2016 Playoffs round 1 -- Giants

Sky King

Reaction score
May just be worn out from debating in another forum, but this doesn't quite register. Can you help?
This:
You might want to point to someplace other than 2011 if you're trying to instill confidence. :)
Nothing at all serious. Just a friendly tease about what year it is based upon your comment. :D

NY06

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually feel the opposite. I think Rodgers can handle the Giants defense heck we already beat them back when the Packers offense was struggling. I do worry about our own defense though which is why I think pressuring Eli is key.
The Giants defense that the Packers played last time is completely different. This defense has stifled some of best offenses in the league the past two months. Cowboys, Redskins, Lions to name a few.
The Giants concerns is the offense, but with Paul Perkins emerging as the starting running back is going to help us. The Packers are playing a defense that is playing its best football right now.

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So when we beat NY, does that mean the next game is at Dallas? or do we go to Atlanta. Assuming Seahawks beat Detroit.

828Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game scares the heck out of me. The determining factor is going to be how our DB's match up against OBJ, Sterling Shepherd, Cruz and Eli. We're depleted. Our guys have to step up.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You might want to point to someplace other than 2011 if you're trying to instill confidence. :)

Yeah, as disappointing as it may look on paper not to have gotten to our hopeful 13-3 record this year, the late surge here feels a lot more like 2010 as opposed to 2011. Circumstances are similar too. We got so beat up with injuries on our D that year it was next man up, but we found a way to do it in the late goings. Something tells me we just might pull it off this year too.

Plus, as fun as it was to watch our offense in 2011, they had too much success for their own good and got too lazy heading into the playoffs. This year they've had to do soul searching along the way and come out of a big hole to get back in it. Going to be interesting to see if they can keep Ty Montgomery and the Ripper going, those 2 are kind of the unsung heroes coming into the playoffs.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be less worried about the Giants if we were going into this game as "healthy" was we started the game last night. That was a brutal game for injuries for the Packers and I am anxious to hear the news about:

1. Monty
2. Bulaga
3. Rollins
4. Randall
5. Dorleant
6. Spriggs

We could be dangerously thin in the secondary and it will be interesting to watch what the Packers do to address that.

Hopefully, Cobb is able to go. He had a big game against the Giants last time. Speaking of last time, I think the Giants were without RB's Jennings and Perkins last time we squared off, so as much as we need to stop Manning and OBJ, we can't let Jennings and Perkins hurt us either.

Cold weather predicted in Green Bay on Sunday, hopng that favors the Packers!

The Giants had both backs and Victor Cruz out in regular season game. We able to OBJ in check, but there was few other threats in the game as recievers were banged up too. This will not be an easy game. We need a big pass rush because I doubt our secondary can cover the Giants recievers very long. On the offense we need to get enough running to keep the Giants from letting go the jail break pass rush. In regular season game we dominated time of possession. I think this game will be close. If both teams play mistake free this last one to have the ball kind of game.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who's playing corner? Gunter and Hyde?

I've never mentioned this before, but the versatility of Hyde and Burnett is so much appreciated!

Keep pressurizing Eli and we can win this game!

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I've never mentioned this before, but the versatility of Hyde and Burnett is so much appreciated!

Keep pressurizing Eli and we can win this game!

I'm thinking so, and that's all right with me. I like Morgan Burnett back there at safety.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants have the better defense by far. They can rush the passer, and they have 3 solid corners to our ZERO. If Clay stays stuck to the tackle like he did for much of the Lions game, and our dbs are running 4 yds behind their man Eli will be 3-0 against the Packers in the playoffs. Count on it. You can bracket OBJ yea..but who's going to cover Sheppard and Cruz?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Dorleant on crutches awaiting an MRI and Rollins probably out after spending the night in the hospital I'm guessing Herb Waters gets a call up to help at CB.

NYG's strength is their defensive front 7, keep them off of AR and the GB offense should continue to be effective. Not afraid of NYG's run game as that's GB's strength... but gotta keep Eli in the pocket and feeling heat otherwise he'll find his weapons. Capers needs to mix-up his middle blitzes to keep pressure up the middle, absolutely can not give him time to get comfortable and throw.

828Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli will be 3-0 against the Packers in the playoffs. Count on it. You can bracket OBJ yea..but who's going to cover Sheppard and Cruz?

In all honesty, I would worry less about who's going to cover Cruz and Shepard, and focus more on getting to Eli. Our secondary just needs to be serviceable if we can pressure Eli. I think that's our best chance rather than expecting our secondary to play above the norm.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a bad matchup for us. That D is capable of shutting us down. I'm just being realistic.
During the season we have had a lot of "bad match ups". Its football, we need to overcome play to our strengths and their weaknesses. That being said, all we have to do is show Eli something shiny and that will keep him busy for a couple of hours.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a bad matchup for us. That D is capable of shutting us down. I'm just being realistic.

There are no easy games for us here. Facing Seattle in CenturyLink is any better than Giants at home.

It'd be just fine if Lions do manage a miracle against Seattle, so we get to face the Falcons :D

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
This game scares the heck out of me. The determining factor is going to be how our DB's match up against OBJ, Sterling Shepherd, Cruz and Eli. We're depleted. Our guys have to step up.
And Rodgers has to be Rodgers.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It would've been nice to have a bye. That Colts and Titans game...ugh....
Also, I'm as big a Rodgers fan as they come, but we should have beaten Minnesota in week 2. He made some very, very uncharacteristic mistakes in that game.

This season could have definitely turned out better, but all things considered, I'm encouraged with the momentum and rhythm we have going into the postseason.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are no easy games for us here. Facing Seattle in CenturyLink is any better than Giants at home.

It'd be just fine if Lions do manage a miracle against Seattle, so we get to face the Falcons :D

I actually don't think a Lions win would be a miracle. Lions have lost three straight, but they were all against tough opponents, and it's not like Seattle has been lighting it up. Think that one will be closer than the spread suggests. I'm also not convinced @ATL is any easier than @DAL, but that's just me

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'm also not convinced @ATL is any easier than @DAL, but that's just me
I couldn't agree more.

The team that I want to avoid the most right now is Atlanta, especially with how banged up our secondary is. Both games would be played in domes, but I like our chances against a rookie quarterback with all of the pressure on him, as opposed to an MVP level quarterback who can fling it all over the yard.

We can take Dallas.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to pressure Eli, plain and simple. We do that and our offense does what it does and we'll win. If we don't get consistent pressure or at least put some very timely hits on him, it will be a long day.

I'm not even thinking about Dallas or Atlanta, we have a pretty big game right in front of us. There is nobody we can't beat, and nobody that can't beat us left in this thing. Detroit winning at Seattle won't be a miracle. I actually think they will. Detroit's Dline is fairly decent, I think they'll put enough pressure on Wilson and it's just a matter of if their offense shows up.

GiantsWorld

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys! Long time no see. Hope Packer nation is stoked for this one.

Very interesting game we have here.

Giants Defense is probably playing the best in the NFL right now, but clashing with the Packers offense which is playing amazing led by Aaron Rodgers.

Keys to beat the Gmen?

You guys are right. Pressure Eli. Have Matthews cause havoc out there as the Giants tackles can not protect Eli. When you do this, you need to press up on our receivers. Dont let them get the jump off at the LOS. The one thing giving me hope about our offense besides Odell is having our run game getting better and better. Perkins has emerged as a great looking RB and the future at the position. Speed, vision, patience, ect.

For the Giants? They need to CONTAIN Rodgers in the pocket while pressuring him. EAsier said than done, but that will be the key. Giants have 3 solid CBs out there that can cover. And Landon Collins is pushing for DPOY. Vernon is bringing constant pressure. Not having JPP hurts, but guys like Okwara and Wynn have been helping out. And you really wont be able to run on the Giants. Harrison and Hankins are brutal up front. Giants need to just find the few plays that spring Odell open and find Cruz and Shep for key moving the chains catches. We have a TE named Tye, but he isnt that good.

Go Giants

Members online

Latest posts