2019 UDFA NEWS and Signings

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
So a team should be willing to give up a 5th round pick for a guy you don't think should be our starter. This is the football equivalent of my **** doesn't stink. The guy isn't good enough to be on our team but lots of other teams should want him.

I realize that fans often give rose colored perspectives on their own trade candidates, but it is totally possible for Taylor to get beaten out by Jenkins and yet still have solid value.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As it should be, gbgary. Holy crap. Yes, Taylor struggled mightily last year, but trying his best with an injured foot all season. Did those dissing Lane Taylor not watch his play in 2017? He was dynamite, and he still is, now healthy again.

Jenkins shows his insane value nearly beating him out at OG as a rook.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I realize that fans often give rose colored perspectives on their own trade candidates, but it is totally possible for Taylor to get beaten out by Jenkins and yet still have solid value.

I agree if its simply a case of a guy getting beat out by a better player. However, the way the comment I replied to was presented, or at least the way interpreted it, was that Taylor isn't good enough for our team but is plenty good enough for others. In my interpretation it was the typical rose colored glasses perspective. If I was wrong I apologize to F>R259.

To the point Taylor was named the starter I agree with that decision. He had a bad year last year but I think injuries had something to do with that.

taylor cut/trade discussion is now moot.

You get a winner just for not saying mute

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm wondering if Taylor will be replaced by Jenkins at some point, but they didn't want to go into Solidier Field week one with a rookie.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm wondering if Taylor will be replaced by Jenkins at some point, but they didn't want to go into Solidier Field week one with a rookie.

I think this is a very good point. And theres not much gained by waiving him...could be a mid-season trade.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm wondering if Taylor will be replaced by Jenkins at some point, but they didn't want to go into Soldier Field week one with a rookie.
i think it was a stalemate and they went with experience. MLF said it was the comfort factor (i believe was the term he used). they had to have thought about the other reasons i mentioned too...at least i hope they did. jenkins is the very near future at almost any position on the line. MLF said he had a bright future. i don't think chi in particular had anything to do with it. their first 5 games are against very tough teams.

Members online

Latest posts