2020 Roster: 53 Man & Practice Squad

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Packers placed safety Raven Greene (shoulder), running back Tyler Ervin (ankle) and defensive lineman Billy Winn (triceps) on injured reserve Wednesday.

Was good timing to sign Austin and Rush. I think we are sitting at 50 on the active roster. Who will Gute go out and get for the stretch run? Slim pickings but I see the need for another TE, DL and WR.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I put on my GM hat there's a couple guys I'd like who we couldn't nab in the Draft or Free Agency:

G
Lester Cotton
Beau Benzschawel

TE
Alize Mack

DL
Darrion Daniels
Albert Huggins

CB
Eli Apple
Adonis Alexander

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I put on my GM hat there's a couple guys I'd like who we couldn't nab in the Draft or Free Agency:

G
Lester Cotton
Beau Benzschawel

TE
Alize Mack

DL
Darrion Daniels
Albert Huggins

CB
Eli Apple
Adonis Alexander

Alize is a guy I'd sign right this minute for sure. Lot of potential in him IMO.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Stat of note. ATM per PFR, the Packers have more day 3 picks on the active roster than days 1 & 2 combined.

Pretty interesting and somewhat telling stat.

Just imagine how good the Packers will be when those Day 1 and Day 2 players are playing again. :whistling: :coffee:

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stat of note. ATM per PFR, the Packers have more day 3 picks on the active roster than days 1 & 2 combined.

To a point, that makes sense.

Day one and two: 3 rounds.

Day three: four rounds.

Also most of comp picks have been 4th round or later.

In short, I would expect more Day-3 Players because we have more Day-3 Picks.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
To a point, that makes sense.

Day one and two: 3 rounds.

Day three: four rounds.

Also most of comp picks have been 4th round or later.

In short, I would expect more Day-3 Players because we have more Day-3 Picks.

I have to assume "Day 3" also includes UDFA's.

My initial reaction would be to say that a team would have more 1st - 3rd round picks on a roster, since they should be or on average, the better players. Granted, many of the Packers latest ones are either injured or not playing.

I guess the only way the stat means something is if you compare it to the league average. If I was a betting man, I would say we are on the high end of Day 3 players on our 53. Which hey, for a 10-3 team, that is saying a lot about the teams draft and development skills if it is the case. Of course its also saying you aren't getting enough out of your day 1 and 2 players if true.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would always expect more Day 3 and UDFA on a roster than Day2/1s. Now I probably would expect more starters to be Day 1 and 2s. Just logical IMO given number of players on a roster and more players drafted day 3

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
No. I didn't add UDFA to day 3. UDFA is more than day 2. 20, 13, 12, 7:day 3, UDFA, day 2, day 1
Maybe should. UDFA’s are really nothing less than 9th round picks if you take into account the 32 compensatory picks. How much difference is there between a 7th round pick and a UDFA?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Gute sure keeps things moving....

The Packers designated three players for return from injured reserve on Wednesday: linebacker James Burgess and cornerbacks Kabion Ento and Parry Nickerson.

Basically taking advantage of the COVID IR rules and having the possibility of putting any of these guys on the Super Bowl Roster if they are needed. Also, I think it was necessary to allow them to workout with the team, which could be beneficial for decision making in regards to the 2021 Roster.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts