1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

2019 UDFA NEWS and Signings

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers Fan Forum' started by Pokerbrat2000, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Dantés

Dantés Gute Loot

Packer Fan Since:
    I realize that fans often give rose colored perspectives on their own trade candidates, but it is totally possible for Taylor to get beaten out by Jenkins and yet still have solid value.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. gbgary

gbgary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    taylor cut/trade discussion is now moot.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. greengold

greengold Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    As it should be, gbgary. Holy crap. Yes, Taylor struggled mightily last year, but trying his best with an injured foot all season. Did those dissing Lane Taylor not watch his play in 2017? He was dynamite, and he still is, now healthy again.

Jenkins shows his insane value nearly beating him out at OG as a rook.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. sschind

sschind Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:

I agree if its simply a case of a guy getting beat out by a better player. However, the way the comment I replied to was presented, or at least the way interpreted it, was that Taylor isn't good enough for our team but is plenty good enough for others. In my interpretation it was the typical rose colored glasses perspective. If I was wrong I apologize to F>R259.

To the point Taylor was named the starter I agree with that decision. He had a bad year last year but I think injuries had something to do with that.

You get a winner just for not saying mute

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Dantés

Dantés Gute Loot

Packer Fan Since:
    I'm wondering if Taylor will be replaced by Jenkins at some point, but they didn't want to go into Solidier Field week one with a rookie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. GleefulGary

GleefulGary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I think this is a very good point. And theres not much gained by waiving him...could be a mid-season trade.

7. gbgary

gbgary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    i think it was a stalemate and they went with experience. MLF said it was the comfort factor (i believe was the term he used). they had to have thought about the other reasons i mentioned too...at least i hope they did. jenkins is the very near future at almost any position on the line. MLF said he had a bright future. i don't think chi in particular had anything to do with it. their first 5 games are against very tough teams.