Bengals Preseason PFF Best and Worst

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well....might as well keep this thing going like I've done for a while now. Again just observational gradings with metrics some like, some hate and like any measurement don't always capture it all.

That said here you go:

OFFENSE BEST

Emanuel Wilson 93.5
- no shock here, he not only delivered, but did with an insanely high efficiency aided by the 80 yarder of course.
Elgton Jenkins 85.6 - He got an F- during the week behaving like Quay though LOL
Zach Tom 78.5 - This is the player that may be my best predictive draft guy I loved...and he continues to show he is likely an ELITE lineman in the NFL
Luke Tenuta 76.5 - Tenuta and Walker we keep hearing are excelling...good day from Luke
Dontayvion Wicks 76.3 - our 4th and 5th WR spot battle to me is WIDE OPEN and Wicks is stacking days.

OFFENSE WORST

Alex McGough 28.1-
Jitters for sure, I actually look forward to him calming down - dude delivered in the USFL and I think he has that back up QB ability.
Royce Newman 35.4 - Royce to me is becoming that great example of a guy that tossed in a kitchen he's going to deliver something you can live on...given time in the kitchen to prepare a meal for you and it is going to suck...his rookie year he was tossed in and said survive, and he did better than he seemingly has been now that time has passed.
Duece Watts 43.3 - I'm a fan of Duece but this is a crowded and TALENTED young room...days like this are not helping him be a PS retention (he isn't making the initial 53).
Tucker Kraft 44.8 - To me it was the blocking, he has to grow there quickly to get significant snaps this year IMO. That is his pathway to staying on the field...he isn't going to be a deadlier threat in the passing game than Musgrave, he blocks - he will play.
Henry Pearson 48.5 - who cares...camp body IMO

DEFENSE BEST

William Hooper 90.3
- Days like this might keep him around GB on the PS this year.
Carrington Valentine 89.8 - I told you guys this is a dog...and this dog is arguably stacking more good days than any new face in GB right now....imagine a world where we have four legit outside trusted CBs (Jaire, Rasul, Stokes and Carrington) all gifted in man coverage....
TJ Slaton 89.5 - You asked me who in the past few years has grown the most on this team - I BOLDY circle this young man's name. Good day for TJ
Tarvarius Moore 81.7 - Solid outing, tackled excellently and is pushing to be in the safety room when the dust settles.
Anthony Johnson Jr 76.5 - Solid, not amazing, day...and IMO shows he is a gamer. Some guys excel when going against a different team or in a game setting. He's gonna get ample chances...more days like this will bode well for him.

DEFENSE WORST

Devonte Wyatt 29.1
- One preseason blunder...not going to overreact...however Wyatt has to start producing on potential.
Jason Lewan 34.8 - See Pearson comment for Offense.
Jonathan Owens 35.0 - That explosive play he gave up in just 15 snaps hurts his great greatly....if a full game big chance it irons that one wrinkle out more. I still think Owens is the leader for starting along Savage
Lukas Van Ness 40.8 - I've said it before, I picture a slow but steady start for baby hercules...no need to worry.
Kenneth Odumegwu 51.4 - Love this guy, would love to see him stay in GB on the PS...raw athletic body type and great story.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well....might as well keep this thing going like I've done for a while now. Again just observational gradings with metrics some like, some hate and like any measurement don't always capture it all.

That said here you go:

OFFENSE BEST

Emanuel Wilson 93.5
- no shock here, he not only delivered, but did with an insanely high efficiency aided by the 80 yarder of course.
Elgton Jenkins 85.6 - He got an F- during the week behaving like Quay though LOL
Zach Tom 78.5 - This is the player that may be my best predictive draft guy I loved...and he continues to show he is likely an ELITE lineman in the NFL
Luke Tenuta 76.5 - Tenuta and Walker we keep hearing are excelling...good day from Luke
Dontayvion Wicks 76.3 - our 4th and 5th WR spot battle to me is WIDE OPEN and Wicks is stacking days.

OFFENSE WORST

Alex McGough 28.1-
Jitters for sure, I actually look forward to him calming down - dude delivered in the USFL and I think he has that back up QB ability.
Royce Newman 35.4 - Royce to me is becoming that great example of a guy that tossed in a kitchen he's going to deliver something you can live on...given time in the kitchen to prepare a meal for you and it is going to suck...his rookie year he was tossed in and said survive, and he did better than he seemingly has been now that time has passed.
Duece Watts 43.3 - I'm a fan of Duece but this is a crowded and TALENTED young room...days like this are not helping him be a PS retention (he isn't making the initial 53).
Tucker Kraft 44.8 - To me it was the blocking, he has to grow there quickly to get significant snaps this year IMO. That is his pathway to staying on the field...he isn't going to be a deadlier threat in the passing game than Musgrave, he blocks - he will play.
Henry Pearson 48.5 - who cares...camp body IMO

DEFENSE BEST

William Hooper 90.3
- Days like this might keep him around GB on the PS this year.
Carrington Valentine 89.8 - I told you guys this is a dog...and this dog is arguably stacking more good days than any new face in GB right now....imagine a world where we have four legit outside trusted CBs (Jaire, Rasul, Stokes and Carrington) all gifted in man coverage....
TJ Slaton 89.5 - You asked me who in the past few years has grown the most on this team - I BOLDY circle this young man's name. Good day for TJ
Tarvarius Moore 81.7 - Solid outing, tackled excellently and is pushing to be in the safety room when the dust settles.
Anthony Johnson Jr 76.5 - Solid, not amazing, day...and IMO shows he is a gamer. Some guys excel when going against a different team or in a game setting. He's gonna get ample chances...more days like this will bode well for him.

DEFENSE WORST

Devonte Wyatt 29.1
- One preseason blunder...not going to overreact...however Wyatt has to start producing on potential.
Jason Lewan 34.8 - See Pearson comment for Offense.
Jonathan Owens 35.0 - That explosive play he gave up in just 15 snaps hurts his great greatly....if a full game big chance it irons that one wrinkle out more. I still think Owens is the leader for starting along Savage
Lukas Van Ness 40.8 - I've said it before, I picture a slow but steady start for baby hercules...no need to worry.
Kenneth Odumegwu 51.4 - Love this guy, would love to see him stay in GB on the PS...raw athletic body type and great story.
I'm anxious to see which players who have shown promise continue that arc, and which players who have failed to this point, start to get their act in gear, and trend upward.

I want to see it being a difficult decision deciding who stays and goes.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm anxious to see which players who have shown promise continue that arc, and which players who have failed to this point, start to get their act in gear, and trend upward.

I want to see it being a difficult decision deciding who stays and goes.
Agree. I want Gute and MLF dreading cut down day.
Again just observational gradings with metrics some like, some hate and like any measurement don't always capture it all.
As long as PFF is consistent across all teams and players for easy comparison. Alas...
.imagine a world where we have four legit outside trusted CBs (Jaire, Rasul, Stokes and Carrington) all gifted in man coverage....
Don't matter. Joe Barry is going to play zone more than we like...at the wrong time...with his stooooooopid 3 man rush.
That explosive play he gave up in just 15 snaps hurts his great
I think two missed tackles led to two big plays.
Chargers have a player in the same program. He got a sack vs the Rams<?>.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't matter. Joe Barry is going to play zone more than we like...at the wrong time...with his stooooooopid 3 man rush.
Couldn't be said better. Out of the jaws of victory, Joe will do his best to snatch defeat. I get nauseous every time I see them dropping into zone.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If he doesn't make the 53, pretty much guaranteed to be on the PS since it is 'free' (exemption for 2023)

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stokes even going to get off pup?

Last I heard the goal was maybe be back to full participant for final week of preseason....but I don't get the sense that is gonna happen at all any more. I'll try shooting my contact a text and see feeling.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I get the impression that Stokes is going to be a backup CB until he proves he's the best CB candidate to start. I'm not seeing that happen in the first month of the season at least.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get the impression that Stokes is going to be a backup CB until he proves he's the best CB candidate to start. I'm not seeing that happen in the first month of the season at least.
From what I saw, Stokes was good in man coverage at the corner, but struggled when it came to zone. That happens with some players. Especially those who can't mentally process what they see unfolding in front of them quick enough to make the proper response. In man coverage, you're focused on one aspect, and it makes it easier.

The second thing is speed. Will he recover from the injury, and maintain the speed he had? A lot of players who have similar injuries have been known to lose a half, or full step, and some of their ability to pivot and change direction, in coverage. Coming back to where he was is going to be tough.

Your assessment that he's going to be working to prove himself is on the money, no doubt about it. In the meantime, We have a couple of guys who I think are going to add some excitement to the mix, if they can avoid falling into those traps that ends up giving the opposition easy TDs.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stokes is amazing at man...struggles at zone. His rookie year wasn't just good for a rookie it was good for a starting level CB in the league. Last year, even in man snaps he still showed he is a starter level....

Barry could screw Stokes career in GB if he doesn't learn to match calls with his personnel...we have four corners right now that play exceptionally well in man calls (Jaire, Rasul, Stokes and Carrington)...USE IT JOE

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree. I want Gute and MLF dreading cut down day.

As long as PFF is consistent across all teams and players for easy comparison. Alas...

I think two missed tackles led to two big plays.

Chargers have a player in the same program. He got a sack vs the Rams<?>.
Asking for a friend. Are Captain Wimm and Poppa San the same person?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Seriously? He was banned?
Yup...then tried to create a new name

I'll be up front...for years this guy would dismiss my claims of knowing things and bash me and basiclly call me a liar. We were like oil and water.

I finally had enough and had him on ignore...he was told not to talk about about me...to leave my name out of his posts. YEARS this went on. YEARS...

While he was on my ignore...He would on occasion back hand made snide comments and posters would tell me.

I would let it slide.

Then I had convos with him and other mods to stop.

I always tried to let poppa or others handle things with him, so my personal feelings didn't get in the way...

Then a month ago? He was backhanding bashing me in a post..

So I had enough...

I seriously have had it and holding back because I am a mod. Because if I lashed back then he (and others) would be (paraphrasing) " how dare you speak that way, you are a mod"

So I did 4 month ban. Why? Because he would never change and I wanted to truly show him to stop the sh it

The a week later ip sniffer dinged him and a new poster

After 20 mins of digging and using programs to verify. I realised he made new name. That is automatically a perm ban

Now..this may open up a can of worms. So be it. But after being poked for YEARS he needed to know to stop.

So that's why now I am saying I ain't holding back

@Sunshinepacker your off ignore.mso you best be prepared to get the **** flung back when you do it to me

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve never liked the ignore feature existing, I’ve also never truly got along good with Capt because of his dismissive condescending nature, but dangit I wish it wouldn’t have had to come to that - but I also get it.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup...then tried to create a new name

I'll be up front...for years this guy would dismiss my claims of knowing things and bash me and basiclly call me a liar. We were like oil and water.

I finally had enough and had him on ignore...he was told not to talk about about me...to leave my name out of his posts. YEARS this went on. YEARS...

While he was on my ignore...He would on occasion back hand made snide comments and posters would tell me.

I would let it slide.

Then I had convos with him and other mods to stop.

I always tried to let poppa or others handle things with him, so my personal feelings didn't get in the way...

Then a month ago? He was backhanding bashing me in a post..

So I had enough...

I seriously have had it and holding back because I am a mod. Because if I lashed back then he (and others) would be (paraphrasing) " how dare you speak that way, you are a mod"

So I did 4 month ban. Why? Because he would never change and I wanted to truly show him to stop the sh it

After 20 mins of digging and using programs to verify. I realised he made new name. That is automatically a perm ban

Now..this may open up a can of worms. So be it. But after being poked for YEARS he needed to know to stop.

So that's why now I am saying I ain't holding back

@Sunshinepacker your off ignore.mso you best be prepared to get the **** flung back when you do it to me

Thanks for clarifying it for me. I appreciate it. It sounds like you tried to make it work. It's too bad things like this have to happen.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve never liked the ignore feature existing, I’ve also never truly got along good with Capt because of his dismissive condescending nature, but dangit I wish it wouldn’t have had to come to that - but I also get it.
Part of Captain's problem is language. He lives in Austria, and that would make him Germanic. They don't have the same diplomacy in their language as we do. They are more blunt, and it can be offensive to most of us.

Reaction score
I’ll just say I’m also sorry it had to go down like that.
Him and I were near combustible and my X wife was easier to get along with. I had to ask the Lord for forgiveness on many occasions with him as he just knew how to dig under my skin on another level. I disagree with others in here on occasion that’s part of life and various personalities don’t all jive the same, but none on his level or even close.

The Dr. told me my blood pressure had miraculously returned to normal range and he asked me what I changed? I told him I’m the Captain of my own ship again…
and he just looked at me kinda funny.
(This part was a joke)

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Did he really think we wouldn't quickly realize it was him with his very unique posting style?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts