Why over-react?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My problems with Ted's drafts...are Ted. Justin Harrell, Colledge, Brohm, Raji so far...etc. I almost had a heart-attack celebrating when he drafted Bulaga this year. So based on those pics and the other things he's done as GM involving personnel moves *Wahle, Rivera etc* any reaction to what he does I don't consider an over-reaction. Sorry if anyone disagrees.

I agree he missed on Harrell and Brohm (Obviously), but Raji? Come on man, the kid's been here for one friggin year and didn't even play in a few games to start the season due to spraining his ankle. Jesus man, cut him and TT some slack! As has been correctly pointed out, every single one of TT's picks since he's been here in Green Bay is still playing in the NFL, whether it's here or elsewhere. No other GM can say that.

IIRC Wahle and Rivera had to be traded because of the salary cap hell we were in thanks to Sherman. There was no way around it.

I know we haven't won every single Super Bowl since Thompson got here, but it takes time to build a solid team. I'd argue we have one of the better teams in the league now thanks to Thompson, and will for some time in the future. Sure he makes some mistakes, just like you and everyone else would. No GM ever hits 100% on his draft. The difference is you have the benefit of hindsight you can use to criticize. Try picking your team without the benefit of hindsight, and using things like contracts and salary caps to keep your team in tact. I'd be curious to see how well you (Or anyone else who thinks they can do better) would do against the GM's in the league.

It's not all doom and gloom man. We're built for a run, and we're built for a run for a long time to come, thanks to Ted Thompson. I know a lot of you hate to admit it, but he's been a great GM, who like the rest of us, has missed here or there. For every one of his draft mishaps you can point to one or two of his draft home runs. It's time Packer fans cut the guy a little slack.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with SpartaChris...One thing people don't ever think about when looking at the available players in the draft is, just because they were good on their collage team does not mean they will be good on any team that picks them in the NFL. GM's know their teams week spots and they know exactly the the type of player that would fit that exact position for the exact offensive or defensive schemes they think the position is week in. A lot more goes into evaluating players for the draft than you prob think about. Just because a player that you like is still on the board or available in FA doesn't mean they would be great for the Packers.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As has been correctly pointed out, every single one of TT's picks since he's been here in Green Bay is still playing in the NFL, whether it's here or elsewhere. No other GM can say that.

Thats not true, but TT has been one of the best at drafting in the NFL.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, my apologies. I mis-read the JSOnline article. My bad..

Either way, he's still the only GM with every single draft pick from the past three drafts still in the league. Hard to bash a guy with that track record.

Members online

Latest posts