Bengals Preseason PFF Best and Worst

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Part of Captain's problem is language. He lives in Austria, and that would make him Germanic. They don't have the same diplomacy in their language as we do. They are more blunt, and it can be offensive to most of us.
I do one hundred percent agree and is why I never tried to truly take him to heart - dude had a ton of info and added content to the forum for sure and I will miss that aspect for sure

Reaction score
Yup...then tried to create a new name
That’s ludicrous
I finally had enough and had him on ignore..
Why would you do that
I would let it slide.
Sliding isn’t the correct terminology
So I had enough.
Are you sure. It’s possible your wrong
The a week later ip sniffer dinged him and a new poster
That might be difficult to do
I’ve never liked the ignore
I’m convinced ignore is the best feature
As my Colonel might say, interesting, very interesting.
Not in my opinion
Thanks for clarifying it for me
Clarifying is not the best emotion imo
Did he really think we wouldn't quickly realize it was him with his very unique posting style
I’ve had 5 usernames going simultaneously. Captain was just 1 personality I have. New Bott, Pokerbrat2000, Mondio, Oldschool
it’s all me!
I’m back!
J/K :roflmao:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Part of Captain's problem is language. He lives in Austria, and that would make him Germanic. They don't have the same diplomacy in their language as we do. They are more blunt, and it can be offensive to most of us.
That’s ludicrous

Why would you do that

Sliding isn’t the correct terminology

Are you sure. It’s possible your wrong

That might be difficult to do

I’m convinced ignore is the best feature

Not in my opinion

Clarifying is not the best emotion imo

I’ve had 5 usernames going simultaneously. Captain was just 1 personality I have. New Bott, Pokerbrat2000, Mondio, Oldschool
it’s all me!
I’m back!
J/K :roflmao:
Great

Now I have pstd

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great

Now I have pstd

Humor works best. We all have to laugh at ourselves. Obviously, if what we said out here carried any weight, we would be working for the Packers, not sitting out here talking about it like we knew what was really going on. We're just fans, and some obviously do like to smoke a little whacky tabbacy! :)

Reaction score
Humor works best. We all have to laugh at ourselves. Obviously, if what we said out here carried any weight, we would be working for the Packers, not sitting out here talking about it like we knew what was really going on. We're just fans, and some obviously do like to smoke a little whacky tabbacy! :)
True we can’t be so serious.
Although Brian made that Bak announcement as soon as our Bak to Jets thread heated up.
I do think there are several in the Packers media that visit this forum (and others) to get a pulse on what is circulating among Packer fans chatter on any given week. After all, we represent a good sample size of Packer Backers and the “hot topic” of the day is where the hits are derived from.
The NFL as a group is still in the sports entertainment business and thus it is 100% affected by its fans. As said not long ago in here. We are the NFL (as a unit).
Any business or franchise who ignores their consumer base won’t be around very long. Collectively we wield great power

Now as far as the Team itself in any capacity on day to day operating in relation to OldSchool’s post #256 on such n such a thread?? They don’t listen that way… but they’d better start because I’m an idea man!! (I just suck at the funding part) :whistling:

PS. I had a poster laugh at my post when I mentioned trying Rasul at Safety many moons ago. Who’s laughing now!:)

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve never liked the ignore feature existing, I’ve also never truly got along good with Capt because of his dismissive condescending nature, but dangit I wish it wouldn’t have had to come to that - but I also get it.

I was always thankful for the ignore feature. It kept me sane because there were 3 posters (now 2) that I had to put in personal timeout from time to time. I just need breaks from them.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but a lot of times his stats proved some posts to be completely false. You have to be able to take the good with the bad I guess.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You take the good, you take the bad. You take them both, and there you have…

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do one hundred percent agree and is why I never tried to truly take him to heart - dude had a ton of info and added content to the forum for sure and I will miss that aspect for sure
He would make a fine editorial writer for some news publication because of his data. But it would be more talking points than nitty gritty. Too often he failed to weigh the intangibles. The game is played on the field but never played on a computer.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody here was more annoyed with Capt than I was. The continual Pro Rodgers posts were non-stop. And replying to my posts full of examples and analysis with just 'For the umpteenth time I feel that ..." as if his opinion is more important and trumps facts.

I feel like I am eulogizing him.

Anyway, it is only a internet forum and you can't get too upset with things posted here. When I left I went to another forum and now Wimm has joined there. He reached out to me we conversate.

Hope him and Buggy will come back someday. Mostly to rub Wimms nose in how better off the Packers are for keeping Love.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always refer back to Mark Twain, who said; “The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter—it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.”

Therein lies the reality of what we all post. Pick your words carefully, because you can say the same thing and it comes off completely differently because of the words you choose.

No matter how much we may disagree with the next person, they too are entitled to their opinion.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I was always thankful for the ignore feature. It kept me sane because there were 3 posters (now 2) that I had to put in personal timeout from time to time. I just need breaks from them.
I've done the same with a handful of posters. First, I just try to verbally ignore them. If that doesn't work, then I temporarily put them on ignore and as you said, take a break. However, if I have to put them on ignore for a second time, its permanent. I'm also not trying to play the victim here, I own my part of not backing down to a poster that becomes hostile towards me or other posters. However, when it finally reaches a level of distracting from why we are all here, its time for the final ignore.

My biggest complaint about the setup of this forum is that unlike most social media programs, ignore/block is not a 2 way street here. IF I want to ignore someone, that should include my being able to block my content from their view. Some people just can't except the fact that I want nothing to do with them and despite knowing that I have them on ignore, they continue to try and poke the bear. Until @Shaggy fixes that, which he told me he would look into it, there will continue to be infighting like we just saw recently.

Final thought, if you don't like how this forum is moderated, leave. I have had disagreements with moderators before, but I also respect that they are doing a thankless and difficult "job", for free. Without them, this place wouldn't exist.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've done the same with a handful of posters. First, I just try to verbally ignore them. If that doesn't work, then I temporarily put them on ignore and as you said, take a break. However, if I have to put them on ignore for a second time, its permanent. I'm also not trying to play the victim here, I own my part of not backing down to a poster that becomes hostile towards me or other posters. However, when it finally reaches a level of distracting from why we are all here, its time for the final ignore.

My biggest complaint about the setup of this forum is that unlike most social media programs, ignore/block is not a 2 way street here. IF I want to ignore someone, that should include my being able to block my content from their view. Some people just can't except the fact that I want nothing to do with them and despite knowing that I have them on ignore, they continue to try and poke the bear. Until @Shaggy fixes that, which he told me he would look into it, there will continue to be infighting like we just saw recently.

Final thought, if you don't like how this forum is moderated, leave. I have had disagreements with moderators before, but I also respect that they are doing a thankless and difficult "job", for free. Without them, this place wouldn't exist.
I've always figured that anyone who doesn't like what I post doesn't have to read it. I try to avoid making anything I say personal, because people have a tendency to carry their feelings on their shoulders. We're all just posting opinion. That's what everyone needs to remember.

Being a Mod means having a thick skin. It's a thankless job, like PB2020 said. When you post your own comments, as a Mod, some people think that means they should "attack," as if the Mods are the enemy. They need to either get over it, or hit the road, in my opinion. We all have a right to post, and opinions is what we all post.

Anyhow, I've found the Mods to be quite cooperative and informative here. I've found them honestly responsive to me when I've contacted them.

I appreciate the job they do.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I've always figured that anyone who doesn't like what I post doesn't have to read it. I try to avoid making anything I say personal, because people have a tendency to carry their feelings on their shoulders. We're all just posting opinion. That's what everyone needs to remember.

Being a Mod means having a thick skin. It's a thankless job, like PB2020 said. When you post your own comments, as a Mod, some people think that means they should "attack," as if the Mods are the enemy. They need to either get over it, or hit the road, in my opinion. We all have a right to post, and opinions is what we all post.

Anyhow, I've found the Mods to be quite cooperative and informative here. I've found them honestly responsive to me when I've contacted them.

I appreciate the job they do.
For me it's a dual existence. My head is always in poster mode. It is very seldom that I have felt that I had to put my mod hat on. I too have noticed that there are a few here that are looking to jump on the mods. I usually end up putting them on ignore. Once upon a time about 10 years ago, I tried to put a now former mod on ignore which to both my annoyance and amusement I was unable to do.

Members online

Latest posts