2014 season predictions/projections

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will add though schedule is tough but I think out of division games we fair the best against tough matchups when stacked up to Bears, Lions and Vikes....so even if we only win 10 I think that still wins division.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is my game by game picks followed by a little reasoning...

@ Seahawks: Packers make a statement and put the league on notice. Good Guys 24-20

Home v. Jets: Jets will try and play a clock-controlling game and put up a better fight than many are expecting. With that said Good Guys 27-13

@ Lions: Revenge is best served in Week 3. Stafford gets picked twice and Rodgers carves the Lions secondary with 4 TD's and no picks. Good Guys 35-20

@ Bears: Tough, physical match up that goes down to the wire. Pack has a tough time containing Forte and Cutler does just enough as the Bears win 27-23

Home v. Vikings: Pack rights the ship and makes it look easy in this one as it's Good Guys 38-17

@ Dolphins: I think this is going to surprise some folks and be one of the better games of Week 6. Lacy runs wild though and punishes the Dolphs with 124 yds and 2 scores. Good Guys 31-24

Home v Panthers: Low scoring affair with the superior defense prevailing. Panthers 20-16

@ Saints: Now I know the Saints don't lose at home but they do in this one. We all know AR loves domes and I see us having just enough to get by in this unquestioned game of the week. Good Guys 37-31

Middle of the Year Bye Week. As soon as I saw where the bye sat I knew the football gods were with us this year!
We head into the break with a 6-2 mark and big Mo as well coming off the road victory over Brees and Co.

Home v Bears: Cutler remembers he's Cutler and wets the bed in this one. 3 picks and one to the house as the Good Guys roll 30-17

Home v Eagles: Chip Kelly doesn't get to face Tolzien in this one like last year. Eagles put up some points but the Pack puts up more...Good Guys 28-24

@ Vikings: See Week 5 Good Guys yet again 38-17 (why not?!)

Home v. Patriots: This will serve as the "official" changing of the guard as AR outshines Brady. Good game in the snow. Good Guys 27-20

Home v. Falcons: Both teams put up some points but the Packers capitalize on 2 TO's and pull away in a "score didn't show how close this one was" game. Good Guys: 34-20

@ Bills: Tough place to play this time of the year and I think the Bills are going to be improved from last year. The loss of Alonso will prove too much to overcome though and Lacy and Starks do enough to get the dub. Good Guys 20-10

@ Buccaneers: As much as I hate to say it I see a "whoops" game here. The Bucs are a team on the rise in my eyes and I think they come to play in this one. Vegas curses McCarthy and Co. after this one...Bucs win 24-21

Home v Lions: Huge seeding implications and the Packers step up and get it done. Bitter cold game decided by the running game and TO's. Packers lock up the 1 seed with this W. Good Guys: 27-20

Packers win the Norris, top seed in NFC and a first round bye ending the regular season 13-3.

Divisional Matchup: The Niners roll into town and their recent run of dominance over the Packers ends. Tough game that ends up going down to the final 2 minutes. Rodgers gets it done with a back shoulder TD to Jordy sealing the deal and moving the Pack one step closer to the Big Game. Good Guys: 30-24

Conference Championship: A pissed off Seahawks group shows up to Lambeau looking for blood. And they find it. In their own mouths as the Packers prove their week one stunner to be no fluke. Offensive line dominates this game as the Packers make it look easier than anyone imagined. Arizona here we come baby!!! Good Guys roll 31-17.

Super Bowl XLIV: Well, well, well. Let's friggin get it on as Andrew Luck and Co. roll into University of Phoenix Stadium to dance with the most storied franchise in all of professional football. The game starts out fast and stays that way throughout in what ends up being a fan-friendly shootout with the top 2 field generals in the game putting on a show. The current best outdoes the futures best as the Packers bring back the Lombardi Trophy to where it belongs..TITLETOWN! Good Guys become kings of the league with a 35-31 victory over the up and coming Colts.

Call me crazy, call me homer, call me what you will. All I ask is that you call me right come seasons end. I think this team is loaded and primed for a Super Bowl run. I think the D ends up being somewhere in the 11-14 overall ranking range when the dust settles. I think this offense has a chance to set some records depending on weather in a few matchups. The running game will be better than it was last year and I see AR having another MVP season. The offense as a whole will just be too much for teams to contain for a full 4 quarters. Special season ahead my friends and I look forward to discussing all of it right here with all of you!!! GO PACK GO!!!!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Here is my game by game picks followed by a little reasoning...

@ Seahawks: Packers make a statement and put the league on notice. Good Guys 24-20

Home v. Jets: Jets will try and play a clock-controlling game and put up a better fight than many are expecting. With that said Good Guys 27-13

@ Lions: Revenge is best served in Week 3. Stafford gets picked twice and Rodgers carves the Lions secondary with 4 TD's and no picks. Good Guys 35-20

@ Bears: Tough, physical match up that goes down to the wire. Pack has a tough time containing Forte and Cutler does just enough as the Bears win 27-23

Home v. Vikings: Pack rights the ship and makes it look easy in this one as it's Good Guys 38-17

@ Dolphins: I think this is going to surprise some folks and be one of the better games of Week 6. Lacy runs wild though and punishes the Dolphs with 124 yds and 2 scores. Good Guys 31-24

Home v Panthers: Low scoring affair with the superior defense prevailing. Panthers 20-16

@ Saints: Now I know the Saints don't lose at home but they do in this one. We all know AR loves domes and I see us having just enough to get by in this unquestioned game of the week. Good Guys 37-31

Middle of the Year Bye Week. As soon as I saw where the bye sat I knew the football gods were with us this year!
We head into the break with a 6-2 mark and big Mo as well coming off the road victory over Brees and Co.

Home v Bears: Cutler remembers he's Cutler and wets the bed in this one. 3 picks and one to the house as the Good Guys roll 30-17

Home v Eagles: Chip Kelly doesn't get to face Tolzien in this one like last year. Eagles put up some points but the Pack puts up more...Good Guys 28-24

@ Vikings: See Week 5 Good Guys yet again 38-17 (why not?!)

Home v. Patriots: This will serve as the "official" changing of the guard as AR outshines Brady. Good game in the snow. Good Guys 27-20

Home v. Falcons: Both teams put up some points but the Packers capitalize on 2 TO's and pull away in a "score didn't show how close this one was" game. Good Guys: 34-20

@ Bills: Tough place to play this time of the year and I think the Bills are going to be improved from last year. The loss of Alonso will prove too much to overcome though and Lacy and Starks do enough to get the dub. Good Guys 20-10

@ Buccaneers: As much as I hate to say it I see a "whoops" game here. The Bucs are a team on the rise in my eyes and I think they come to play in this one. Vegas curses McCarthy and Co. after this one...Bucs win 24-21

Home v Lions: Huge seeding implications and the Packers step up and get it done. Bitter cold game decided by the running game and TO's. Packers lock up the 1 seed with this W. Good Guys: 27-20

Packers win the Norris, top seed in NFC and a first round bye ending the regular season 13-3.

Divisional Matchup: The Niners roll into town and their recent run of dominance over the Packers ends. Tough game that ends up going down to the final 2 minutes. Rodgers gets it done with a back shoulder TD to Jordy sealing the deal and moving the Pack one step closer to the Big Game. Good Guys: 30-24

Conference Championship: A pissed off Seahawks group shows up to Lambeau looking for blood. And they find it. In their own mouths as the Packers prove their week one stunner to be no fluke. Offensive line dominates this game as the Packers make it look easier than anyone imagined. Arizona here we come baby!!! Good Guys roll 31-17.

Super Bowl XLIV: Well, well, well. Let's friggin get it on as Andrew Luck and Co. roll into University of Phoenix Stadium to dance with the most storied franchise in all of professional football. The game starts out fast and stays that way throughout in what ends up being a fan-friendly shootout with the top 2 field generals in the game putting on a show. The current best outdoes the futures best as the Packers bring back the Lombardi Trophy to where it belongs..TITLETOWN! Good Guys become kings of the league with a 35-31 victory over the up and coming Colts.

Call me crazy, call me homer, call me what you will. All I ask is that you call me right come seasons end. I think this team is loaded and primed for a Super Bowl run. I think the D ends up being somewhere in the 11-14 overall ranking range when the dust settles. I think this offense has a chance to set some records depending on weather in a few matchups. The running game will be better than it was last year and I see AR having another MVP season. The offense as a whole will just be too much for teams to contain for a full 4 quarters. Special season ahead my friends and I look forward to discussing all of it right here with all of you!!! GO PACK GO!!!!

That was not only interesting, but funny and entertaining. I hope for some reason you are correct.....exept one game, I hope we punish the Bears both times.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First post on this forum!!

I foresee 5-3 at the bye (3 away losses to SEA, CHI & NO), and 6-2 after the bye (NE & a meaningless last game to DET)...
11-5 and healthy heading into the playoffs.
welcome!

I'm going to go with 12-4. I think this is one of the best teams the Packers have out on the field since Lombardi. I think the offense will not only be the best in franchise history, but will make the top 10 all time lists.

I think our defense is closer to respectability than many realized last season and will be very good this coming season. I like our chances for another trophy in the case.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Still calling 10-6 with injuries along the way. CAR has a monster front 4 and Keuchley, but the rest of that D is just begging to be exploited. And now Cam is alone with just Olsen and Benjamin. Who knows, maybe Tavarres King emerges.

I've always liked Tavarres King. TT tried to get him last year off Denver practice squad and Denver blocked it by moving him up on there 53 only to move him back down to practice squad then Carolina scooped him up. We ended up scooping up Chris Harper, who from reports could be a major steal if it's true he has elevated his route running and game.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Obviously injuries are a concern every year. What I see as a positive is this roster is deeper then I have seen in years past so as long as Rodgers stays healthy playoffs are in the horizon and a super bowl run. This should be the most powerful and productive Packer offense of all time. .

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was not only interesting, but funny and entertaining. I hope for some reason you are correct.....exept one game, I hope we punish the Bears both times.
Yeah, I have a 13 hour work day today so figured "what the hell, let's do every game!" Life is too damn hard to not have a little fun and it may as well be with something we all (here at least) love. I appreciate the comment and while part of me knows this may be a pipe dream the other part really does think that we are loaded and in for one helluva season! GPG!!

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First post on this forum!!

I foresee 5-3 at the bye (3 away losses to SEA, CHI & NO), and 6-2 after the bye (NE & a meaningless last game to DET)...
11-5 and healthy heading into the playoffs.

Yeah, welcome to the best Packer forum on the web! I have been here for only a brief stint but have found almost everyone to be knowledgeable and pretty level headed. Great place to bounce ideas off people and get a pulse of what REAL Packer fans are thinking. Again, welcome aboard and as always GPG!

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
12-4 seems about right. And a very good shot at a ring. Russell Wilson always uses a quote from his dad, "Why not us?"

As a part of Packer Nation, why not us? We have the best quarterback in the game in Aaron Rodgers. The Packers are going into the season with the most punishing running game here that I can remember since '03. Deepest WR group since the "Big Five". A steady offensive line. A defense that should be "markedly improved". Special teams should be improved with Dajuan Harris and possibly someone like Abbrederis.

Even if the unthinkable happens again this year with all the injuries, as long as they can keep Rodgers healthy, this team is so deep I still wouldn't count them out of title contention.

I'm thinking we have a great season in store for us as Packer fans! :D

D

Deleted member 6794

12-4 seems about right. And a very good shot at a ring. Russell Wilson always uses a quote from his dad, "Why not us?"

As a part of Packer Nation, why not us? We have the best quarterback in the game in Aaron Rodgers. The Packers are going into the season with the most punishing running game here that I can remember since '03. Deepest WR group since the "Big Five". A steady offensive line. A defense that should be "markedly improved". Special teams should be improved with Dajuan Harris and possibly someone like Abbrederis.

Even if the unthinkable happens again this year with all the injuries, as long as they can keep Rodgers healthy, this team is so deep I still wouldn't count them out of title contention.

I'm thinking we have a great season in store for us as Packer fans! :D

I agree with most of your post, calling the receiver group the deepsest since the "Big Five" is way premature though. Right now, we have three guys on the roster with more than 10 career receptions.

cara murphy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keeping healthy is the most important thing for every player. Every year someone is injured. When these injured players lose their games, it maybe have a big pact in his career life. Now the powerful Rodgers must create a new record in the future.

Green and Gold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a way to kickoff the season. It is the toughest game on our schedule to say the least, considering the amount of hype this game will get and the banner ceremony before hand. We will need to play a flawless game to win. Most importantly we can not turn the ball over. I think we keep it close, and prove that we belong in the “elite teams” conversation and that our D has improved, but win in a close game. 23-17 WIN (1-0)

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
What a way to kickoff the season. It is the toughest ga me on our schedule to say the least, considering the amount of hype this game will get and the banner ceremony before hand. We will need to play a flawless game to win. Most importantly we can not turn the ball over. I think we keep it close, and prove that we belong in the “elite teams” conversation and that our D has improved, but win in a close game. 23-17 WIN (1-0)

A lot of people think I am off my rocker but I think our offensive line beats em up and Lacy and Starks move ball on them. Once you get them out of there 4-3 base Rodgers can light them up. There defensive line will not be what it was last year and there hype meter is ridiculous. "Green and Gold" is much hungrier right now. I agree. No turnovers and I believe it is a very winnable game. Can't wait to see Claymaker and Peppers get after Wilson.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts