the time to review it and "consult with New York". Still drives me crazy that the headlines were "Walker shoves a coach in Buffalo". No, it was a practice squad TE, but "coach" makes it sound so much worse than it actually was.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yes, an unnecessary physical contact (that's how it's phrased in the rulebook) with an official results in an automatic ejection.
I agree with that rule, otherwise it would be mayhem out there with players running after officials and not respecting them. Still disagree with the ejection on Walker for pushing a practice squad player. Had he been in pads, the refs might have called a penalty, but highly doubt they eject him.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm very glad we have Q. I just wish he would make a few more splash plays. Hit the running hole harder and just tackle harder when it's available. But in today's game it's also good he's not getting penalties for being overly aggressive. Maybe Barry is restricting him.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm very glad we have Q. I just wish he would make a few more splash plays. Hit the running hole harder and just tackle harder when it's available. But in today's game it's also good he's not getting penalties for being overly aggressive. Maybe Barry is restricting him.
Give him more time, he's developing very nicely and as you said, so far, no stupid penalties.

Reaction score
I like his size and athleticism. He’s better than I thought at dropping into coverage and getting small.

Walker is still rising. I wouldn’t at all be surprised to see him get a forced fumble or another big impact play (sack or INT or 4th down stop) inside the next couple weeks.

I agree he’s still good, but relatively quiet thus far also. against Detroit would be an ideal time to reap some havoc.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like his size and athleticism. He’s better than I thought at dropping into coverage and getting small.

Walker is still rising. I wouldn’t at all be surprised to see him get a forced fumble or another big impact play (sack or INT or 4th down stop) inside the next couple weeks.

I agree he’s still good, but relatively quiet thus far also. against Detroit would be an ideal time to reap some havoc.

? The dude has 28 tackles and an INT and two PDs

He has been solid

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
? The dude has 28 tackles and an INT and two PDs

He has been solid
You read too much into it. I'm not knocking him at all. Just would like to see a little bit of Nitschke out there. Like I said. I really like Q. Hell, he's my picture on your left.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You read too much into it. I'm not knocking him at all. Just would like to see a little bit of Nitschke out there. Like I said. I really like Q. Hell, he's my picture on your left.
As I said, give him time, he is developing quite nicely. I've alway felt that ILB has to be one of the tougher defensive positions to master. They are expected to recognize offensive formations, call them out, shift guys on the DL, blitz, recognizing if a RB/TE is staying in to block or going out for a pass, drop back in coverage, shadow the QB, etc. Walker and Campbell have to be the best pair of ILB's that the Packers have had in a long time.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you talking about the same Nitschke that took forever to beat out Bettis to be our LB? Let's not forget that even the greats took time to become who we all remember!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you talking about the same Nitschke that took forever to beat out Bettis to be our LB? Let's not forget that even the greats took time to become who we all remember!
Well, Ray was a fullback in college. But I'm talking about hitting hard. I don't think you really have to grow into that. I remember playoff time and Nitschke would make a big hit early and it seemed to set the tone for the game. Anyway, I am very happy with Q. He wraps them up really well and he has the size to do that. btw I don't remember Bettis except the one on Atlanta.

Members online

Latest posts