2022 Draft Romeo Doubs #132

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still hoping he has a lot to show. That was just the radio guys interpretation of it. They could have him there to keep everything low pressure, could have him there to give him a kick in the *** to move up on the chart. it could have nothing to do with him. Just want to see what others do in that spot.
I don't know. I'd think though if Rodgers was showing good stuff, he'd be up a little higher than he is. I hope that changes by the time September gets here.
Agreed. He worked hard in the off season. Hopefully that translates to production in TC and the PS games. He certainly has all the physical requirements for a slot receiver, and seems to be Cobb's heir apparent.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amari from all accounts of guys actually attending camp is he has made plays each day. Isn’t having a camp like Doubs (no one is) but has done nothing bad either.

Amari is beginning to feel like the new MVS punching bag for some of the fan base…too early to know if deserving or not yet IMO

Reaction score
Amari from all accounts of guys actually attending camp is he has made plays each day. Isn’t having a camp like Doubs (no one is) but has done nothing bad either.

Amari is beginning to feel like the new MVS punching bag for some of the fan base…too early to know if deserving or not yet IMO
I’m honestly not trying to punch. However to note, you might have missed this week Amari muffed a punt and Rich layed into him with a mouthful.

The guy was a standout at Clemson. He’s got as good a chance as anyone to develop into a key player.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m honestly not trying to punch. However to note, you might have missed this week Amari muffed a punt and Rich layed into him with a mouthful.

The guy was a standout at Clemson. He’s got as good a chance as anyone to develop into a key player.

There has been a few muffed punts, even Romeo had two in one day.

Reaction score
There has been a few muffed punts, even Romeo had two in one day.
Yeah l know. That just made headlines because of Rich’s response.
I did read Doubs snagged a wayward Punt that appeared initially out of play. Other than that, There were some issues also with the Jugs machine and they are hungry looking for a new one.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah l know. That just made headlines because of Rich’s response.
I did read Doubs snagged a wayward Punt that appeared initially out of play. Other than that, There were some issues also with the Jugs machine and they are hungry looking for a new one.
Pretty sure the "jugs machine issues" were MLF jokingly deflecting attention away from ALL of the returners that day. I think a jugs machine either works or it doesn't and MLF assigned a rough returner day the fault of the machine. :)

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty sure the "jugs machine issues" were MLF jokingly deflecting attention away from ALL of the returners that day. I think a jugs machine either works or it doesn't and MLF assigned a rough returner day the fault of the machine. :)
these are the words of our head coach: "The machine was firing punts so high and with such an insane amount of spin the returners had no chance. No way any punter, not even Ray Guy, could copy what the machine was doing. It was totally unrealistic. Wednesday (indoors) and Thursday (outdoors) the machine(s) weren't so haywire."

Reaction score
Could be idk. I never considered he was being sarcastic.
Maybe Jugs = Juggling ? :whistling:

D

Deleted member 6794

I haven't read a lot about Amari making plays in camp. According to several reports he's currently down on the depth chart which would indicate he hasn't performed at a high level so far.

With that being I'm definitely rooting for him but if the coaching staff believes that there are six or seven receivers better than him on the roster at the end of camp I definitely don't want the team to keep him solely based on his draft status.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't read a lot about Amari making plays in camp. According to several reports he's currently down on the depth chart which would indicate he hasn't performed at a high level so far.

With that being I'm definitely rooting for him but if the coaching staff believes that there are six or seven receivers better than him on the roster at the end of camp I definitely don't want the team to keep him solely based on his draft status.
I agree - don't keep a player due to draft position, and I don't think Gluten will. Sounds like Amari worked ******* his body and conditioning in the off season. That still needs to translate to production on the field. And like you, I haven't been hearing much about him. Doubs on the other hand seems to be tearing it up.

IMO, this is where GMs earn their pay. I've said I don't put a lot of stock in stories coming out of TC, and not much more from PS games. No player wants to get hurt in a practice or meaningless game. So the coaches and GM have to look through that, and the small details, to decide who will fit on the 53. Just not an easy job.

Reaction score
I agree - don't keep a player due to draft position, and I don't think Gluten will. Sounds like Amari worked ******* his body and conditioning in the off season. That still needs to translate to production on the field. And like you, I haven't been hearing much about him. Doubs on the other hand seems to be tearing it up.

IMO, this is where GMs earn their pay. I've said I don't put a lot of stock in stories coming out of TC, and not much more from PS games. No player wants to get hurt in a practice or meaningless game. So the coaches and GM have to look through that, and the small details, to decide who will fit on the 53. Just not an easy job.
No I agree it’s not easy
I think it was Aaron that was talking about Preseason regarding Love. He said their job at QB is much deeper then just points scored. Did they make the correct reads, did they process the play correctly, did they command the players around them with confidence, even though several players will be completely running wrong routes or not following script those first few games. Is their footwork sound, do they use the exhaust the tools of the pockets designed protection before unnecessarily scrambling etc..
Is the player successful on adjusting and overcoming past key mistakes.

I think that applies to Romeo Doubs and every other guy. Are players properly applying what they’ve been taught? Are they able to process your responsibilities or even last second changes and assimilating to the speed of the game?
Player Assessment will go past how many points did Romeo score? etc.. I know for myself I’m guilty of seeing the players in black n white, but the coaches are looking many onion layers deeper than us casual fans.

D

Deleted member 6794

While I agree that no player wants to get hurt during the preseason the ones on the roster bubble need to go full speed in practice and preseason games to have a legit chance of making the roster. There's no way to prevent injuries from happening before the start of the season.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree that no player wants to get hurt during the preseason the ones on the roster bubble need to go full speed in practice and preseason games to have a legit chance of making the roster. There's no way to prevent injuries from happening before the start of the season.
Agreed. The guys fighting for their roster life have to play as if these are regular season games - all out. Injury is just part off the game and part of the risk they have to accept.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I agree it’s not easy
I think it was Aaron that was talking about Preseason regarding Love. He said their job at QB is much deeper then just points scored. Did they make the correct reads, did they process the play correctly, did they command the players around them with confidence, even though several players will be completely running wrong routes or not following script those first few games. Is their footwork sound, do they use the exhaust the tools of the pockets designed protection before unnecessarily scrambling etc..
Is the player successful on adjusting and overcoming past key mistakes.

I think that applies to Romeo Doubs and every other guy. Are players properly applying what they’ve been taught? Are they able to process your responsibilities or even last second changes and assimilating to the speed of the game?
Player Assessment will go past how many points did Romeo score? etc.. I know for myself I’m guilty of seeing the players in black n white, but the coaches are looking many onion layers deeper than us casual fans.
Good points and as Cap noted, the rookies and guys on the bubble have to give it their all in TC and PS games. The vets who are locks to start don't have to play or can play in limited situations. Personally I don't like PS games because of the risk to players, but they are necessary to build the roster of 53.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Sounds like most of the starters, except the OL, will be sitting out tomorrow's preseason game against the 49'ers. Sammy Watkins is among that group, that is being speculated as not playing. If that ends up being true, makes me think that he has locked down a roster spot, barring injury of course.

Reaction score
One thing I thought was interesting this season (that kinda went under the radar) was the symbiotic relationship between Romeo and Davante. Both players have been awarded First team All-Mountain West as Receivers. Both grew up in California. Romeo from LA and Davante Palo Alto. Both made notable position changes going into College, Adams played CB and Doubs QB/RB
Romeo’s HS Coach ended up in San Jose and also Nevada (where he recruited Romeo to play) Davante grew up close to San Jose. Davante went South (Fresno St) while Romeo ventured North (Reno, NV).
Obviously, both Jordan Love and Aaron Rodgers are CA natives. Obviously Love (Bakersfield) would be no stranger to the Region.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I thought was interesting this season (that kinda went under the radar) was the symbiotic relationship between Romeo and Davante. Both players have been awarded First team All-Mountain West as Receivers. Both grew up in California. Romeo from LA and Davante Palo Alto. Both made notable position changes going into College, Adams played CB and Doubs QB/RB
Romeo’s HS Coach ended up in San Jose and also Nevada (where he recruited Romeo to play) Davante grew up close to San Jose. Davante went South (Fresno St) while Romeo ventured North (Reno, NV).
Obviously, both Jordan Love and Aaron Rodgers are CA natives. Obviously Love (Bakersfield) would be no stranger to the Region.
Not sure where you're going with this. I take TC and PS games with a big grain of salt. I look at the first few weeks of the regular season to see who is the real thing, and who is not. It will clearly be better if there are more success stories, especially from the WR group. I just don't think that geographic or school coincidences have anything to do with how well guys will play.

Reaction score
Not sure where you're going with this. I take TC and PS games with a big grain of salt. I look at the first few weeks of the regular season to see who is the real thing, and who is not. It will clearly be better if there are more success stories, especially from the WR group. I just don't think that geographic or school coincidences have anything to do with how well guys will play.
Relax. I was just showing some geographical similarities I thought were neat. I like history is all. As Steve Martin told John Candy once years who. Not every story told is meant to be pleasurable when expressed anecdotally! (Just let me ramble on!) :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Relax. I was just showing some geographical similarities I thought were neat. I like history is all. As Steve Martin told John Candy once years who. Not every story told is meant to be pleasurable when expressed anecdotally! (Just let me ramble on!) :rolleyes:
I just couldn't follow your thread, just like I don't get the Steve Martin/John Candy thing. Maybe it's me. OK, ramble on.

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watch Trains Planes and Automobiles, it’s worth the watch. Candy had lots of rambling anecdotes like me. It was just me being nice and saying I probably rambled a bit.
He said "A bit!"

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Good thing coaches don't use 1st few weeks of regular season to see who is real thing

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts