2014 season predictions/projections

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has Seahawks over Colts in the Super Bowl. Has us losing to Seattle in the NFC Championship game.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we can go 13-3 if we stay healthy. Having Rodgers for a full season is a for sure 10 wins. Any wins over that will depend on how well our defense has progressed.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
every year it is "if we stay healthy", well ..... WE WONT. I think that an 11 - 5 season is more realistic since we do play some rather tough teams and WE WILL have injuries.

Playing teams like SEA to start off the season is not a good way to get off on the right foot. then we have others like the Panther (mega defense), Saints (always play us tough), Eagles are no longer a push over, Patriots are the devil and then our divisional foes the Lions and bears twice each. Not even worried about Vikes. Our schedule is no slacker to say the least.

Last edited:

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Still calling 10-6 with injuries along the way. CAR has a monster front 4 and Keuchley, but the rest of that D is just begging to be exploited. And now Cam is alone with just Olsen and Benjamin. Who knows, maybe Tavarres King emerges.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Still calling 10-6 with injuries along the way. CAR has a monster front 4 and Keuchley, but the rest of that D is just begging to be exploited. And now Cam is alone with just Olsen and Benjamin. Who knows, maybe Tavarres King emerges.

well, not like these two are huge names, but they are serviceable: They picked up Jason Avant, and Jericho cochery (sp?)

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel comfortable going with 11-5 but could easily see us going 13-3. I am not going to mention the "I" word as it WILL be a non-factor this year. We are due a break (no pun intended) and I see a relatively healthy season on the horizon. Yes, there are some difficult games but there is also the recent trend of projected good teams being turds and "bad" teams making a splash. At the beginning of last season if I told you that the Texans would be picking one overall you would've said I was crazy. I am most intrigued to watch the Saints and Patriots games. I am one of the few who love that fact that we open in Seattle and think we take care of bidness. This defense is going to surprise a lot of people this year and our offense is going to be flat out sick. You know what, screw it, I am going with 14-2! I am talking myself into that as I take my 7th shot of Packer juice this morning!!! 14-2, yeah, that's the ticket...

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Predictions based on nothing:
- NFC North title
- Injury problems won't be *as* bad. They can't possibly be, right? But...
Claymaker will miss games, at least one OL will probably be lost for the season, etc.
- >3 INTs from our safeties
- No individual has > 9 sacks, but we are top 5 in team total.
- Raji records 1.0 sacks. It won't be pretty... he'll either get pushed into the quarterback or trip and fall into him, but it's going to be a sack.
- Abbrederis has a return TD.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we can go 13-3 if we stay healthy. Having Rodgers for a full season is a for sure 10 wins. Any wins over that will depend on how well our defense has progressed.
You have it pretty much nailed. I mean look at how the O did last year w/o AR, Cobb, and Finley and a 4th round starter at OLT..... To hit 13-3, they have to start fast, first four weeks are tough with Seahawks, Bears and Lions. They need to come out of that at 2-2 or 3-1. I love the Pack but the opener against the champs in Seattle is going to be tough. But hey if the Cards can win up there, so can GB.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF the D is as improved everyone wants to believe it is I think 13-3 during the regular season and either NFC Championship loss or upward to a Superbowl win are attainable.

IF the D isn't improved I see 8-8 and maybe a wildcard berth and loss.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I can see us going 14-2, but I think 12-4 or 11-5 is more likely. I think we are going to see some early blowouts this year because I'm fully expecting to see more three and outs from our defense this year.

If Rodgers is healthy for the playoffs, I like our chances of winning it all because of our depth of experience.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Predicting the upcoming season before there has even been a week of training camp is just too much wishful thinking. We all want to see the Packers go all the way to the SB , but I want to see how this team forms up. The Defense is the biggest question, can they rush Passers or tackle runners or cover a good passing attack ? Will the receivers step up to our QB's level ? Will the O-Line prove to be as good as we believe it should be ? Will a Tight End emerge as a new bright star ?
Too many questions need to start to be answered before a rational prediction can be made. Let us try to think positive about our teams future and send good vibrations to our Packers

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
10 wins.

I'd say we could compete with the bullies in the NFC, i.e. San Fran, Seattle, and Carolina; but Capers is such a huge liability on the defensive side of the ball that it makes it very tough to compete against tough/physical teams.

If we had a better defensive coordinator, I'd say we have as good a chance as anyone of winning the SB.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
10 wins.

I'd say we could compete with the bullies in the NFC, i.e. San Fran, Seattle, and Carolina; but Capers is such a huge liability on the defensive side of the ball that it makes it very tough to compete against tough/physical teams.

If we had a better defensive coordinator, I'd say we have as good a chance as anyone of winning the SB.
I immediately stopped reading. worst43 it is.

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, my brother and I looked thru the schedule today, game by game, and came up with 12 wins.

So we figured something is bound to go wrong, or we'll lose to someone we're not expected to... so we settled on 11-5.

If Rodgers gets hurt it's over, but 11-5 sounds about right.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First post on this forum!!

I foresee 5-3 at the bye (3 away losses to SEA, CHI & NO), and 6-2 after the bye (NE & a meaningless last game to DET)...
11-5 and healthy heading into the playoffs.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now...right this second...well before even the roster is set.....before really any etched in stone depth chart or pre-season injuries occur.....

.....I am setting at 12-4 with division title and true shot at at minimum NFC Ship' participant.

This team is depth driven at a lot of spots and barring injuries at QB I think we can absorb some better than years prior....dare I say 14-2 is possible.

Members online

Latest posts