2016 Playoffs round 1 -- Giants

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense for both teams will be the determining factor for both teams.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game tonight was a fantastic way to cap off a big comeback season, couldn't have been better scripted.

Got a tough playoff slate coming BUT ... we've got some huge opportunities for redemption against old foes here, and it starts with the Giants.

We have plenty of motivation to beat them this time. The anger for me as a fan still rages hot at not getting to play in SB XLII, the game that should have been Favre's last as a Packer, and then of course the 2011 playoff game.

Good thing about the Giants is their offense has been less than impressive this year and may not be the biggest challenge we face. But bad news is their defense has played quite good this year and if you've got a good defense, your offense just needs to make those 1 or 2 plays that can propel you to wins. Eli's an overrated QB who has plenty of issues sure, but he's made those big plays in the playoffs before that got his team to the SB.

This time it's hopefully a big change in fortune from 1 and done against these guys.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game is going to come down to how much pressure we get on Eli and winning the turnover battle. Not too worried about obj because we've had a few WRs go off on us this season for career games and also have just given up tons of yards through the air in general and still won. We're single ply tp thin at cb with these injuries so I hope dom has some sort of good game plan in the works to put the heat on Eli who has been known to put a few balls up for grabs. I'm glad we have these guys at home in round 1 rather than going to Seattle though, that's for sure.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say it's more about can our OL keep the heat off of Rodgers and create some favorable matchups on the outside? The Giants D has been the real carrying point the last couple times they've gone deep in the playoffs including against us.

It's going to be tough and our guys know it. BUT .... There's just something about this team that has a 2010 vibe to it right now. Our trip to the playoffs was through the long and the hard way just like that year and at one point looked like it was over, but our 6-game run has been something to behold.

I feel this game here is that gateway game similar to that 2010 game in Philly. Win this one, and we got a chance to do something special.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game tonight was a fantastic way to cap off a big comeback season, couldn't have been better scripted.

Got a tough playoff slate coming BUT ... we've got some huge opportunities for redemption against old foes here, and it starts with the Giants.

We have plenty of motivation to beat them this time. The anger for me as a fan still rages hot at not getting to play in SB XLII, the game that should have been Favre's last as a Packer, and then of course the 2011 playoff game.

Good thing about the Giants is their offense has been less than impressive this year and may not be the biggest challenge we face. But bad news is their defense has played quite good this year and if you've got a good defense, your offense just needs to make those 1 or 2 plays that can propel you to wins. Eli's an overrated QB who has plenty of issues sure, but he's made those big plays in the playoffs before that got his team to the SB.

This time it's hopefully a big change in fortune from 1 and done against these guys.

Less than impressive is an understatement. They've only put up 19.4 points a game this season.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
A couple have mentioned it already. Got to pressure Eli, don't let ODB to beat you, and win the TO battle. No fumbles, and we need a clean game from Rodgers. They snagged a couple picks in Week 5, 2 might be 2 many in this one.

I'm more confident now than I was a few weeks ago. 27-21 Pack.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I would be less worried about the Giants if we were going into this game as "healthy" was we started the game last night. That was a brutal game for injuries for the Packers and I am anxious to hear the news about:

1. Monty
2. Bulaga
3. Rollins
4. Randall
5. Dorleant
6. Spriggs

We could be dangerously thin in the secondary and it will be interesting to watch what the Packers do to address that.

Hopefully, Cobb is able to go. He had a big game against the Giants last time. Speaking of last time, I think the Giants were without RB's Jennings and Perkins last time we squared off, so as much as we need to stop Manning and OBJ, we can't let Jennings and Perkins hurt us either.

Cold weather predicted in Green Bay on Sunday, hopng that favors the Packers!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pressure Eli early dont let him get in a groove, and he will throw some pics.
Agreed... Eli has no poise in the pocket when he is being pressured... he constantly throws badly placed rockets at his receivers if he is being pressured.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a bad matchup for us. That D is capable of shutting us down. I'm just being realistic.
I actually feel the opposite. I think Rodgers can handle the Giants defense heck we already beat them back when the Packers offense was struggling. I do worry about our own defense though which is why I think pressuring Eli is key.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone says just watch OBJ but really the Giants have 3 good receivers in Obj, Sheppard and Cruz. Add that with the current depth at CB and we have a big task to say the least. Its too late to bring in a CB off a teams PS I think so just have to do with what we got.

Sky King

Reaction score
Better to be playing at home regardless of the competition. They're all good teams one way or the other to have made the playoffs. No pushovers from here on in.

Good offense versus good defense and a not-so-good offense versus a not-so-good defense next Sunday. Kind of a wash except for home field advantage and, of course, untimely injuries that may yet bite either team, even during practice this week.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
How well is the offense flowing right now? They have scored 30+ points in four consecutive games, all victories. This has only happened one other time in the Rodgers era, by my count. Weeks 7-10 in 2011. And we all know what a well oiled machine that team was at the time.

Highly impressive.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You might want to point to someplace other than 2011 if you're trying to instill confidence. :)

KTH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well here we go again. (been years for me around here) I desperately did not want to face Green Bay, since they're an adopted second team since I moved to Rockford IL 12 years ago.

This time feels different. You are the hot team, with the hot qb. We'll still be a tough out, particularly with our defense. But Eli is going to have to suddenly start playing well.

Sky King

Reaction score
Well here we go again. (been years for me around here) I desperately did not want to face Green Bay, since they're an adopted second team since I moved to Rockford IL 12 years ago.

This time feels different. You are the hot team, with the hot qb. We'll still be a tough out, particularly with out defense. But Eli is going to have to suddenly start playing well.
Welcome back. Hot helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts