Initial 53 Man Roster, 2021 Season

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Obviously there will be some more churn, as there always is, but do I have this right?

Initial 53:

QB (2): Rodgers, Love

RB (3): Jones, Dillon, Hill

TE (4): Tonyan, Lewis, Deguara, Dafney

WR (6): Adams, Valdes-Scantling, Lazard, Cobb, Rodgers, Taylor

OL (9): Jenkins, Patrick, Myers, Newman, Turner, Runyan, Nijman, Kelly, Hanson

DL (6): Clark, Lowry, Keke, Slaton, Lancaster, Heflin

ED (5): Smith, Smith, Gary, Garvin, Rivers

LB (5): Barnes, Campbell, Burks, Summers, McDuffie

CB (6): Alexander, Stokes, King, Sullivan, Jean-Charles, Yiadom

S (4): Amos, Savage, Scott, Black

ST (3): Crosby, Bojorquez, Bradley

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Seems to me these are the areas that the FO, at least initially, has bucked the predictions:

1) Keeping Jake Hanson; most everyone had him cut. I don't think they loved what they saw when they cross-trained Patrick and Runyan at center.

2) Releasing Ben Braden-- at times it sounded like he might land a starting spot at OG, so it's surprising that he wasn't one of the last 9 along the OL.

3) Keeping both Lancaster and Heflin rather than choosing between them.

4) Keeping both Garvin and Rivers rather than choosing between them.

5) Keeping neither Gaines nor Uphoff.

Would not be surprised at all to see a waiver claim or trade come down at OL, ED, LB, or S.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have signed OLB Ladarius Hamilton (6-3, 260) from the Bucs practice squad to the 53-man roster.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we lose one of the best Defenders on our team and sign a UDFA off PS to replace him? Nice.

This gentleman isn't Z's replacement. Gary and Preston are your starters, which ain't bad.

This guy is there to be our 4th or 5th buy. Emergency OLB and take some snaps on special teams.

Reaction score
This gentleman isn't Z's replacement. Gary and Preston are your starters, which ain't bad.

This guy is there to be our 4th or 5th buy. Emergency OLB and take some snaps on special teams.
Oh I know. It’s just me griping. Read it again but sarcastically with a hint of smart Alec

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Packers seemed to have had their Practice squad pilfered by the Jaguars today. I don't know much about RB Ryquell Armstead, except that he was a 2019 5th round pick of the Jaguars and that he missed all of the 2020 season after developing respiratory issues stemming from COVID-19.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers seemed to have had their Practice squad pilfered by the Jaguars today. I don't know much about RB Ryquell Armstead, except that he was a 2019 5th round pick of the Jaguars and that he missed all of the 2020 season after developing respiratory issues stemming from COVID-19.

Well, it was a nice run anyway. There's always next year.

Members online

Latest posts