2020 Roster: 53 Man & Practice Squad

D

Deleted member 6794

Seth Roberts (WR) is being signed. There ya go! There’s your WR!

Unfortunately Roberts shouldn't be considered an upgrade over the receivers currently on the roster. That seems to be a move like signing Ryan Grant last year.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately Roberts shouldn't be considered an upgrade over the receivers currently on the roster. That seems to be a move like signing Ryan Grant last year.
Never know. He may end up making significant contributions down the stretch. Long ways to go yet.

edited for El Guapo.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that he was referring to Ryan Grant the wide receiver, not the awesome running back that we had.

James Starks was drafted by the Packers out of Buffalo(??) and I think spent half of his rookie season on IR or PUP until he was healthy, then as you noted, came on like a wildfire. A better comparison would be Andre Bad Moon Rison who Ron Wolf brought in mid-season for the playoff push.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What WR that isn’t on a roster would be an upgrade?

good grief people, be realistic for once.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think that he was referring to Ryan Grant the wide receiver, not the awesome running back that we had.

James Starks was drafted by the Packers out of Buffalo(??) and I think spent half of his rookie season on IR or PUP until he was healthy, then as you noted, came on like a wildfire. A better comparison would be Andre Bad Moon Rison who Ron Wolf brought in mid-season for the playoff push.
Ok, never mind. I’ll fix it for you.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But he is a clear upgrade over the low end PS/Depth guys without question.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB signed a NT. 6’5 350.

Anthony Rush. The Bears recently waived him. He’s been on a few teams, hasn’t done much. Worth a shot I guess, he’s certainly big.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack taking a look at tavon austin. former 1st round, 8th overall pick... hasn't done jack in the NFL really, don't know why. did i hear MVS got hurt in practice? may have something to do with that and sheppard not looking so hot.

D

Deleted member 6794

Can’t imagine he could be much worse than what we’ve seen lately.

I don’t ever want to see Shepherd again. Ugh.

I don't believe Austin would be worse either but I wonder how much of an upgrade he would present after struggling as a punt returner over the past few years.

In addition he has basically not returned kickoffs on a regular basis since his rookie season in 2013.

D

Deleted member 6794

According to Mike Garafolo the Packers are signing Tavon Austin. In addition they have claimed DL Anthony Rush off waivers from the Bears.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Henry Black (Safety) promoted from PS
Anthony Fabiano (Centre) signed to PS
Issac Nauta (TE) also signed to PS

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wonder if Black could play Greene's position when he is hurt. Because I don't think much of Redmond.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Black is the new Greene. ;)
Well, obviously I have not seen much of Henry Black. But it looks like he is unafraid of contact and I just don't think much of Redmond. Greene has been playing very well imo and is an important part of the D.